As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo 3: ODST - Prepare To Drop (Out Tuesday)

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So for people who have firefight Is there any noticeable height difference between the characters? Because it's petty as hell, but if there is it's going to limit my character choice.

Leitner on
  • Chris RedfieldChris Redfield Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Leitner, we all know that I should be the tallest character, after all, it's set in the future.

Chris Redfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Looks like I'll be heading to Walmart at 6:50 tomorrow morning, fuck that's earlier then I get up for school.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Huh. Just a warning. As soon as the game starts you don't get an objective. In order to advance and get the location for the first clue, you need to kill all the patrols in the area it seems.

Don't spend half an hour stealthing around and wondering what the hell you need to do like I did.

Oh, and all the weapons seem balanced, or appropiatly tiered in terms of ammo etc. The only exception is the Spiker, with which compensation for lack of recoil is utterly piss poor damage. And keep in mind Silenced Weapons arn't actually silenced. Enermies know where you are from the first shot.

Blurbl on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How can people be irritated by the lack of Master Chief? It's called ODST. Folks may as well get irritated that Spider-man 2 didn't have enough Iron Man. I like the MC character well enough, but I also enjoy the Halo fiction. The MC is basically a one-man slaughterhouse on legs so there isn't much of a need for dialogue from him. Having squad-based setting like ODST allows for us to see the Halo universe from the eyes of a grunt who actually has relationships with people besides the top 10 VIPs in the galaxy.

Argh, I hate silenced weapons that aren't actually silenced. Don't call them "silenced" if enemies react like there's a giant glowing arrow over your head as soon as you start shooting.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm not gonna get around to TRU till tomorrow night around 8, hopefully they'll still have the figures in stock to give away. My friend and I played Halo 3 last night for the first time in a good while, ran through the campaign on legendary for probably the 10th time. I'm hoping ODST has that kind of re-playability.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Holy shit, people in Chattanooga? What is up with this, why have I never heard of this before.

Yo.

SniperGuy on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Halo Thread: HOLY CRAP PEOPLE IN MY CITY

FyreWulff on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Halo Thread: HOLY CRAP PEOPLE IN MY CITY

People? In my city?

It's more likely than you think.

Sheep on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yooooooooooooooo.

also is that TRU action figure thing first come first serve? I probably won't get there until relatively late but I'd like to get that thing for whatever reason.

troublebrewing on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yooooooooooooooo.

also is that TRU action figure thing first come first serve? I probably won't get there until relatively late but I'd like to get that thing for whatever reason.

Most likely. Dunno for sure though.

Mechanical on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm more astonished to find out that people live in Nebraska. I've been there and I still don't believe it.

I've driven through it and I could swear I was there for days, yet less than half a day passed in the outside world. To me and my brother, it's a curse word in the classical "call upon evil things" fashion.

Nebraaassskaaa...

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    man if there was even a TRU up here i'd be all over that
    but it is a mini figure right? i know my local comic shop has the mcfarlene ODSTs, which are probably better

Local H Jay on
    edited September 2009
    People live in Nebraska? o_O

Oh well, beats Oklahoma.

Mechanical on
    edited September 2009
    man if there was even a TRU up here i'd be all over that
    but it is a mini figure right? i know my local comic shop has the mcfarlene ODSTs, which are probably better

the flyer said it was a $12 value so that's one of the full size dealies right? It looked like a nice figure in the picture.

troublebrewing on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »
    People live in Nebraska? o_O

Oh well, beats Oklahoma.
    With a Kansas-shaped stick.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited September 2009
    Here's the product page, I gather...

Mechanical on
    edited September 2009
    I'm more astonished to find out that people live in Nebraska. I've been there and I still don't believe it.

I've driven through it and I could swear I was there for days, yet less than half a day passed in the outside world. To me and my brother, it's a curse word in the classical "call upon evil things" fashion.

Nebraaassskaaa...
    It takes a REALLY long time to drive the van through Nebraska.

FyreWulff on
  • Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Will this be available to download over Xbox Live?

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
    edited September 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Here's the product page, I gather...

nice! now to just hope this isn't one of those things they stock 10 of so they can advertise it and then not give you one when you get there 5 minutes after opening.

troublebrewing on
    edited September 2009
    Jedi_Boi wrote: »

ODST - Probably eventually.

