As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EvE] It's slightly less boring than discussing politics

1616263646567»

• Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How would you run missions for an agent that is at a station in which you cannot dock? You are aware that a station won't let you dock if you have been set neutral/hostile to the owning corp/alliance?

*Shrug*

I hang out in CVA space. You have to be a boldfaced peglegged pirate for them to bar you from their stations because they prefer their web based KoS database over the standings system.

Oh god, CVA. This explains a lot. Also, IAC was a front for long-term scam, so yeah, you probably had a bad experience with them.

My point here is that Corp/Alliance standings already really matter in the game, and that having agents that give rep for player alliances/corp would be silly. The LP they give for faction items is what makes them valuable. I can only imagine what GoonSwarm faction items might look like.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How would you run missions for an agent that is at a station in which you cannot dock? You are aware that a station won't let you dock if you have been set neutral/hostile to the owning corp/alliance?

*Shrug*

I hang out in CVA space. You have to be a boldfaced peglegged pirate for them to bar you from their stations because they prefer their web based KoS database over the standings system.

Oh god, CVA. This explains a lot. Also, IAC was a front for long-term scam, so yeah, you probably had a bad experience with them.

My point here is that Corp/Alliance standings already really matter in the game, and that having agents that give rep for player alliances/corp would be silly. The LP they give for faction items is what makes them valuable. I can only imagine what GoonSwarm faction items might look like.

tell that to BOB and Blood Raiders.

Ethea on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    or they could just add agents for the local rats to the stations as an 'infrastructure' upgrade. No standings required, no hassle of figuring out what factions' agents you should add to various stations, and it ties into region disparity - where some regions are worth more than others.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    hazywater wrote: »
    or they could just add agents for the local rats to the stations as an 'infrastructure' upgrade. No standings required, no hassle of figuring out what factions' agents you should add to various stations, and it ties into region disparity - where some regions are worth more than others.

I think it would work better if the agents in your system were upgradeable. The more upgrades you put into your system's agents, the better level/quality agents you get. Alliance members and people with +10 standing towards your alliance would be able to use your l4q20 agent. People who just had +1 and docking rights would only be able to use your lower level agents. It would add an extra element to awarding good standing. As for the LP store, I don't think that would be feasible. CCP could simply increase the mission reward bonuses to offset the loss of LP.
    The biggest advantage to this would be alleviating the crowding in ratting belts. You could support more people in a single system with an infinite resource like missions. Although I shudder to think of what the farming alliances would do with this.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009

This. Simple, no need to have player alliance standings involved, one of the rewards for +standings with an alliance is access to their upgraded space and mission givers. Least amount of work from CCP for the most benefit to Alliances upgrading their space in 0.0.

XArchangelX on
    Steam
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Damn the new planets are sexy.
    Megaplanet1.jpg

(copied from the GF thread)

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Avynte wrote: »
    Megaplanet1.jpg

Oh, wow. yeah they are...

is there any actual reason to go near them, though?
    it'd be nice if more missions and explorations sites took you near planets.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Every 0.0 player-built station is at a planet. In empire, many stargates are located near planets, and, well, planets are big so just visiting a moon brings you in pretty close.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Also, the Dust thing will probably involve a lot of opportunities to look at the planets.

XArchangelX on
    Steam
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    NRDS is fucking retarded, hth. It's used by people who are too spineless to play in the real big boys game of 0.0 politics. The only reason CVA hasn't been wiped off the map yet is that no real 0.0 entity wants their space. Having fought CVA gangs, I can tell you that if a real concentrated effort was ever put in to taking Providence, they would get wiped out. The actual players in CVA are decent enough, but their little vassals in Prov are fucking terrible.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Megaplanet1.jpg

Holy fuck that's gorgeous. I can't wait til you can go from space to atmosphere (full burn reentry) to ground landings without a loading screen.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spy.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    AhmneeAhmnee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Fun story time!

So it turns out, if you are in the goonswarm alliance, and you post in the inappropriate thread regarding some newbie questions, you will be banned from the entire forums for an entire month! This is SRS BSNS folks. VERY VERY SRS.

Not only that, but when you go online to figure out what the fuck happened, you get bitched at by some director who can dish it out but can't take it, who then decides to ragekick you from the corp/alliance and permaban you from the forums.

Good times, seriously some people (I use the term loosely) take shit way too seriously. I couldn't have cared less about the shit talking, that stuff doesn't phase me in the slightest. The only thing that really pissed me off was the fact that cutting off access to the goonwiki at my stage of experience in this game, is basically completely depriving me of many vital resources for reference. I would have even taken a 1 month-no posting infraction without too much of a fuss, although I think I still would have been extreme, at least I could have accessed the information. But a 1 month ban? For posting in the wrong forum? Seriously? That is some lame fucking shit.

Anyway, bye MerchI, it was fun while it lasted!

So, it turns out, that folks in this game are actually serious, and your actions really do have consequences

Like, if you make mistakes, which are expected, then get all bent instead of eating crow...welp

Ahmnee on
  • Options
    runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ethea wrote: »
    Fuck NRDS and fuck anyone who thinks 0.0 should be NRDS

Only reason cva has worked is they reside in some of the shittiest 0.0 space.
    This has kept them safe for years now. Since we'll soon have the ability to upgrade trusec, I wonder if someone won't finally decide to make a grab at Providence.

runaway_pancake on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    me, i want to invade their space and then leave

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Internet spaceships is serious business.

JediNight on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I used to be big into the RP scene as Minmatar, the CVA guys have always been top dudes, don't go pissing in their backyard because you're bored :P

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Demiurge wrote: »
    don't go pissing in their backyard because you're bored :P
    Nobody in Eve would ever grief someone just because they were bored. Ever.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys i'm making a new OP toss some candidate thread titles about

fine don't, you will all regret it

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    BrassBrass Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Megaplanet1.jpg

WHAT

Brass on
  • Options
    BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys i'm making a new OP toss some candidate thread titles about

fine don't, you will all regret it

Eve: If you like WoW you will love EVE!

Brian on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fuck ME those planets are gorgeous. At this point they really are the only crappy things left about the graphics so it's great to see this.

Now lets hope pretty planets aren't the only good thing about this expansion...

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    syonachsyonach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I cant get near the planets! whats up with that?

syonach on
    Bad decisions make good stories
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sadly the warp points are ridiculous far from the planets and all those cool screenshots are just camera manipulation.

CCP has said however they plan on moving the points closer as more planets are upgraded. That way they'll dominate the entire view as battles rage within orbit.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey All.

Earl Von Verril saying Hi.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    ValVal Registered User regular
    edited September 2009