As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition

• HicksHicks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sorry mang, I use the downtown Bellevue 24 hour fitness.

Hicks on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hezaaa wrote: »
    ashridah wrote: »
    Anyone in Seattle willing to go to 1351 east Olive on Tuesday at 5pm? I am taking co-workers and it could be a pretty live scene?.

Way to sell it. uh. what exactly is happening there? What is this location that you've just listed by address? (also, 5pm? boo, some of us don't get out of work by then... lousy beatniks)

Agreed, let us know what's going to happen and I might show up...

Anyone up for 9/17 8pm at the Capitol Club (http://www.thecapitolclub.net/)? Delicious food and home of the chocolate bacon martini.
    edit: And then we could hit up Gameworks -- keep forgetting, it's all-you-can-play for $10 on Thursday nights!

Long story short, 2.5 - 3 hours live jazz with happy hour and cheap drinks. Very informal and relaxed. I always drag people I like ( :) ) there.

Not to mention the more of these I help toss out, even if no one comes, it still helps promote the idea of getting people out and together.

edit: Faire Gallery and Cafe

RoyceSraphim on
  • CalXCalX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    edit: And then we could hit up Gameworks -- keep forgetting, it's all-you-can-play for $10 on Thursday nights!

I've been meaning to check out gameworks, especially on a thursday.

CalX on
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Asmodian wrote: »
    Definitely! What I might suggest doing is showing up at an event where we are at a bar (assuming you are over 21) or eatery and looking for the big nerdy crowd (won't be that hard to miss). The Puyallup fair may be slightly harder since the whole group would be roaming the fairgrounds.

Oh yeah, bring a DS.

Yeah I'm definitely over 21 and live downtown with no car, so I'll probably wait til there's something like that downtown anyway. Well awesome I'm looking forward to it then, though I may need to pre funk before the first time since I'll be all shy otherwise. Seriously at the bar crawl I didn't talk to anyone until bar #3 but then I was all over the place and met everyone I could.

Hey wait, did I meet you at the pub crawl? I'm the Pokemon girl.

freckle on
  • AsmodianAsmodian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is your name Bridgette? I think we did hang out at the pub crawl, my name is Jacob and if you're who I'm thinking of we were sitting at a table and my buddy got in trouble for drinking through the bar window.

Asmodian on
    Droymac.png
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yep! Well see you know someone already, so you don't have to be shy now :-)

freckle on
  • HezaaaHezaaa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is your name Bridgette? I think we did hang out at the pub crawl, my name is Jacob and if you're who I'm thinking of we were sitting at a table and my buddy got in trouble for drinking through the bar window.

Woah, was this at Clever Dunne's? I got in trouble for sitting on the window there.

Hezaaa on
  • JullesongJullesong Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    freckle wrote: »
    OK so this year was my first PAX and I met some really cool people, and I'd love to meet more people in the area throughout this next year. I posted once a while back but never went to anything. So if I randomly show up to one of these things that'd be ok right? Should I wear something that proclaims me as a nerd for all to see just so there's no confusion as to who I'm looking for? Like a utilikilt made of MtG cards or something?

That might help eliminate the part where you have to walk up to random strangers and ask if they are the ones from the internets. Which is what I did, and it was awkward.

Hmmm... perhaps PAX shirts?

This is my first post to the Seattle group... are fairly-cool-middle-aged-white-geek-chicks welcome to gather with y'all, too? (That is, gather once I'm not contagious from H1Nerd1, that is...)

Jullesong on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    All and sunder are welcome, if its posted on these hur forums!

We tend to all have our DS's out, with some Mario Kart action, and most of us tend to wear geeky shirts, PAX shirts, or shirt.woot.com shirts :D

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • JullesongJullesong Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    On a completely separate note, iffen any of you are thinking of going to PAX East, and might want to be on a "PAX Train" the way a lot of easties did coming out our way, you might want to check in at this thread. They've been talking about making "THE" train one that starts down in Los Angeles, which I find completely annoying and kinda stupid. There shouldn't be one designated as "THE PAX Train" at all, IMHO.

Jullesong on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone in Seattle willing to go to 1351 east Olive on Tuesday at 5pm? I am taking co-workers and it could be a pretty live scene?.

Way to sell it. uh. what exactly is happening there? What is this location that you've just listed by address? (also, 5pm? boo, some of us don't get out of work by then... lousy beatniks)

Anyone up for 9/17 8pm at the Capitol Club (http://www.thecapitolclub.net/)? Delicious food and home of the chocolate bacon martini.

I could be down for this. I've been meaning to check out the Capitol Club. I walk by it at least once a month, but I'm never down that way when I'm drinking. Though no Gameworks for me, unfortunately I've got other plans later that night.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

This sounds like fun - and with the MAG Beta ending at 8 PM that day, it'd be a great way to meet up with fellow players and see what we think! (Oh, and to keep gaming, of course :mrgreen:)

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
    edited September 2009
    Kwisatz, I love your name. Just finished rereading Dune for the nth time yesterday.

Looks like it's on for this Thursday! We'll meet at the Capitol Club ( http://www.thecapitolclub.net ) at 8pm, then I figure we'll head on down to GameWorks at 9:30/10pm ish. Pm me if you want to exchange numbers or anything like that. I'll try and get us a table downstairs.

Hezaaa on
  • hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Woops! Screening*

hey i signed up to screen the movie Nerdcore Rising! Its at my house so i only have room for about 20 people :(. im gonna try and get a larger place! but for now if you wanna come rsvp @ http://www.nerdcorerisingmovie.com/2009/09/16/screening-at-gregatrons/

if there is a venue change i will post it up there!

hyrulehero96 on
    Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just a quick question about the movie. Is there any difference between this release and the previous one? I have the copy with the the satellite on the cover from last year. Is it just a new printing?

