As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hear me, A[chat]erasu!

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Also yay it seems I was able to get in the phalla!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I dunno Passer I think it's a not unreasonable sentiment. Girls are typically weaker and smaller than men, from a purely physical perspective. If I know my baby girl's spending a lot of time outdoors in a big city, I think I'd feel a little bit of extra assurance knowing that the person she's accompanied by can maybe secure her a little better than she could herself.

If he was really all that concerned with her, rather than gender roles, he'd have had her learn self-defense. :?

Unfair, perhaps, in this situation (given that I've never met this man), but I have had female friends who got into bad situations because their parents expected a big strong man to be there to defend them and so taught them nothing about survival beyond 'get a job / marry a financially stable guy'.

Honk - Well if you could teach me, rather than showing off... :P

Passerbye on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    best match ever

oh my fucking god

I think I came

Tav on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    He has taught her some self-defense. I dunno, I don't really want to get into an argument about gender bias (and I'm sure there is at least a little in this situation), but I think I can comfortably say I could take just about any girl in America in a fight, and I'm not a professionally trained fighter.

Organichu on
    edited September 2009
    I'm sub-par at teaching but I really like showing off!

Honk on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Any girl in America?

Literally any?

There has to be at least one outlier/professional fighter who could beat you.

Nerdgasmic on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There is a dog Irish dancing on my TV.

I am disturbed by this.

BobCesca on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    He has taught her some self-defense. I dunno, I don't really want to get into an argument about gender bias (and I'm sure there is at least a little in this situation), but I think I can comfortably say I could take just about any girl in America in a fight, and I'm not a professionally trained fighter.

I'm not trying to say that he hasn't (thus my commenting on how unfair it was towards him, I wasn't clear enough on that) nor am I trying to start an argument. Just saying that the idea that because women are physically weaker (in most cases) than men then they shouldn't be taught to defend themselves anyway is really annoying and unfair, which seems like something you agree with.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009
    Michelle Rodriguez could clearly beat us all senseless.

Honk on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Am I a bad person if I believe there should be libertarian reeducation camps?

Cinders on
    edited September 2009
    I would love to make their worst nightmare come true, Cinders.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited September 2009
    Cinders wrote: »

I'm not sure, would they be served pie?

Honk on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Honk wrote: »

Yes, but it would be pie made in federally owned bakeries.

Cinders on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Camps to reeducation Libertarians, or Libertarian camps to reeducate everyone else?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited September 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Camps to reeducation Libertarians, or Libertarian camps to reeducate everyone else?

The former.

Cinders on
    edited September 2009
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only one using my uplink now, and I measured the speed at:

Sending: 0.48 Mbit/s
    Receiving: 0.34 Mbit/s

And I have a 24Mbit uplink. This is clearly not okay.

Honk on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

The former.
    I can only support this idea if there is forced euthanasia for the patients that reject the reeducation.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Why isn't federation a part of the full name of USA like the French Republic, Russian Federation or Kingdom of Norway?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Because it's implied through the use of United States

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited September 2009
    Maybe so

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2009
    Still, I think you could have found a better name for it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I’d say ‘United States’ (or ‘The United States’) is the federation part.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited September 2009
    edited September 2009
    okay then why don't you have a proper short form of it, like France, Russia, or Norway

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2009
    Crap, tea isn't doing a good enough job of keeping me awake.

Quick shower time! Since I need to take one anyway.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    okay then why don't you have a proper short form of it, like France, Russia, or Norway
    Because people complain when we say ‘America’.

Edit: Also because we didn’t come up with the name 1000+ years ago based on tribal names.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only one using my uplink now, and I measured the speed at:

Are you sure the send/receive is Mb and not MB? A 24 Mb connection = about a 3 MB connection, so it could be conceivable with network congestion that you'd only be getting .48 MB and .34 MB.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited September 2009

Are you sure the send/receive is Mb and not MB? A 24 Mb connection = about a 3 MB connection, so it could be conceivable with network congestion that you'd only be getting .48 MB and .34 MB.

Yup, it was Mb, and I can definitely feel how it's much slower than it's ever been. I'll call my ISP tomorrow if it continues, as I haven't been able to fix it from my side.

Honk on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, that's nearly in 56k territory there.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    What's wrong with using an abbreviation as a short form?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2009
    I'm confused. Why can't U.S. or similar be used as the short form?

Nerdgasmic on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hm, what difficulty should I play full spectrum warrior on... sergeant, sergeant major or authentic.

What does that last one even mean?

Inquisitor on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Why do I have to enable scripts for yahooapis now to post? :?

TL DR on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yes, but it would be pie made in federally owned bakeries.

No no you see what we do is throw them in the camp, police the perimeter but otherwise enforce no rules. The ones who survive can be considered "re-educated" because if you come out of that enactment of Lord of the Flies still believing in libertarianism then there's no helping you.

electricitylikesme on
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, that's nearly in 56k territory there.

It's kind of really annoying, I'm trying to browse through the AC to look at pretty drawings and it's almost like slow motion. :/

Honk on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FCC to propose 'Net neutrality' rules
    The head of the FCC plans to propose new rules that would prohibit Internet service providers from interfering with the free flow of information and certain applications over their networks, an official at the agency said Saturday.

Guys, it's been almost a year and I'm still not used to being anything but furious with my government. This is all so crazy.

TL DR on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And how do you feel about Canada? We just call ourselves "Canada", not the "Constitutional-Monarchic Federation of the Dominion of Canada". Sometimes not including your form of government in your nation's name is more convenient.

EDIT:
    Actually, make that the "Constitutional-Monarchic Democratic-Westminster-Parliamentary Confederation of the Dominion of Canada".

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FU WINDOWS 7

doesn't give me rights to do anything on my own computer

nexuscrawler on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Apparently authentic difficulty means no save points and they drop most of the HUD.

Inquisitor on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What is a rhetorically efficient and/or easily cite-able means of showing that slavery, as practiced in America, was racist?

EDIT: I'll throw this in H/A too.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.