As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Halo 2 Tournament(s) ?

FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited March 2007 in PAX Archive
Hey.

Does anybody know anything about any official Halo 2 tournaments at PAX? Any idea of the gametypes? Can I play as an elite? Will we play something other than Midship and Lockout all the time? Can we please ban superbouncing and BXRing?

FyreWulff on

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    is there really gonna be another one this year?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Probably.

Either that or a Halo 3 Beta Tourney. :D

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    M4YH3MM4YH3M Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i really dont think they should do another halo 2 tourny its getting old they should switch it out with a gears of war tourny instead

M4YH3M on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    mayh3mwu6dc9.jpg
    notfrank.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i'm with m4yh3m, it's just not like the old days of rocket whoring with my drunk buddies on a 12-16 player lan party. halo tourneys at pax are just feeling dated.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Age alone doesn't determine whether or not a game makes the cut. How many of you who think Halo 2 is dated would even enter the tourney in the first place?

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Legacy wrote: »

Probably.

I honestly think there won't be one.

Because it would more than likely just be the public beta version again, and people wouldn't be as excited about it (and Bungie would also be entering crunch time, hardcore)

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Probably.

Because it would more than likely just be the public beta version again, and people wouldn't be as excited about it (and Bungie would also be entering crunch time, hardcore)
    if there really was a halo 3 tourney, i wouldn't be able to help myself, i'd just find a way to steal it!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Probably.

if there really was a halo 3 tourney, i wouldn't be able to help myself, i'd just find a way to steal it!

You can try, but they'll most likely have it locked up. Heavier then they had had GH2 last year.

Highfire on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Highfire wrote: »

Probably.

You can try, but they'll most likely have it locked up. Heavier then they had had GH2 last year.

Plus even if you do manage to do it. Your xbox wont play it :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Also, it should be remembered that they're releasing new Halo 2 content (maps) a couple months before PAX.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    Highfire wrote: »

Probably.

Plus even if you do manage to do it. Your xbox wont play it :P

Speak for yourself. Some of us have debug units and such...

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    debug units can't run retail discs, though, so it still wouldn't be very helpful to steal Halo 3 - you'd still have to pay for it, either with jail time or 60$ in money :P

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    yeah, but you know retarded little fanboys would still buy that shit on ebay!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Debug units will play unsigned disks. If halo3 is brought it would be on a Dev kit with the code running off of the hard drive.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Debug units will play unsigned disks. If halo3 is brought it would be on a Dev kit with the code running off of the hard drive.

for the record incase anyone tries, don't bother trying to steal the hard drive...it wouldn't run on your retail 360.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I will be shocked if halo 3 beta will be there at all.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

for the record incase anyone tries, don't bother trying to steal the hard drive...it wouldn't run on your retail 360.

Unless you are BigRed

;)

BigRed on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Unless you are BigRed

;)

A much more devious plan of action is a Hard disk copy and to get it back before anyone notices the 360 drive is gone in the first place *innocent whistle*

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    well, anyone can get a sata connector and just jack the data off it, hell, i can do it at the show with my laptop. then, there's always reformatting the drive for your 360. damn, why are we going so into detail about stealing stuff from out beloved pax?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    well, anyone can get a sata connector and just jack the data off it, hell, i can do it at the show with my laptop. then, there's always reformatting the drive for your 360. damn, why are we going so into detail about stealing stuff from out beloved pax?

Whoa whoa whoa.. Did you say steal? I didn't say steal .

We are just "borrowing" something.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Whoa whoa whoa.. Did you say steal? I didn't say steal .

We are just "borrowing" something.

It's not stealing...it's...copying. The original is still there...I kid I kid.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Wont be possible. Not with a dev kit.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    hey red, stop trying to talk us out of it, we're on a roll! :lol:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    hey red, stop trying to talk us out of it, we're on a roll! :lol:

K, I will let someone else crush your dream plan ;)

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    You mean like bungie might actually read this and decided not to bring us halo 3 tourney?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    i would cut their children!!!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I didnt report this thread to anyone and agents ARE NOT on their way to your house to rape you.

jk :P

I wouldnt be suprised if there wasnt someone, somewhere in MS that read stuff like this all day between meetings.
    Other than yours truly.
    *coughs*

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    well, i deliver pizza to microsoft all the time, that's when they'll probably get me. ask me to come inside to delver the pizza late at night, then, when i'm in there, they shove a plasma rifle in my ass!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Which campus you deliver to?

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Which campus you deliver to?

pissaquah campus. off e. lake sammamish

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
This discussion has been closed.