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As far as i know its the same movie. But im not sure, i just orderd the screening kit so i will post more when it comes

hyrulehero96 on
    Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I FUCKING CANT WAIT TIL I TURN 21.

GODDD WHY DIDNT MY PARENTS BANG A YEAR EARLIER?!

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey look, I'm still too busy to do anything!!!

Azazel on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oktoberfest is this weekend in Fremont! I think I will be going on Saturday.

If anyone's a fan of the Simpsons, Q13 FOX is celebrating their 20th Anniversary. Some guy in a Homer suit will be walking around Oktoberfest handing out bottle openers (I think) and posing for photos. Please be nice to him. That suit is a monster to wear.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • TranceAddictFoXTranceAddictFoX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kwisatz, I love your name. Just finished rereading Dune for the nth time yesterday.

Looks like it's on for this Thursday! We'll meet at the Capitol Club ( http://www.thecapitolclub.net ) at 8pm, then I figure we'll head on down to GameWorks at 9:30/10pm ish. Pm me if you want to exchange numbers or anything like that. I'll try and get us a table downstairs.

I'll be there.
    I'll probably be wearing the blue RVB Caboose shirt I got from PAX...
    As seen here worn by my clone:
    IMG_2077.JPG

TranceAddictFoX on
    edited September 2009

Haha thanks much - yeah, it's a great book! (And the sequels aren't half-bad, either)

So my friend just informed me of an improv show he wants to take his friends to, me included, which means I gotta bow out of today's festivities :( Drink a Chocolate Bacon Martini for me!

On another note: how many PAXers here enjoy a good Nerf war? :winky:

Kwisatz Haderach on
    edited September 2009
    nerf < paintball

CalX on
    edited September 2009
    CalX wrote: »
    nerf < paintball

TranceAddictFoX on
    edited September 2009
    nerf < paintball

Nerf < $$$ < Paintball

Kwisatz Haderach on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    nerf < paintball

Nerf < $$$ < Paintball

Nerf < $$$ < Paintball < internet

MetaverseNomad on
    edited September 2009
    nerf < paintball

Nerf < $$$ < Paintball

That does it - we're playing Internet Paintball.

Everyone go find this game:
    EXTREME%20PAINTBRAWL%204%20LG.jpg

On a more serious note, are we sure Gameworks tonight is $10? Every other time I've tried it it's been $25...

EDIT:
    30738_play_thu1.jpg

Seems that it is!

Kwisatz Haderach on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Between this thread, the Jedi knights pack on steam, and needing a new hard drive, this is the shittiest week to be poor!

edit: but on the bright side, being poor inspired me to make this

RoyceSraphim on
    edited September 2009
    nerf < paintball

Nerf < $$$ < Paintball

all < internet

internet <3

CalX on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so the halo thing Monday night at the emp

who is down?

s7arbuck on
    edited September 2009
    s7arbuck wrote: »

who is down?

Can you give me a HELL YEAH?

Pick through my assortment of camo, grab my helmet, and go buy one of those toy Assault Rifles from Target...just might win something! :lol:

When would those who are going think they'd be showing up?

Kwisatz Haderach on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

who is down?

I'll go only if we can watch eye-shuh kick some ass in ODST.

Also, what are the details again?

MetaverseNomad on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't go on Monday, but have fun ODSTing the crap out of EMP.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited September 2009

who is down?

I'll go only if we can watch eye-shuh kick some ass in ODST.

Also, what are the details again?

Google-fu seeeeeez...

"Microsoft and Bungie are hosting a "Halo 3: ODST" launch party at 6 p.m. Monday at Seattle's Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum. The free event is open to the public (ages 16 and younger must be accompanied by an adult), and guests can tour the Science Fiction Museum for free."

Would You Like To Know More?

Kwisatz Haderach on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    Jullesong wrote: »
    On a completely separate note, iffen any of you are thinking of going to PAX East, and might want to be on a "PAX Train" the way a lot of easties did coming out our way, you might want to check in at this thread. They've been talking about making "THE" train one that starts down in Los Angeles, which I find completely annoying and kinda stupid. There shouldn't be one designated as "THE PAX Train" at all, IMHO.
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=101280

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ignisignis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Had a lot of fun until I got paged into work D: But we should do more of these :mrgreen:

ignis on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ignis wrote: »

Had a lot of fun until I got paged into work D: But we should do more of these :mrgreen:

It was great hanging out with you guys.

How did the book launching go? Did you manage to wake up that early?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited September 2009

I had a hell of a good time! Thanks everyone who came out. Holy crap though, you guys completely wrecked me. I was hungover (at work) until 1 pm at least.

Hezaaa on
    edited September 2009

I had a hell of a good time! Thanks everyone who came out. Holy crap though, you guys completely wrecked me. I was hungover (at work) until 1 pm at least.

Yeah it was good times. I wish I could have drank more though

TranceAddictFoX on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i think i get off at work at lie 1pm that day... so basically RIGHT after that :P

Nomad: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ODST_LaunchPartay

who is down?

Can you give me a HELL YEAH?

Pick through my assortment of camo, grab my helmet, and go buy one of those toy Assault Rifles from Target...just might win something! :lol:

When would those who are going think they'd be showing up?

s7arbuck on
  • ignisignis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

It was great hanging out with you guys.

How did the book launching go? Did you manage to wake up that early?

Got into work just in time to get in on the uneventful conference call with a hangover. GG for barely eating anything that night.

ignis on
This discussion has been closed.