As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2009 Primetime Emmys - Neil. Patrick. Harris.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alyson Hannigan is in How I met your Mother? Maybe I should watch this show.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You're missing a lot of good television then!

You're also not even going to have a frame of reference for most of these shows that you're watching an award show for.

Just because I don't -watch- the shows doesn't mean I don't know -about- them.

And I'm watching for two reasons. To watch BSG get snubbed and to watch NPH, who is dreamy.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Alyson Hannigan is in How I met your Mother? Maybe I should watch this show.

It's the only standard multi-camera sitcom I'll watch. It's so good.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I would have been happy with any of the other five.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Family Guy has always been a horrible show, so I'm happy with it being in the Best Comedy nominations; now it's in a place where it will never, ever win.

It shouldnt be allowed to lose Best Comedy. It should have to settle for losing Best Cartoon, and consider itself lucky if it even gets a local Ace nomination for syndicated reruns.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is this an upset? The Jon Cryer one.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Athenor wrote: »

I would say so, yes.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Athenor wrote: »

It's old fuddy duddies who like safe bullshit. The internet has asploded with rage.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've never watched the Emmies; do they usually show clips from the shows that are nominated? I'm asking this because I saw that the "Animation Over One Hour" category only has two nominations, and that it would be hilarious for the show to feature a clip from Afro Samurai followed by a clip from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh, I watch award shows as a cathartic release, ever since I "seriously" followed them with the Lord of the Rings. I just enjoy yelling at the TV, I've learned.

Woah, when did basic cable channels start advertising on network TV?

Athenor on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    c'mon Breaking Bad.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ahaha. Justin Timberlake looks like a doooooork

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddddddddddd

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Okay, all bets are off now.

We're through the looking glass here, folks. White is black, and black is white.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What is this show, and it's a comedy?

Athenor on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tina Fey lost an award?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bahahahahahahaha.... oh NPH

Khavall on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So judging by the posts here I'm assuming that 30 Rock is being robbed.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, Khavall. That was ballsy of NPH, to say the least. Jon Cryer looked shocked.

NPH is gonna be a massive hit, but I somehow doubt he'll be back for another year.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Okay. Um. So they're letting these guys give acceptance speeches... why? I thought they gave them at the earlier awards?

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So judging by the posts here I'm assuming that 30 Rock is being robbed.

It won Best Writing in a Comedy Series. Lost on Best Supporting Actress, Best Actress and Best Supporting Actor.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It just lost for best directing in a comedy series. The Office won.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    To be fair, "Stress Relief" is a fantastic episode of The Office.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh, I have no doubt, I was just clarifying.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nice ad, wal-mart!

"Hey, let's cheat at Monopoly!"

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh wow, Vince Vaughn still exists.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yes, there is still some sanity in this evening. :D

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sam Seaborn is so great.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh great, a clip from years ago. What the hell.

It's also early in the evening for this violent a show.

Athenor on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh god I just turned this on and it starts with Family Guy and ugggg just awful

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is the Emmy crew just fucking with us this year or what?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wait...so they're going from genre to genre, but still saving all the big reveals for the end?

Hmm...I like it.

Also fuck Family Guy.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well, if comedy took an hour, this'll finish up around midnight my time. Hopefully reality will be really short.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh god reality TV why does this exist what are they doing why is this on my TV

Khavall on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone else hoping a dancer falls?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I like my share of reality TV (well...really, just old reruns of Top Chef and Project Runway) but I have no clue what it's doing at the Emmys.

But hey, Alec Baldwin and Kristin Chenoweth won, wooo.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That was not a very impressive dance number.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    Oh god reality TV why does this exist what are they doing why is this on my TV
    But where else can you get the most coveted award in a major artistic field simply for turning your womb into an overclocked Xerox?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I do like these really, really bottom of the barrel IMDB references.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm not nearly drunk enough for the reality TV portion

Khavall on