As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Champions Online - Zero trans fat hero spread

• GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Akinos wrote: »

Hey, we were waiting for it to be finished before posting it.

Where'd you get it from anyways? The only link is on the Millenia Ranger SECRET TREEHOUSE.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    You guys ought to go for more gimmick on your Joes super group and rock out with no passives. If you are playing as a unit then you can probably get by without them.
    Where'd you get it from anyways? The only link is on the Millenia Ranger SECRET TREEHOUSE.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Millenia+Rangers&search_type=&aq=f

Public link is public.

Unrelated:
    Greetings, Heroes!

There has been an outcry for a change in retcon pricing, so I wanted to take a few minutes to express why we specifically haven’t reduced the costs. In a nutshell, it all comes down to the economy.

We’ve been analyzing the overall economy of the game. The huge challenge here is that we’ve only been up for 17 days and we needed a reasonable amount of time to pull post-launch, Live Shard data on global resource flow. This then means we have to work with ratios of these numbers and address the relationship of those economic ratios between synergistic and disparate systems. As with any economic model, it’s far more complex than you would first imagine. So, during the past couple of weeks we’ve been working on tuning the entire economy of the game, but we haven’t pushed any changes into the live environment.

Why didn’t we just drop the price of retcon while we figured this out? The concern was that we’d then have to change the pricing back upward after the economy changes were made, and this would only make players mad. So we’ve worked hard and fast and now have solid data and solutions to present.

The concerns that we simply weren’t giving out enough resources to meet the requirements of certain areas of the game were confirmed. We’re attacking this on multiple fronts and are pushing a new economy model to internal QA test tonight and (if all goes well) onto our Public Test Shard this weekend.

So, what’s changing?

We’re increasing the number of white upgrade drops in the world by a substantial amount – close to double of what you’re seeing now. We’re also flattening out the curve on resources gained for selling upgrades to stores, meaning that you’ll get a lot more for white primaries, a little less at the highest end (blues and purples). This equates to distributing about the same overall potential resources while skewing gains to the lower end. We had originally considered just simply increasing the amount of resources you earned from selling all items to “fix” the economy. However, this would have broken crafting – hence the shifting of primary and secondary upgrade values that maintain a net balance of total resources you have coming in from selling upgrades.

We’re also increasing the amount of resources you get for defeating all enemies. This means not only will you naturally get more for doing missions, but you’ll also get more by helping others on their missions or by sweeping the streets. We’re also increasing the resources you get for mission rewards specifically.

The retcon pricing curve is going to be much gentler so that players can undo more decisions at any time. It’s important to note that although we’re tuning the overall costing model of retcon during this phase, a substantial retcon will still have a high price. The heroic, thematic nature of the game doesn't support letting players constantly change their fundamental character concept. But at the same time we want to make it possible for them to completely retcon their character if it’s their goal.

These economy changes will greatly improve the ability for players to retcon their characters, as well as address some longer-term issues we saw on the horizon.

Finally, we’ll be issuing a free retcon for all heroes when the economy changes go Live since it will take a little time for the effects of the new economy to allow players to build up a retcon bankroll.

Remember, we’re pushing the economy change to the Public Test Realm this weekend, so sign up and help us test!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll ever fix my framerate.
    I like this game. I want to play this game. But if it refuses to run above 25 fps I'm not going to resub when my 30 days is up.

I bought a new card. Once I get the correct power cable for it (so I can install it) perhaps that will fix it. I hope. Or I will cry.

I have a 512 mb 9600GT. I know it's not exactly a top of the range card, but shit, it should be able to get more than 25 fps. :/

Rizzi on
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So. I am really interested to see how the economy changes pan out.

And freetcon. Yes. Thank you so much. <3

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Note to self: Check the CO forums before re-rolling a character.

Other note to self: I cannot play a support character for shit. Please ignore the Sorcery framework forever ever.

Lawndart on
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    After i spend 100G on a partial respec to go back 8 steps they decide the economy is out of whack. Not to mention the 30g i spent on the bait and switch that was the unity power armor plans. Why the heck do vendors show one item, but when you buy them the stats are worse?

