As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey its a loomdun, and he is drawing stuff, how neat [NSFW]

• Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    you have a talent for completely missing the point.

It was kinda funny when you did it to Shiz, but it rather sucks being on the receiving end of it.

Fucking sweet drawings man.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I understand exactly what you are saying, to be honest, you are the confused one but... I don't really care if you aren't really willing to think enough, 3d volumes is cylinders, cubes, spheres, and cones. Measurement then allows accuracy and the build up of the drawing, any drawing not just the figure, and understanding anatomy allows you to know what to look for and where to apply the marks as well as what to exaggerate for more attractive looks.

Anatomy is probably the least important but it still has its uses and still gives that edge since creating people is one of the most important things, and you are using it for all the improper reasons, You aren't going to be using human anatomy to draw a dinosaur.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Christ, what is this, High School?

Cut the bullshit and just draw already.

Loom, I got some great gesture studies i'd like you to look at once I get a chance to grab them from the office. They are legions better than what the first/second year students are pumping out over here, but are a regular occurrence in final year portfolios.

I think it might help you grasp depth in figures a bit more.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    you can pm them thanksssssss

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    I understand exactly what you are saying, to be honest, you are the confused one but... I don't really care if you aren't really willing to think enough, 3d volumes is cylinders, cubes, spheres, and cones. Measurement then allows accuracy and the build up of the drawing, any drawing not just the figure, and understanding anatomy allows you to know what to look for and where to apply the marks as well as what to exaggerate for more attractive looks.

Anatomy is probably the least important but it still has its uses and still gives that edge since creating people is one of the most important things, and you are using it for all the improper reasons, You aren't going to be using human anatomy to draw a dinosaur.

Oh man, now the quality in your drawings is growing, so is your arrogance. A shame really.

(HINT: your last figurestudies from head weren't fucking dinosaurs, they were disproportionate unnatural human beings. Maybe Ken does have a point?)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Good drawings, cut the absurdly passive-aggressive bullshit.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm really sorry for any of this to occur, i'm not exactly the best type with the talking thingy, there are points to both sides and I should of thought more carefully on what I said. I'll be posting more work later tonight. I just hope apologizing is enough for now

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Id like to step in and also offer an apology if I offended. My intent was to help but I have difficulty restraining myself when I am baited. the last thing I would like to say is that everything I am offering as advice isnot my own knowledge. Just information I have picked up from teachers and am paraphrasing here. I encourage you to take this discussion to some of your instructors, hopefully in a less combative fashion. Upon re reading it we are both right and wrong in certain aspects..Edit: Which you just pointed out as well so I guess we agree to to disagree

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    oh look its post 250

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hey a new page

I had rough newsprint under this so it was a tad more difficult to manage it today had to come back to replace the newsprint, back to class i'll update with the rest of my junk

edit: the new instructor helped show me how to group shadows more

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It looks great, although the right hand side of the face seems mighty huge?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks, probably, but the dark line i used to indicate the hair was placed to back which is kind of making it look even worst

004-9.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    5 to 2 minutes again last drawing for 3 weeks, time to quietly think for a long time because I doubt i'll be doing anything else or cake/kevin/cakes roommate in wanting to do anything

me warming up

my instructor drew 2 things in this one, its like finding that one guy with the red striped shirt game

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    my instructor drew 2 things in this one, its like finding that one guy with the red striped shirt game

I'm guessing
    the tiny one 3/4 across the page from the left, and 3/5th down the page from the top, and the one directly to that one's upper right.

AM I RIGHT AM I RIGHT AM I RIGHT?!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    YUP!

its as if they look better in every way

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    God, that class today was miserable. Quicksketch is probably the first thing to really deteriorate when you haven't done it in awhile.

Yours however, look pretty good. But I am particularly impressed with your drawing of Adam. I remember looking at it on Friday night but I didn't get to see it at the end of the session.

rts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    gasp thankssss

you should post your quick sketches because they look pretty amazing even though your being so hard on yourself

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I won't be doing that, but I will be posting my drawing from this afternoon which kicks some ass I think. Also my costumed figure painting...it still has a way to go and I was going to save posting it for when it was finished...but I realize now there is a good chance I will ruin it before I finish it anyways so I had better get a record of when it was still awesome.

rts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    now to not move for 23 days

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    loom, your progress is unreal from the first post to now

like seriously.
    everyone go look at page one
    and then go look here.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    thats what the atelier training will do for you beavooo

just mix in liberal amounts of hard work and persistence.

