As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FORUM UPGRADE] Discuss

124»

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I guess I don't understand what purpose tags were supposed to fulfill to begin with. Were they supposed to augment thread searches?

Kreutz on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Now that all the other sidebar boxes on the profile have gone, does "Mini Statistics" still need to be there? It kinda looks off having one tiny box floating around and generally being redundant.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Now that all the other sidebar boxes on the profile have gone, does "Mini Statistics" still need to be there? It kinda looks off having one tiny box floating around and generally being redundant.
    Personally I am just excited that they work in chrome now, I would still like the ctrl I for italics to work though.

Blake T on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What are "Groups"? I have the option to join about 5 of them, all Ramius created. I assume they're dummy groups, but what would they do?

Delzhand on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited September 2009
    The ones that are out there created by me are a carry-over from pre-upgrade. Groups in the old system served a security context, and I moderated a forum game some time ago which needed teams to each have private access to their own forum.

In the new system, groups can have their own topics/threads stored within the group. So they become like a mini-subforum all to themselves. We haven't yet determined in what way we might use that feature on these boards.

Ramius on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So you could have a 360 group that contains threads for games on the 360, or a Let's Play group and things like that without actually having a subforum on the top level?

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yes. They would be threads hidden in the "groups" section of the forum, not really participating the ways normal threads do. I'm not even positive if they can be searched.

Ramius on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ramius wrote: »
    Yes. They would be threads hidden in the "groups" section of the forum, not really participating the ways normal threads do. I'm not even positive if they can be searched.

If you end up using it, integrating google site search with it might not be too hard.

MKR on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ramius wrote: »

I dunno. I can see how that could be a really cool thing, but the idea just sets of all sorts of warning bells in my head.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Instead of megathreads, megagroups.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If that actually does start getting used, I can see it rocking for Phallas.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What's with the prefixes and the searching of them?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    See the PAX forum for the prefixes in use. I didn't realize they would show up in the search like that, though.

Ramius on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    Prefixes would be nice for the MMO forum, but it might be a pain in the ass for mods to keep up with them for each new thread.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Perhaps they could be user generated! :P

jothki on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    The problem is that the mods clearly have the prefixes in PAX color-coded. At best, we'd have pre-generated prefixes so things are organized.

It'd be messy otherwise, and thus defeat the purpose of the prefixes.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Maybe it's just me, but even if they are helpful, all of the prefixes are a little hideous anyway. I don't know if it's the font or colours or what, but it just bugs me. :P

Is WYSIWYG mode gone forever? If so, that's...well, unfortunate. It was very helpful.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if it matters, but I'm still getting a button that says "vote now" rather than "post" when editing a post I have made (using Safari 4 on a mac).

It's not particularly a problem (though it was a bit off putting the first couple of times).

EDIT: I should of put this in the "bugs" one...I shall do that now.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Aha, I wasn't insane, and it's not just on chrome.

L|ama on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm on chrome, and yeah, same here. I've only had it a couple of times though.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png