Detharin on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    there truly is no time wouldn't complain about something

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Akinos wrote: »

Hey, we were waiting for it to be finished before posting it.

Someone sent it to me. And now it is all over teh Facebooks!

But hey when it is finished I will spread the good word.

Akinos on
    edited September 2009
    After way too much work I finished my guy.

detcord.jpg

He'll be an explosives/demolitions expert. "Wizard" doesn't feel appropriate, so I figured he needed a different name. Potential candidates so far are:

Det-Cord (Detcord?)
    Danger Close
    Back Blast
    Blast-wave
    Broadside

Here is the planned build to 20, I dunno how well it'll do.
    Explosives Dude: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
    Level 5: Super Dexterity
    Level 13: Super Ego

Powers:
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Submachinegun Burst
    Level 5: Killer Instinct
    Level 5: Swinging?
    Level 8: Regeneration
    Level 11: Mini Mines
    Level 14: Force Shield or Energy Shield
    Level 17: Rocket
    Level 20: Frag Grenade or Micro-Munitions

Talents:
    Level 1: Quick Trigger
    Level 6: Agile
    Level 9: Martial Training
    Level 12: Indomitable
    Level 15: Jack Of All Trades
    Level 18: Field Ops Training
    Level 21: Shooter

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tremor wrote: »
    If we're gonna make a P.A.Joe, what the hell is Wizard going to be like? Not an actual magic user, that wouldn't really fit the style. And I already have a munitions guy... Hmmm

I have like 3 Munitions users. This one will atleast get to use the heavy weapons thematically. Speaking of which, having a Browning for my gatlin gun is so awesome.

True.dat

wusoldjr on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

He'll be an explosives/demolitions expert. "Wizard" doesn't feel appropriate, so I figured he needed a different name. Potential candidates so far are:

Det-Cord (Detcord?)
    Danger Close
    Back Blast
    Blast-wave
    Broadside

When naming a GI Joe knockoff, the correct name is always the one with the most potential for latent homosexuality.

Therefore, Back Blast.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Free retcon for all players when resource changes go live is very cool. Better fill my slots!

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dr. Face wrote: »
    Free retcon for all players when resource changes go live is very cool. Better fill my slots!

That's what she said!

wusoldjr on
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Det-Cord (Detcord?)
    Danger Close
    Back Blast
    Blast-wave
    Broadside

When naming a GI Joe knockoff, the correct name is always the one with the most potential for latent homosexuality.

Therefore, Back Blast.

As a bonus, it can also refer to chronic flatulence.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yes, this is a screenshot of a Cyborg chainsawing a Zombie MJ.
    screenshot2009091806441.jpg

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • SongbearerSongbearer Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Hello people! I see you have found my work on the Millenia Rangers video! Clearly I underestimated the superheroic resourcefulness that some of you have. That or Youtubes' search function.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I'm hoping that the end result will be something really special.

Providing the end result isn't a horrible trainwreck resulting in me having a breakdown and hiding under a rock for a few weeks while gibbering 'Xanadu isn't a colour!' over and over again, I might be interested in doing a P.A Joe movie if you're all running with that gig. Maybe there could be a Ultra Fighting Team Millenia Ranger/P.A Joe crossover! THINK OF THE RATINGS!

Anyway, yeah, thanks for taking an interest. If you enjoyed what you saw, keep your eyes peeled this weekend for the finished version. In the meantime, any comments or criticism is very much appreciated.

Songbearer on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Songbearer wrote: »
    In the meantime, any comments or criticism is very much appreciated.

I think it all moves very fast. By the time my brain has processed what it is I am seeing, it has moved on to the next clip.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Songbearer wrote: »
    Hello people! I see you have found my work on the Millenia Rangers video! Clearly I underestimated the superheroic resourcefulness that some of you have. That or Youtubes' search function.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I'm hoping that the end result will be something really special.

Providing the end result isn't a horrible trainwreck resulting in me having a breakdown and hiding under a rock for a few weeks while gibbering 'Xanadu isn't a colour!' over and over again, I might be interested in doing a P.A Joe movie if you're all running with that gig. Maybe there could be a Ultra Fighting Team Millenia Ranger/P.A Joe crossover! THINK OF THE RATINGS!