The last 3 Mythic maps - so far no plans for a DLC release

FyreWulff on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Eventually as in a couple of years... Halo 3 isn't downloadable yet.

Ratsult2 on
  • Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm just interested in ODST. Not a HUGE halo fan, but I'd love to play the ODST campaign and some fire fight.

My deal is, I have credit/points on my xbox, but no money. That's why I was wondering.

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
    edited September 2009
    The rumor is that ODST by itself might (might) be available on Games on Demand later in the year.

FyreWulff on
  • SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm just interested in ODST. Not a HUGE halo fan, but I'd love to play the ODST campaign and some fire fight.

My deal is, I have credit/points on my xbox, but no money. That's why I was wondering.

I think the direct download 360 titles can only be purchased with credit cards and aren't buyable via Microsoft points.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
    edited September 2009
    Heretic's skybox has already been pan-cammed.

Spoilers if you want to see Heretic's skybox for yourself first in multiplayer

http://2900d4u.deviantart.com/art/Covenant-fleet-137772889

and Longshore pan-cam'd

http://2900d4u.deviantart.com/art/Longshore-137766863

FyreWulff on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Saiga wrote: »

I think the direct download 360 titles can only be purchased with credit cards and aren't buyable via Microsoft points.

You think wrong - you can toggle between the 2.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited September 2009
    The rumor is that ODST by itself might (might) be available on Games on Demand later in the year.

I thought Bungie squashed that rumor

Ratsult2 on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yo bitches, do Dutch and Romeo be towering?

Also, has anything been revealed about that ODST avatar suit we saw pics of a couple months back?

Leitner on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

It's not like we hid it on page fifty-doorknobs or something, it's on the first page! This is the usual system for information in a thread

I realize it wasn't hidden away. And, yes, it would have been simple to just scroll down on the first page. I was mostly just annoyed that he was a prick about it instead of just saying, "It's on the first page". No reason to act that way towards people who asking a simple question.

I do apologize for my ignorance, though. I just want to find some cool folks to play with and most everyone on the PA forums seems worth playing with.

I wouldn't have been so snippy if you hadn't started your questions off with flat out laziness.

"I don't feel like looking through a 90+ page thread [so someone work for me]..."

edit: had you said you're at work and constrained for time, then thats fine, I used to be in a similar situation.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    edited September 2009
    jclast wrote: »

Wow, I had no idea :lol: Thanks

Saiga on
    28je138.png
    edited September 2009
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

I thought Bungie squashed that rumor

The podcast said something like "they usually reserve that tech for platinum games but you might see ODST on there later on"

FyreWulff on
  • JWashkeJWashke Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    UPS just dropped off my copy, about to start the campaign but feel free to send me an invite if anyone wants to play firefight.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So wait. Toys R Us is giving a Rookie action figure AND a $20 gift card? I can definetly make it to the Oakview Toys R Us on a break from work tomorrow...

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited September 2009

Wow, I had no idea :lol: Thanks

To be fair it is set up pretty stupid. I think you have to go into purchase (with real money) and then hit Y on the purchase screen to see it in points and use what you already have on your account.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited September 2009
    Doing some meta-game right now, I'll be getting ODST at the midnight launch, so feel free to add my gamertag.

Also my signature change is almost completely because my last gamer card cut off the "e" at the end of Harlequinade.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If anyone wants to play Firefight I'm really itching to play you people.

Playing it solo is actually quite fun. The mobs are aggressive enough to keep you on your toes, unlike GoW.

GT: Blurbl.

Blurbl on
    edited September 2009
    Anybody who has this now, how many people can play offline firefight? I didn't see it on the first page so if it there, sorry I sucked at reading.
    Oh God please let the answer be 4.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited September 2009
    Anybody who has this now, how many people can play offline firefight? I didn't see it on the first page so if it there, sorry I sucked at reading.
    Oh God please let the answer be 4.
    2 players per console... you could do a system link with 4 total... :?

Ratsult2 on
  • LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    Yo bitches, do Dutch and Romeo be towering?

Also, has anything been revealed about that ODST avatar suit we saw pics of a couple months back?

I'm guessing look for it later on in the day on the 22nd, any time this week really

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.