As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Transform And Roll Out!

• SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm going to beat you like a naughty puppy now.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote: »
    You actually watched that?

I saw "Mark Twain helps the Autobots" and realized it was total crap.

Jesus, you fuckers will watch anything as long as they put a Transformer in it.

"I saw this great Transformer movie where a guy takes a shit and Optimus Prime was right in the middle of the turd! It was fucking great!"

Wait...Mark Twain? That retarded bullshit actually exists?
    Its as if the guy was writing some cool transformers story and he got hit in the head with a golf ball.

"Yeah, sweet and then Bumblebee will go down to the fortress gates where he'll run into the on and only *bonk* MARK TWAIN!!!!"

Captain Cthulhu on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

"I saw this great Transformer movie where a guy takes a shit and Optimus Prime was right in the middle of the turd! It was fucking great!"

Its as if the guy was writing some cool transformers story and he got hit in the head with a golf ball.

"Yeah, sweet and then Bumblebee will go down to the fortress gates where he'll run into the on and only *bonk* MARK TWAIN!!!!"

"Watched that"? No. You don't watch a comic book.

It has some bitchin concept art, even if the story is semi-retarded. Jules Vern is in it for a bit too. It's kind of like an American version of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen plus Transformers. Most all of the focus is on the robots though, so it's alright.

EDIT: here is an article on it. It has one thing wrong though, the Transformers aren't native to Earth in the storyline, as they reference Cybertron a lot. The story otherwise is roughly accurate.

TankHammer on
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

It has some bitchin concept art, even if the story is semi-retarded. Jules Vern is in it for a bit too. It's kind of like an American version of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen plus Transformers. Most all of the focus is on the robots though, so it's alright.

Watched it, read it, rubbed it on your ass, who cares?

The fact that you actually did anything with it except burn it in effigy is astounding in itself.

I still stand by my turd reference.

Pkmoutl on
    edited March 2007
    "WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES WITH MAPLE SYRUP!"

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited March 2007
    *bonk*

AND MARK TWAIN!!!

Pkmoutl on
    edited March 2007
    I'll admit I gave myself a good laugh with that one.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    FRIEND FIND LOOK BEHIND

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
    edited March 2007
    You're right, they shouldn't have used a historical character. A kid in a wheelchair would have been better.

TankHammer on
    edited March 2007

Yeah, I actually laughed out loud at that.

I guess you could say I lolled.

Jesus, I have to get away from this interweb fuck thing.

Pkmoutl on
    edited March 2007

Yeah, I actually laughed out loud at that.

I guess you could say I lolled.

Jesus, I have to get away from this interweb fuck thing.

I'm about to retire. My work night is just about over until a new one begins in 12 hours. So until then, fellas.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just relax, and let the inanity wash over you like a bath of warm piss.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yeah, they look ok with 19th-Century alterations.

Bumblebee2.jpg
    Decepticon_planes-hos.jpg

Owenashi on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ..... It has one thing wrong though, the Transformers aren't native to Earth in the storyline, as they reference Cybertron a lot. The story otherwise is roughly accurate.

Wait, are you saying that there are storylines where the Transformers are native to Earth?

Seg on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    He means the article he linked said they were from Earth.

Whippy on
  • AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    We got Decepticons at the gates Decepticons in the air Decepticons inside the walls Decepticons Decepticons Decepticons. If we beat them off the walls they're sill in the air if we shoot them out of the air they're still at the gates so where does that leave us? Nowhere that's where.

blurtoon.jpg

Aurin on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    blas2.jpg

Look out and shout, ow!

I still have much love for Starscream and Soundwave, even though the former gets utterly decimated. At least once.

I've never seen the newer serieses, but it sounds like I probably should.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2007
    Seg wrote: »
    ..... It has one thing wrong though, the Transformers aren't native to Earth in the storyline, as they reference Cybertron a lot. The story otherwise is roughly accurate.

Wait, are you saying that there are storylines where the Transformers are native to Earth?

No, I'm correcting the article I linked to.
    Thanks Whippy.

TankHammer on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    blas2.jpg

Look out and shout, ow!

I still have much love for Starscream and Soundwave, even though the former gets utterly decimated. At least once.

I've never seen the newer serieses, but it sounds like I probably should.

