As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hear me, A[chat]erasu!

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Time to watch Goldfinger. :D

BobCesca on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Squeaky clean!

I just hope my hair dries in time before I wrap it up.

Passerbye on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What is a rhetorically efficient and/or easily cite-able means of showing that slavery, as practiced in America, was racist?

Dig p some of the biblical quotes people used to use to say slavery was a good method of convertign the savages

nexuscrawler on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What is a rhetorically efficient and/or easily cite-able means of showing that slavery, as practiced in America, was racist?

EDIT: I'll throw this in H/A too.
    Isn't the fact that black people were slaves for life while white people were endured servants who got their freedom and a plot of land after 10 years proof enough? The CSA's constitution calling blacks inferior to whites, and the ensuring Civil War the South fought to keep blacks slaves. The KKK that started in the South after it lost the Civil War with the explicit purpose of keep blacks down? Segregation? 3/5th of a person? Supreme Court ruling that a black man really was property of a white man?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FU WINDOWS 7

doesn't give me rights to do anything on my own computer

Disable UAC?

TL DR on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FU WINDOWS 7

Disable UAC?

whats that

nexuscrawler on
    edited September 2009
    There is a cold finger beckoning me into his web of sin, but apparently I shouldn't go in.

BobCesca on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Richy wrote: »

Isn't the fact that black people were slaves for life while white people were endured servants who got their freedom and a plot of land after 10 years proof enough? The CSA's constitution calling blacks inferior to whites, and the ensuring Civil War the South fought to keep blacks slaves. The KKK that started in the South after it lost the Civil War with the explicit purpose of keep blacks down? Segregation? 3/5th of a person? Supreme Court ruling that a black man really was property of a white man?
    I still find it funny that the KKK's original intentions were to drive out Republicans and put Democrats back into power in the south.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

No. I'm looking for popular arguments and official documents. The CSA's constitution doesn't, I think, call blacks inferior to whites, it just mentions slavery.

Actually, specifically, I'm looking for popular arguments and official documents showing that The South considered blacks to be subhuman.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FU WINDOWS 7

Disable UAC?

whats that

That thing where your screen turns gray and it asks "are you sure you want to do that thing you just tried to do?"

Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center: Change User Account Control Settings

TL DR on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    what a chupacabra looks like depends on the amount of tequila consumed

450px-Astrid_com_orelhonas.jpg

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's a cool looking cat. Maine Coon?

Passerbye on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    IMG_3013.jpg
    cat eyes are weird

Elendil on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They have a reflective membrane behind their retina, that bounces light back through it, increasing their sensitivity to light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapetum_lucidum

japan on
    edited September 2009
    Bond science is lying to me!

Looks really cool, though.

BobCesca on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I still find it funny that the KKK's original intentions were to drive out Republicans and put Democrats back into power in the south.
    Because the parties have since reversed roles.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited September 2009
    All the tea and vitamin B-12 did was give me heartburn and wake my body up.

I need something to sharpen my mind, dammit.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009
    crème róle

stilist on
    edited September 2009
    I swear to god if I don't get help with this I'mma throw up a devil's advocate thread in D&D.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited September 2009
    I swear to god if I don't get help with this I'mma throw up a devil's advocate thread in D&D.
    Why are you so concerned with it recently? Paper due?

stilist on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

No. I'm looking for popular arguments and official documents. The CSA's constitution doesn't, I think, call blacks inferior to whites, it just mentions slavery.

Actually, specifically, I'm looking for popular arguments and official documents showing that The South considered blacks to be subhuman.

Well it doesn't just mention slavery, it explicitly mentions negro slavery. From the Confederate constitution:
    Sec. 9. (I) The importation of negroes of the African race from any foreign country other than the slaveholding States or Territories of the United States of America, is hereby forbidden; and Congress is required to pass such laws as shall effectually prevent the same.
    ARTICLE IV
    Sec. 3.
    (3) The Confederate States may acquire new territory; and Congress shall have power to legislate and provide governments for the inhabitants of all territory belonging to the Confederate States, lying without the limits of the several Sates; and may permit them, at such times, and in such manner as it may by law provide, to form States to be admitted into the Confederacy. In all such territory the institution of negro slavery, as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected be Congress and by the Territorial government; and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories shall have the right to take to such Territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the States or Territories of the Confederate States.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2009
    Any suggestions?

Passerbye on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    This one time I posted naked

(I'm doing it right now)

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Why are you so concerned with it recently? Paper due?
    Xwalk assholes.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

Moar drugs!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm fairly sure this constitutes a terrorist threat.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

(I'm doing it right now)
    Pics, or it didn't happen.

Thanatos on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    Goldfinger you don't cheat at golf with Connery on your case. You're asking for it, tubbo.

Bogart on
    edited September 2009

(I'm doing it right now)

[strike]Pics or it didn't happen.[/strike]

Damn you, Thanatos.

Honk I don't do drugs.

That, and even if I did I don't have the money for them.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009
    Oddjob is the best henchman ever.

Bogart on
    edited September 2009
    Wiggin!

Someone created an alt in your name, page 1 Republican or Democrat thread!

Be angry!

Honk on
    edited September 2009
    Ooh. he's pissed off now.

BobCesca on
    edited September 2009
    I was just joking Passer, drugs are bad m'kay!

Honk on
    edited September 2009
    So was it character assassination, then?

stilist on
    edited September 2009
    I am sending japan to the shops so that I may have tea and biscuits.

I think the local has bourbons :D

BobCesca on
    edited September 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

(I'm doing it right now)
    Pics, or it didn't happen.

I am so nude

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

lsdblotterhofmann325625.jpg

TL DR on
    edited September 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    I was just joking Passer, drugs are bad m'kay!

I know. I'm just tired and wonked-yet-awake.

So, yeah. Don't mind if I post anything especially odd.

Or in French. Or Japanese.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    Wiggin!

Someone created an alt in your name, page 1 Republican or Democrat thread!

Be angry!

It's Obs trying to troll me

He registered one as ender wiggin last night and sent me a PM saying that "Oh man I'm gonna troll you now you should have accepted my apology"

And then I forwarded it to Elki and Will and got it banned

The best part is the one in the politics thread is actually the name I registered with (which is why he used it)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that any obvious alts with Ender's Game names are Obs

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I am sending japan to the shops so that I may have tea and biscuits.

I think the local has bourbons :D

I would kill for a good packet of biscuits right now, but the missus is away and I am taking the opportunity to sit around and stink. Outside means showering and dressing, and right now those things would intefere with my intricate plan to be lazier than my cats.

Bogart on
This discussion has been closed.