Anyway, yeah, thanks for taking an interest. If you enjoyed what you saw, keep your eyes peeled this weekend for the finished version. In the meantime, any comments or criticism is very much appreciated.

Valve couldn't hide Meet the Spy, what made you think you could hide this?

As for PA Joe... hmm... I wonder if one of the characters I have now would work for this...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2009
    Time for a new OP.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yes where is the new thread?

IvanIssacs on
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This thread moves so fast

Shawnasee on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Someone stop playing with the Thread Creator and make a thread please!

Akinos, you're up!

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think the fast pace is appropriate for the style it's trying to emulate. :^: The whole Millenia thing is inspiring.

P.A. Joe was a blast last night, we pulled an entire Viper base at once and liberated Canada from the clutches of Cobra.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • RigellRigell Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I just found out you can send a SG invite to offline people, even your own alt. When they log in, the invite will pop up.

You can invite your own alts :D

Rigell on
    Skobes.png
    edited September 2009
    Rigell wrote: »
    So I just found out you can send a SG invite to offline people, even your own alt. When they log in, the invite will pop up.

You can invite your own alts :D

Yes, I think I posted that here in the thread some time ago...

Edit: Page 14.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Therefore, Back Blast.

Assuming I'm not too late for the PA Joe party, I'm now torn between making a subterranean combat expert named "Down Low" and a combat resupply expert named "Lunchbox".

Lawndart on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So what's the next thread's title going to be?

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2009
    Don't (chat) with Regen?

Shawnasee on
  • failedninjafailedninja Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Foefaller wrote: »

imo:
    Champions Online - Men in Tights (and Women in Bikinis)

failedninja on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

imo:
    Champions Online - Men in Tights (and Women in Cat Suits)

Fixed.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Give men more thigh high options.

IvanIssacs on
  • stormcstormc Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ugh Did something go wrong somewhere? My patcher is patching a 73mb patch like at a speed when its open beta..

stormc on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
    <3, Echo
    edited September 2009
    I wake up early this morning to try and get some Champions time in...server down.

Bastids!

Ok, I'll hop onto CoH and farm some demons...server down.

Fuck you!

Shawnasee on
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It seems like the past few mornings that the server has gone down slightly later and late. It would certainly be interesting if this was their plan and that downtime would slowly cycle around the clock. It would definitely be an answer to it always being down when some people play. Though, having to plan not to play for a few days due to downtime would suck.

KurnDerak on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If no one has made a new thread by this evening, I'll try to put one together.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    edited September 2009
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    It seems like the past few mornings that the server has gone down slightly later and late. It would certainly be interesting if this was their plan and that downtime would slowly cycle around the clock. It would definitely be an answer to it always being down when some people play. Though, having to plan not to play for a few days due to downtime would suck.

I wouldn't have a problem with them cycling downtime among the two or three least populated blocks of time on the server, but I don't think they have announced any plans to do that. They did post that they were moving the downtime to better accommodate overseas payers, but I am not sure how well received that is yet.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Having spent too much time at work looking through the Joe archives and still giggling from the name, I hereby claim Snow Job as my Joe.

Bitstream on
    edited September 2009
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Having spent too much time at work looking through the Joe archives and still giggling from the name, I hereby claim Snow Job as my Joe.

*cough*
    Ice Job, reporting for duty in PA Joes
    1zuiwg.jpg
    Gonna mix Munitions and Ice, but will probably pick up Regeneration for soloing.

GalagaGalaxian on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

imo:
    Champions Online - Men in Tights (and Furries, oh god the furries)

Fixed.

Double fixed

override367 on
  • DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Got a couple of ideas for a GI Joe knockoff.

Jury Rigg (apparently "rig" is a banned word...) Munitions/Gadgeteer
    Costume_Itsafish_JuryRig_CC_Comic_P.jpg

Hot Fix Fire/Gadgeteer
    Costume_Itsafish_HotFix_CC_Comic_Pa.jpg

Defenestrator on