As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fuck whatever we were playing, let's get ready for some goddamn DARK SUN

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    For real, that seems really low for a car that age.

Moriveth on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    and it was only four thousand ollars and seventy thousand miles when I bought it

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    sounds 'bout right

what kinda car is it?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really find it hard to believe that we've put so many miles on this car in less than a year

but at the same time

we do drive to SC every other weekend or so, and probably drive around 30+ miles every weekday just to get Rachel to and from work

Moriveth on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    we oughta drive your way next time

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Strange how a 14 mile commute to work doesn't seem that much in America

also I received a pay raise :o

my boss gave me a few more duties and figured it was only proper (of course, I have to prove I can do those duties too!)

Janson on
    edited September 2009
    Accord (i.e. will probably be stolen within the coming weeks)

but seriously, I think a time travel element would be nifty in a campaign. You have the players fight part of a battle in an area, and then they're hurled into the past (distant or recent, WHO KNOOOWWWS), where they can alter the world to make the remaining part of the present battle easier. Convince the designer of an ancient keep to slightly alter the floor plan when it's first being built so that the ruins of the present crumble differently. Bury a golem underground, where it lies in wait until you return to retrieve it. ET CETERA

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
    edited September 2009
    Janson, have you started killing off your competition yet?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited September 2009
    I wanted to run a campaign where the players are transporting an ancient artifact which is stolen from them early on

and at the end of the campaign it turns out that it was stolen by themselves from the future, and they took it because the guy who hired them to transport it was actually going to use it for nefarious purposes

or perhaps

nefarious porpoises

Moriveth on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have no competition

actually I feel a little bad, as it's a start-up and people's duties are expanding in general and job descriptions are constantly changing and shifting I've ended up taking over quite a few things that used to be other people's domain and I'm treading on eggshells trying desperately hard not to offend any of them

Janson on
    edited September 2009
    that would mean Fishman is our nemesis

the hobbits of new zealand aren't enough for him

Tales of the Time Traveler 6: Hobbits of Time

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I wanted to run a campaign where the players are transporting an ancient artifact which is stolen from them early on

and at the end of the campaign it turns out that it was stolen by themselves from the future, and they took it because the guy who hired them to transport it was actually going to use it for nefarious purposes

or perhaps

nefarious porpoises

It bestows the Infernal Aquan language upon the holder.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited September 2009
    Off topic, but King Frost is probably the most awesome Persona ever

595px-KingFrostSMT2.jpg

Moriveth on
    edited September 2009
    is he... is he squeezing out frost babies?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited September 2009
    Apparently he is the ruler of the Jack Frosts

and those are all the Jack Frosts he rules

crushing them underfoot because they are inferior to him

or... or something

Moriveth on
    edited September 2009
    face it, Mori, our characters are gonna have lil' frosty face huggers on our faces

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mara is the official Persona of SE++.

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Mara is the official Persona of SE++.

Holy shit

holy shit

you are right

what the fuck, Persona

Moriveth on
    edited September 2009
    oh and for extreme time travel situations your players have to play with the super old D&D rulesets where elf was a class and stuff

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    that would mean Fishman is our nemesis

the hobbits of new zealand aren't enough for him

Tales of the Time Traveler 6: Hobbits of Time

You know I'm older than you, right?

Are you entirely certain I'm not you from the future?

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    edited September 2009
    Damn, I'm sexy in the future.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh goooood my Fighter/Bard is going to be such a rape machine. I almost want to kill my main character purposefully so that I can use him as soon as possible!

DarkPrimus on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    oh and for extreme time travel situations your players have to play with the super old D&D rulesets where elf was a class and stuff

I've been toying around with something very similar.

Here's the basic idea of the campaign structure:
    You start off in a game of Call of Cthulhu in the late 1920s, or even the early 30s, as a group of plucky teen adventurers. Through the actions in the Call of Cthulhu campaign, you are ultimately successful, but in the process uncover some sort of artifact which gives your group certain magical talents or powers. You use these powers to defeat whatever it is you need to defeat, and then you retire.

20-30 years later, someone else has gotten their hands on whatever it was that gave your group their powers. You're now all significantly older, and possibly even retired, but whoever this is is creating more powered individuals and fucking up the world significantly. You come out of retirement into a golden/silver age Mutants and Masterminds game. You defeat your foes, and finally find your way to the big boss, but before he is defeated, he escapes away in a time machine, where you follow him.

You arrive in the middle ages, now as D&D characters. Your nemesis has altered the world significantly, and you do your best to undo what he has done in your search for him, trying to make the world what it once was and not this horrifying place full of dragons and ogres. You defeat him, but then you realize that his defeat does not mean that all his changes will be reversed, and that the only way to reverse those changes is to go back and prevent anyone from getting the artifact.

You warp back to the 1920s, in a Spirit of the Century campaign, where your adventure is similar and yet incredibly different from your original one. While defeating cosmic horrors is still a main priority, you also now have to prevent anyone else from getting the artifact that gave y'all powers, and destroy it forever.

I was trying to find a way to add in Shadowrun too, but I'm pretty happy with that as is. I may run it someday.

Straightzi on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    oh wow, that's really cool

i want to steal it

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Steal it

You thief

Obey the Lord Thy God

Zen Vulgarity on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Okay, I picked up the DMG2 and AV2 today and gosh.

I haven't started reading the Adventurer's Vault yet but DMG2 has some really awesome ideas, especially for someone like myself who hasn't done any terribly intensive DM'ing before. There's just so many neat ideas, and ways to do things I never really considered while making adventurers, plus a boatload of new templates (including PHB2 and FRPG classes) and a bunch of 'theme' templates that you can use to tie a whole bunch of different monsters together into a coherent group.

I'm not sure it's for everyone but it certainly has some pretty sweet highlights for a newbie like me. Dang I am enjoying this.

marsh run an online campaign for some of us dudes

Kusuguttai on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    make it play by post so I don't have to sit somewhere for five hours

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited September 2009
    no that's stupid make it in that one program
    i forgot what it's called
    play by post would take months

Kusuguttai on
    edited September 2009
    maptools you dumb dumby

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited September 2009
    yes map tools

Kusuguttai on
    edited September 2009
    man i seriously REALLY want to use my dragonborn sorcerer or my goliath barbarian

this is killing me

Kusuguttai on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    marsh run an online campaign for some of us dudes

Sure thing. I'll hop right to it.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2009
    man reallly

i love you

Kusuguttai on
    edited September 2009
    Yup, I've got maptools open right now, as we type, and I'm working on a campaign for you.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2009
    i love you
    i want to make love to you

Kusuguttai on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Marsh, I have a bunch of free time today, so I'll post my character for friday's game sometime tonight, okay?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited September 2009
    That would be dandy as heck.

Marshmallow on
    edited September 2009
    marsh what kind of campaign is it
    is it dreamy
    does it have stables for my ponies
    is it tender

Kusuguttai on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Marsh

What is the campaign wearing right now?

:winky:

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited September 2009
    I could probably run the age of worms campaign for a second group. It's not so much the game-running that gets me its the making and planning beforehand.

Plus converting this thing has been like a part-time job, if I can run it more than once that would hella justify the time spent on it.

Tommy: Currently wearing green robes and a leather mask with iron studs it seems.

Marshmallow on
This discussion has been closed.