As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AC Challenge Thread 15: Gams 'n Garters [VOTE] [NSFW]

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sexier without them.

Mustang on
  • SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alright, I've diverted enough time from other projects to this, so I'm calling it done here:
    150909pinupcolorfinal.jpg

Do with it what you will.

Sonic on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    if you dont look at the head, it looks like its a alien eating a pin up girl
    gGuq4.jpg

probably because theres no way to actually pose like that and the torso is amazingly long

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    gGuq4.jpg

probably because theres no way to actually pose like that and the torso is amazingly long

well I think now we know the secret to why you're gay.

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    because I see aliens eating naked dead ladies?

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    ...you're weird.

Alright, I don't mean to be combative or get overly defensive here and you'll have to forgive me if it comes off that way, but...
    probably because theres no way to actually pose like that

How do you figure? I can assure you the human body is capable of this. The torso can, and often does, rotate. Also I referenced the pose from an actual pinup.
    and the torso is amazingly long

This I wasn't sure on, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and I did a draw-over to see what it would look like if she stretched out:

pinuppaintover.jpg

As you can see her hips are little funky(partially due to the difference in angles between the upper and lower torso and partially because I suck), her ribs need some attention and I misplaced the bellybutton, so I should probably repaint her stomach. But the torso is definitely not "amazingly" long. In fact it looks, dare I say, appropriate. If you take the length of her arm from the shoulder to the elbow and swing it down, the elbow would land just above her hip, which is correct, right? I mean, I'm not a woman, but that's the way my body is constructed.

If I'm wrong, please by all means gang up on me and let me know.

But I guess I should thank loom though, if I didn't stop to do that little draw over I wouldn't have realized all the other things I need to fix.

Sonic on
    edited September 2009
    oh nevermind it was just the belly button, it made it look like her entire body was completely shifted in that direction and then it had to include the fact it whent back down to the waist so it made the torso feel longer as well

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited September 2009
    Sonic wrote: »
    If I'm wrong, please by all means gang up on me and let me know.

Why do I imagine you dispatching forumers one at a time with expertly placed judo chops?

Metalbourne on
    edited September 2009
    Because that's just how I roll.

Alright, seriously this is it. I'm still not all that happy with it, but I have no more time, I have freelance stuff to finish. :x

ENTRY:
    150909pinupcolorfinalalt.jpg

Sonic on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nice Sonic, I really like those colors.

earthwormadam on
    edited September 2009
    Yup it's got a lot more depth over your original.

Mustang on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, sonic, i miss those panties

they popped like only white panties with red stretchy edges could

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sonic please change the color on her socks because now all i can think about is TFS

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sonic, you are the St. Peter to my Catholic Church.

What? What kind of metaphor is that??

I guess I was going for "you rock."

CheerfulBear on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    catholic jokes are some of my favorite jokes

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited September 2009
    bwanie wrote: »
    Sonic please change the color on her socks because now all i can think about is TFS
    TFS? I must be having a brain-fart... Googles says: The Fashion Spot, Team Foundation Server, Toyota Financial Services...

Sonic on
  • edited September 2009
    Sonic wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    TFS? I must be having a brain-fart... Googles says: The Fashion Spot, Team Foundation Server, Toyota Financial Services...

thefarside. posts in SE a lot and is often caricatured wearing a green/darker green scarf, similar to the socks of your pin-up

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Informative! Thanks. Wasn't a brain-fart after all, I've just never heard of this person or his/her fine taste in scarf patterns.
    I actually tried to make the shirt stripped as well, but thought it looked too "Sandman."

Sonic on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nice one Sonic!

On a side note, I picked up a comic book from this year's Helsinki Comic Festival from a Spaniard called Javier de Isusi. The first thing I thought when I saw it was that his style reminded me of some of your drawings.

no_toast on
    edited September 2009
    Thanks!

BTW, when are we going to wrap this challenge up and get another one going? Seems to be stagnating compared to the last. Which is really odd because I thought everyone liked to draw pretty ladies. Perhaps its because this one stretched over the start of a lot of schools?

Sonic on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, the start of school messes everything up. I still want to participate in this one though before it closes.

lyrium on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    If nobody's still working on stuff I can wrap this up soon. There are nearly 12 entries.

bombardier on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    I'm still working on it.

Cake says he's still working on it.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wont be finishing mine anytime soon so don't worry about waiting for mine. I am determined to actually paint it.

rts on
    edited September 2009
    C'mon Cake. A Watts grudge match. Who will be crowned the atelieriest of them all.
    You wouldn't want that to be bacon would you?

Mustang on
    edited September 2009
    I was going to suggest making a non-contest pinup thread, but it was like pulling goddamn teeth getting these few drawings.

Metalbourne on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Imma probably gonna work on something tonight but my sense of anatomy is baaad.

earthwormadam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ahahahahaaha loom.

Also, with out panties was the correct choice and is always the correct choice.

edit: god damn my computer and not cluing me in to the right page when I post.

I'll just leave this extremely belated comment here for god knows why.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have an entry that will be up tonight.

the_monarch23 on
    "Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Imma probably gonna work on something tonight but my sense of anatomy is baaad.

hobo pin-up is the best pin-up

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I probably won't finish by the time the contest is done, so here's my preliminary:
    pinup.jpg
    Kind of going for a queen of hearts/french maid thing. I don't know, but my wife said she was sexy. :)

the_monarch23 on
    "Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
    edited September 2009
    I am disturbed by the startling lack of astronaut pinups in this thread.

I have attempted to rectify the situation.

spacecadet.jpg

Metalbourne on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Monarch

Ginormous ta tas

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Sick of this.
    PiratePinup_02.jpg

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well now I am definitely not going to even try to finish mine on time since somebody else did pretty much the same thing.

rts on
    edited September 2009
    I probably won't finish by the time the contest is done, so here's my preliminary:
    pinup.jpg
    Kind of going for a queen of hearts/french maid thing. I don't know, but my wife said she was sexy. :)

I like this, except for the face, where you got a little too complicated with the nose shadow and the eyelashes. Drawover:
    monarch_pinup.jpg
    Not that I'm the best at it, but generally keeping the linework simplified helps a lot when drawing women, you might want to check out someone like Frank Cho's work to see how he does it.
    Also I added more hair, I think you may have chopped off some of the top and the back of the skull there.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wakkawa had an entry going, but dropped it halfway through.

Though to be honest it already looked finished.

Godfather on
    edited September 2009
    I love that so hard bacon......but one thing struck me, are chicks with an eye missing sexy? I can't decide if it's hot, or kinda fucked up.
    10 bucks says there is a girl posting here that has one eye and now I'm going to look like an insensitive clod.

Mustang on
    edited September 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    I love that so hard bacon......but one thing struck me, are chicks with an eye missing sexy? I can't decide if it's hot, or kinda fucked up.
    10 bucks says there is a girl posting here that has one eye and now I'm going to look like an insensitive clod.

Considering 2 of my last 3 contest entries had an eyepatched girl in them, I guess so? I hadn't realized I'd done it untl I was halfway done with this painting and suddenly thought, "man people are going to think I've got some kind of weird fetish going on."

Or you could say she's not missing an eye- if Mythbusters is to be believed, some pirates wore eyepatches to keep one eye acclimated to the dark, which they'd take off when going from the bright outdoors to below decks so they could see better.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • chirpiechirpie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mustang wrote: »

I vote hot. It means she's tough, and she can take it.

chirpie on