You should go to one too

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    jesus christ loomdun

the progress you've made just in the last month is astounding

nice work

keep at it

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    thankss these 3 weeks are awful, I really want to get back into class and throwing in more crazy drawings

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Draw at home.

rts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I willll, its just not the samee though

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Go to the park and draw live people for free :)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    NEVER! I have a book cake gave me and a bunch of books I bought with bacon, andd a bunch of cheapo smooth paper from crappy rhino's store, i'm just taking a week off since I can and I rather not go insane. i'll begin working again inn 5 more days if you count it being 12 soon

edit: and knowing me, this means i'll be working in like 3 or 2 more days

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You should buy Eadweard Muybridge's That Male and Female Figure in Motion. It's like, a ton of sequence poses photographed in the 1800's and there are quite a few nice reference poses in there.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Loom your avatar coupled with your progress makes me think you are a cool individual

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    compliments are neat, anyways during these 3 weeks I may or may not work on something every day, I'm building pictures I suppose to work on in the future.

Anyways heres a doodle for today

edit: I wanted to fix the focus of the picture a bit before letting it sit here

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Anyways I got back from eating delicious food with ryan, then I started spacing out, and I decided to draw some. Tomorrow i'll be practicing on paper and pencil but tonight I decided to doodle about on photoshop

What do you people think?

Want me to work on it more? If not i'll just leave it as it is, but it was just a quick hour warm up

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm finding you're slipping back into your old ways with these last two digitals. The last one has some fairly major anatomical flaws. It's certainly not up to the standard you've set over the last few pages.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    fairly major flaws is a bit vague, if you find something wrong can you please point it out, these are once again from imagination and knowing specifically what I did wrong would help bring a awareness to when studying from a figure again

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Giant head, giant feet and she is built like a dude.

rts on
  • Options
    CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    fairly major flaws is a bit vague, if you find something wrong can you please point it out, these are once again from imagination and knowing specifically what I did wrong would help bring a awareness to when studying from a figure again

Also the first one appears to be missing calves and feet.

Charis on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Head and neck is too big, the angle of the shoulders doesn't correspond to the rest of the torso (eg the hips are angled but the chest and ribcage are in a horizontal position), breasts look like flat wet socks, the mid-section doesn't have any form and the torso is uncomfortably twisted in comparison to the legs. Actually the torso doesn't look like it's connected to the hips at all, it doesn't twist, it's just turned dramatically at the hips like on a swivel joint. Everything seems disconnected, the body parts aren't reacting to one another.

Did you do any construction work to measure out your figure before hand?
    Seriously Loom, you are capable of better.

Also, if you can ref anything, do so. Christ I know I do, it makes life a whole lot easier.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thank you, also to help clarify things, there is no real anatomy in this drawing yet, its all poorly done basic shapes that I should of done better. If I was going to even add basic shape I should of been more thourough with it. I'm lazy pretty much

Anyways I spent time looking over what I did wrong and i'm very glad that you took the time to tell me its wrong because in general you are correct, I did not really do a correct form of measurement. Nore did I apply anything I learned from watts in these drawings.

I'll be drawing one more project to correct this but after looking over it I had to think on it a tad and had some good advice from ryan,

So anyways with ryan saying i'm a terrible person and a few attempts, heres what I feel the gestural drawing should of actually been

What I did back there was sloppy lines with scratchy chicken scratch crap and foolishly didn't transfer over anything from paper to digital, I suppose to cut myself some slack though these are the first two digital things i've attempted to do from what I learned.

even that one is sloppy

awjtljwtja rarworw i'm horrible hroiaewrjaw;jwa

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'MAAAA GUNNA MAKE ANOTHER THINGY PICTURE USING THIS AND TRY TO BE SIMPLE EVEN THOUGH I SAID I WAS GOING PAPER AAAAAAHHHHH

actually theres no point to doing another, I got what I need to know out of these and will practice with paper

but I did a minor one at least, ugh, dealing with drunk rich people is the worst

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I did not really do a correct form of measurement. Nore did I apply anything I learned from watts in these drawings.

Yeah it really showed, this latest lot is a vast improvement. I think you were just slipping into old habits because you were working digitally (I've done the same). All the same processes still apply though.

Mustang on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Watch the balance of the pose. That last one on the right looks like she would tip over, even with the wall support.

More weight needs to be put on that back foot.

Godfather on