As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

1789101113»

• DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It was only an hour into PAX and I was in the middle of doing one of the WoTC Challenge things on the sixth floor and some dude just walks up and assassinates me.

So I didn't do much assassining this year, did great last year though so karma I guess!

Draknodred on
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    I had a great time this year. My death was good even though early. I saw a guy and we were checking out the badges as we passed. I was not his target and he not mine but the look in his eye told me something. I looked back and he was talking to another assassin. I knew what was up. I could have escaped but it would have required some knocking over of carts and some serious free running through the expo hall. I didn't wanna get banned from PAX on the first day and speed walking just wasn't enough.

Ha ha! It was me who caught you, and my dad who saw you! Thanks for being a good sport, and our D&D game afterwards was a blast, even if you almost died in the first couple of rounds.

I was eliminated while watching the Beatles Rock Band stage. One guy just ran up and got me. My dad was lucky that the guy who ran up was his target, because I had my dad as a target. It was all in good fun though.

Brex123 on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is it just me, or does it seem like there were very few people displaying their badges? I think all told I probably saw 20-30 badges all weekend, out of a supposed 100.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does it seem like there were very few people displaying their badges? I think all told I probably saw 20-30 badges all weekend, out of a supposed 100.

to be honest, I wasn't wearing mine after I got killed on Saturday (Friday?). The "one size fits all" armband was cutting off circulation in my arm any time I raised it past waist level.

tr0tsky on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ya i only wore mine while in the convention do to similar circulation issues. Some of us with larger biceps could have used a larger size. All in all though i played fair.

Singollo on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In haze of the post Tri-Wizard tourny and my rush to make it to the Omegathon stuff I forgot to bring my badge in the morning. When I got there I discovered that my target was my +1, Nakki. After the first round I went back for my badge and came up with a dastardly plan to kill her when we met up later on for round 2.

Sadly, it wasn't meant to be, I was killed a few hours later while checking out the line for Wil Wheaton's signing. When I was walking over to the wall to flip my badge around a second assassin came over and tried to kill me again. I wore the badge for most of the rest of the day but stopped after a trip to my room to drop off my swag.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was killed 5 minutes after putting on the badge, before entering the convention center for the first time. I mean, damn!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I took the strap out of the buckle and used it as a stopper instead and that gave you an extra inch or two. They were way smaller than he expected. I do know that.

sum10fishy on
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ATTENTION GUY WHO ASSASSINATED ME! (ME BEING THE PINK SQUARISH SHAPE)

I gave you the wrong death card. PM me so that we can swap numbers.

Brex123 on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    pink square with notch in corner was my target never found you though and sounds like someone killed you before i found you
    Brex123 wrote: »
    ATTENTION GUY WHO ASSASSINATED ME! (ME BEING THE PINK SQUARISH SHAPE)

I gave you the wrong death card. PM me so that we can swap numbers.

Singollo on
    edited September 2009
    So, are all the counts in? Who won?

sum10fishy on
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    So, are all the counts in? Who won?

I will enter my stuff either tomorrow or monday...I have been working mega hours since I got back from pax cuz at my job another manager quit while I was at PAX...I am not off again til wednesday but I will try to get it done before that....I do believe I had 3 kills and several intel...not sure til I dig it out...sorry for the delay everyone...at least I didnt get sick!!!

Rayman on
    edited September 2009
    nevermind...just saw that it ended on the 6th..checking the leaderboard, I would have only been 4th, so not too upset that I didnt get to register my kills....this year just seemed like after the first day nobody had the badges...and they cut off the circulation...
    r

Rayman on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can still register. We normally keep the score registration up about a week, will probably extends that with so many cases of PAXSARS.

MarsChelios on
    edited September 2009
    ..ok then, I will register...I just happen to be at work again til midnight so if I am not completely dead I will do it tonight.

Rayman on
    edited September 2009
    Going to close down score registration this weekend and announce a winner. dietcokeoo is pretty far in the lead with 71 points, fijiboy is second with 60 and punkjr third with 56.

Thanks for making this our best and biggest game so far guys, I was completely blown away by the turnout, and I hope you all had a lot of fun! I'd like to get some feedback from you guys about how you felt the game went. Comments, criticism, etc. are all welcome as long as its constructive.

I'll go ahead and talk about what I think will be the main complaint: the armband holders. The armband holders were too small for some people, we knew that might be the case shortly after getting them. I did get some larger ones that one or two people came and picked up and thanks to LuneOwl for graciously making some extenders.

This will be fixed for the PAX East game and on; We'll be adding the option to pick which sized armband you want when you order. We're also throwing around the idea of not requiring you to buy a holder everytime but we're still working out how that would work logistically.

MarsChelios on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sounds interesting, I might be in for PAX East

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited September 2009
    PAX East Assassins. We all dress like Card Board Tube Ronin.

sum10fishy on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Suggestions:

1) Having people turn their armbands upside down after they're dead is not a good thing. It's impossible to tell what's right-side-up from a distance, because the only indicators are the small diamonds on the top and left of the symbol, and the extreme fine print below the symbol. I really dig the gathering intel part, so I think the thing to do would be to have the intel code in large print on the back of the card. No symbol. If you're dead, flip it over to the intel side and let people gather their intel. This would be a clear indicator that you're dead. Or something similar, but it can't just be "flip your armband over." No one can tell whether you're dead or alive from a distance.

2) People need to wear their armbands. I don't exactly know what the problem was this year; I know several people didn't get their armbands in the mail, and couldn't/wouldn't collect them during PAX for one reason or another. I know other people just took them off after they were dead, or didn't wear them at all. This sucks. All told throughout the expo I maybe saw a dozen armbands, out of 100 orders. It was a major bummer.

3) Armbands are good, but the holders sucked. This is already known and being worked on, so no big deal.

4) The website is pretty buggy still. It drops you into Wordpress at various points throughout the registration/login process, which is weird. At some point I figured out how to comment on blog posts, but I couldn't replicate the process ever again. So if the kinks in the website were ironed out before East, that would be a big help.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yeah my left arm with the armband was slightly numb throughout all of pax because of the tight armband. oh well. good times.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited September 2009
    Scoring is down, and the winner of this years game is dietcokeoo with an impressive 71 points! I'll be getting in touch with you shortly to send you your prize, a Chrome Messenger Bag!

We're going to be making some changes to the site between now and PAX East, based on your suggestions and our own observations, but we need all the input we can get so let us know what you like/didnt like about this years game, and any ideas on how to improve upon it for upcoming games.

Thanks again to everyone who played, and making this our biggest Assassins game to date!

MarsChelios on
    edited September 2009
    Scoring is down, and the winner of this years game is dietcokeoo with an impressive 71 points! I'll be getting in touch with you shortly to send you your prize, a Chrome Messenger Bag!

We're going to be making some changes to the site between now and PAX East, based on your suggestions and our own observations, but we need all the input we can get so let us know what you like/didnt like about this years game, and any ideas on how to improve upon it for upcoming games.

Thanks again to everyone who played, and making this our biggest Assassins game to date!

Way to go dietcokeoo. Don't think I know who that is but good game!

Loved the bigger intel codes. Liked the armband better than the lanyard once I fixed the size but it was a bit annoying on the arm. Don't know how it could be improved though. What about a "pin" holder kind of like darkphibre's ... I think that was his name ... business card picture buttons? That would keep it out and be able to be displayed anywhere. IDK

sum10fishy on
This discussion has been closed.