Which kind of series? Comics or TV? If TV, then yeah. Especially if you haven't watched Beast Wars (which has Starscream guest-starring for an episode). Not sure if you'll dig the Unicron-Trilogy, but they're ok as long as you don't get too picky over the minute details or the humans on the shows.

If you mean comics, I suppose they're cool but I've been cut off from my regular comic fix for quite a while so I can't honestlly give my opinion on them. At least IDW was smart enough to get Simon Furman to keep writing TF stories for them after Dreamwave tanked. His next big story will be the July release of the Transformers: Spotlight specials, which are one-shots focusing on a character from G1. Here's the cover for it to clue you in on who it's about (thought it's not quite the same 'who' G1 fans know).

galvatroncover_colors_FINAL.jpg

Owenashi on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Mostly the new serieses... none of them ever seemed interesting to me. I've never touched the comics, except for one a VERY long time ago that showed a creepy Optimus on the cover with the lettering:
    This is NOT your father's autobot.

This was like ten years ago.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2007
    Do you know why I don't read the comics? I can never fucking tell what's going on in them. Seriously, look at that shit. It's too busy, and every single page of every single issue is like that.

Whippy on
    edited March 2007
    Do you know why I don't read the comics? I can never fucking tell what's going on in them. Seriously, look at that shit. It's too busy, and every single page of every single issue is like that.

It looks like an artistic wank off.

Aurin on
    edited March 2007
    if by that you mean someone came dark purple all over the page then yes

Whippy on
    edited March 2007
    if by that you mean someone came dark purple all over the page then yes

That and the fact that it seems Galvatron has become a badass, Starscream shooting, some of those shark-things...

Yeah your description is better.

Aurin on
    edited March 2007
    Is that Galvatron? I couldn't even tell. The only one I recognized was Starscream, and that's only because his back is a color other than grape kool-aid

Whippy on
    edited March 2007
    I think I see a Sweep off to the right of Starscream, and some poor sap that looks like a young Cup getting decapitated above that.

And that's a Quintesson limb just under the Sweep. Wow, this could be a contest.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2007
    Yup, that's Galvatron. Don't understand the mace and firesword thing he's got going on there though. Lower right hand corner looks to be those shark dudes from the movie as well. (I didn't get to watch the cartoon series much, so don't know where else they were, seen the old movie a bunch. :) )

And even a little shark dude right above Starscream's lasers.

Edit: Is that a swoop over in the right corner? Hard to tell, he's so squiggly.

Aurin on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SCORP.jpg

DrIanMalcolm on
    edited March 2007
    I keep having this sinking feeling that the Transformers movie is going to suck hard. :( I hold to the ideal that I'm only going to see it to see Bumblebee as a sexy Camaro.

Aurin on
    edited March 2007
    I will be impressed if they manage to churn out some working toys based on the movie models.

TankHammer on
    edited March 2007
    I just want my working version of Megatron as a fondu pot

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    I just want Soundwave and Starscream portrayed halfway accurately. The rest, they can go nuts.

I have to say though, the mental image of Decepticons laying waste to humans Starship Troopers style sounds pretty awesome.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2007
    I bet Soundwave will be an iPod and Starscream will be one of those V-22 Osprey aircraft. He'll just crash so much it will be bound to kill somebody.

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    Soundwave should be an iPod stereo if anything, and Rumble, Ravage, etc. can be the iPods.

That's all ridiculous though. Soundwave's too large to be anything but a massive speaker system if the filmmakers' obsession with scale's to be believed.
    (Megatron can't be a gun, etc.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Mega.jpg

DrIanMalcolm on
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Soundwave should be an iPod stereo if anything, and Rumble, Ravage, etc. can be the iPods.

That's all ridiculous though. Soundwave's too large to be anything but a massive speaker system if the filmmakers' obsession with scale's to be believed.
    (Megatron can't be a gun, etc.)

Soundwave will only be able to hang out at concerts

kolona.jpg

Hunter on
    edited March 2007
    Mega.jpg

Why does that immediately make me think of The Lost World.

Does it eat a dog?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Mega.jpg

I love how she appears to have an over-sized My Little Pony, essentially THE girl's toy around the same time as Transformer's rise fo fame.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
    edited March 2007
    you know, I think that might be the point

Whippy on