As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXTrain for East Coasters?

2»

• Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm a two time veteran of the west coast PAX Train and I really don't think I could do 3 nights in a row on a train.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    Torgen wrote: »
    Jesus christ, a train trip from LA to boston?

It takes a day and a half to get to Seattle!

How long does it take to drive to Seattle from the eastern seaboard? And people do it anyway, and they can't even play Rock Band on the road.

A very good point, although I'm fully confident that someone in the CCST could get a Rock Band setup going in a moving car.

LA to Boston takes 70+ hours.

We could have had a rock band setup in the awesome van this year, but we didn't think of it. Instead we just played Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and a few other basic games.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TorgenTorgen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    70+ Hours?! That's the time it takes to get to China and BACK... Man we need some Bullet Trains.

But 18 hours isn't long enough for a party, and the bullet trains don't have Rock Band space.

Torgen on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Arco wrote: »
    Torgen wrote: »
    Jesus christ, a train trip from LA to boston?

It takes a day and a half to get to Seattle!

How long does it take to drive to Seattle from the eastern seaboard? And people do it anyway, and they can't even play Rock Band on the road.

A very good point, although I'm fully confident that someone in the CCST could get a Rock Band setup going in a moving car.

LA to Boston takes 70+ hours.

We could have had a rock band setup in the awesome van this year, but we didn't think of it. Instead we just played Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and a few other basic games.

Rockband in a roomy vand going up n' down hills and bouncing around over ditches and potholes? Sounds like a mix of Rock Band and "Don't Rock the Boat"

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just make sure no fail mode is on.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ive been talking to my friends and i think we are gonna do the train this year but it looks like it's a little harder to coordinate. I think we are planning to leave either the 25 or 26 of march from Newport News, VA the train trip takes about 15hrs nonstop. leaving either 29th at 940pm or 30th.

xibalba on
  • brainsmithbrainsmith Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am interested in this. I live in Birmingham, AL but will hopefully be moving sometime before the end of the year to the Orlando, FL area.

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.