UNOFFICIAL PRE-PAX 2009 DINNER!! **REFUND AVAILABLE**

12346»

• SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Astayonix wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    yeah the food was great. the wait was the horrible thing. one line cooknig food on the spot for that many people was crazy.

Actually, it wasn't. Skillet generally does this kind of service regularly in a short span of time. However, what's crazy is that they sent an inexperienced team to pull it off. They have many different crews, but I was really hoping Chef Josh (the head chef and owner) would have been there to lead the crew thru the dinner service. That's something I'll never understand about their service that night.

Yeah, I waited in line for over an hour and a half for a burger, and ended up getting lasagna (which wasn't very good) and then I was thirsty from standing for so long, that I bought that watermelon jalapeno thingy (which tasted worse and worse with each gulp).
    I was disappointed in the dinner, and I wish I could say hanging out with you guys was worth it, but I barely saw any of you, as I was waiting in line for so long.
    :(

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was disappointed in the dinner, and I wish I could say hanging out with you guys was worth it, but I barely saw any of you, as I was waiting in line for so long.
    :(

This. This is what killed it for me. Sure it was great talking to the 5 or 6 guys around me in line, but those are the only people I was able to talk to cause I was in line the entire time.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I actually didn't have a really bad experience. The wait wasn't terrible for me, I got what I ordered...the only bummer for me was not socializing quite as much as I would have liked...but that was a bit more of my problem than anybody elses.

I really appreciate all the work et and Astayonix put into getting this set up and then the follow up...excellent work. BTW: Astayonix, check your PMs when you get a chance.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ET and Astayonix, you tried your best and I think you did a great job despite situations that were unfortunately beyond your control! I had a blast personally, and hopefully most people did too! I'll miss the Pre-PAX Dinner, it will always have a fond place in my memories of PAX =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
This discussion has been closed.