As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

@MOTW 9-16-09 Check out this Villain! lolz <@:)

2»

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    DMAC wrote: »
    Is Frenchie still his pilot?

Nah it's one of the brothers that helped him when he first became Moon Knight, one of Gena's kids

Hell if I can ever remember his name though

He's been doing it since like the second arc of the last book though, Frenchie quit a while ago (after Marc's brother took his legs I think)

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tairu wrote: »
    Batman and Robin #4. The art may not be as good as Quitely's arc, but there are at least a few good panels. And the writing has gotten BETTER!
    Red Hood and Scarlet are great so far. They are modern hipster assholes taking up vigilantism. Red Hood working on his speech for the press release of their duo, Scarlet on twitter, and Red had a genuinely touching scene with her.

If it turns out to be Jason... again, he is written pretty differently. But then again, its Morrison.

And- THE FLAMINGO!!! I have been waiting for him to show up since Batman and Son. The Pink airplane is awesome.

Yep, B&R was my moment of the week too. I was really not sure how good Philip Tan's art would be, since his short GL run was terrible, but Morrison seems to have straightened him out. I guess it just comes down to writing style? Morrison details how he wants the panels layed out, Johns leaves that up to the artist?
    Does Jason even have a defined personality for Morrison to write him differently? Every writer seems to write him completely differently. I'd say the only traits that've stuck have been that he's psychotic and angsty.
    My MOTW was Morrison making a nod to All Star Batman in B&R.

But... Morrison hates ASB&R...

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2009
    Batman: Streets of Gotham was great. I loved both stories, and the art on both was great as well, save for Huntress's tramp costume (although that seems to be an editorial thing since it's showing up everywhere now)

I love the way Dustin Nguyen draws Damien, which is weird because he draws him older than he did Tim even though Tim is like 8 years older

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I dunno if its new but I liked Anti-Venom New Ways TO Live. The artist makes Anti-Venom bearable and actually look pretty cool and the framing when Eddie is speaking about going back to his old ways is really great. And theres a great scene with a cameo character but I won't spoil who it is.

I saw a panel featuring two gang bangers running away as one yells, "Oh shit, it's white Venom!" or something like that. It was pretty funny.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I dunno if its new but I liked Anti-Venom New Ways TO Live. The artist makes Anti-Venom bearable and actually look pretty cool and the framing when Eddie is speaking about going back to his old ways is really great. And theres a great scene with a cameo character but I won't spoil who it is.

I saw a panel featuring two gang bangers running away as one yells, "Oh shit, it's white Venom!" or something like that. It was pretty funny.

All that makes me think of is "White Stormy, why, is there a black Stormy?"

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I love how his moon-shaped helicopter somehow managed to appear out of nowhere.

I hope it is explained with the old "don't ever look up, tourists look up"

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    my MOTW: The walking dead
    When they shoot off the guy's finger
    all that buildup and fear, and they're just rednecks who rightfully got their asses kicked by a more experienced group

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    my MOTW: The walking dead
    When they shoot off the guy's finger
    all that buildup and fear, and they're just rednecks who rightfully got their asses kicked by a more experienced group

Absolutely. That whole scene was just completely excellent. I'm excited to see how everything is.

I liked
    "Andrea. Big guy. Right ear."

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Iron Man has sucked balls but Tony just punched out some punk kid. MOTW>

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    kdrudy wrote: »

All that makes me think of is "White Stormy, why, is there a black Stormy?"

"Why don't you call her White Debbie?!"

"That's stupid, I know she's white."

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Iron Man has sucked balls but Tony just punched out some punk kid. MOTW>

Tony Stark choses the single most fucking roundabout stupid way to kill himself. I know it's being done this way so he can find some kind of miraculous last second solution, but this entire arc just smacks somebody sitting down having a cool idea and not putting enough effort thinking things through.

"Oh no i need to erase the rest of my memory and die quietly before they catch me! If only mankind had ever invented some way for a person to kill themselves!" It's even worse when the comic itself is poking fun at how stupid it's premise is.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think the only point that gives it any validation is what Wildcat brought up in that, how often do heroes rise from the grave? How many supernatural resources does Tony have at his disposal? Sentry has brought Lindy back before. If Tony dies with the information in his head, there is still a minute chance that it will get out there.

And, even then, he's said how his brain is like a computer. Can it be read after he's dead?

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Osborn only has to ask Doom and he can travel backwards through time stealing the information then killing Tony to his hearts content.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, if we're going to the "there are a million ways to resurrect a hero" route, then I submit that if nothing else, Osborn can borrow Doom's time machine and go back to one day before Tony got the idea to erase his brain and get the information then.

If we accept that there are some outlandish ways to get at the information in Tony's head after he dies (which, admittedly, we should; this is comic books, after all), then I think that inevitably leads to the conclusion that there are outlandish ways to get at the information that was in his head before he deleted it. Time travel, alternate worlds, magic, and so on.

I think it all just boils down to "what is allowed by the parameters of plot", in which case we go back to "this isn't a good enough premise to decompress it to twelve issues".

Delduwath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I can't believe I had the same idea as DarkWarrior (and that he beat me in posting it).

Delduwath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I guess this is why you guys do quick one-liner posts so often.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Less likely to get beaten.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Very

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    True

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'll have what she's having.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think it goes along well with the idea that Tony is often too smart for his own good, he sometimes overthinks and overengineers things.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I bet Tony has a cloning facility that will, upon his death, produce a clone that is probably half cyborg and comes loaded with his personality/memories.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Then why would he let a half dead Rhodie fly around all emoish in War Machine and kill everyone so they can feel his pain? That's not being a good friend, Tony.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How many heroes even have secret identities that make this knowledge so valuable? Spider-Man? Anyone else? All of the X-Men are known and registered. Tony, Cap (they know its Bucky, but Steve was public), Hawkeye, Wasp, Ant-man, Fantastic Four, etc, etc are all known or, at least, should be known to Osborn, if not the general public. Maybe the Young Avengers arent, but no one cares about them anymore. If someone is still in the initiative, they can easily just ask them who the fuck they are and get an answer. Tony is basically holding onto a worthless list of names from the SHRA and going to committ suicide over it. Osborn should just let him go.

KVW on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think the whole not jumping into a volcano thing is just part of Tony's character. Yeah, he wants to do the right thing - but he's always been a billionaire, womanizing playboy, and he doesn't want to die. Yeah, it's a dick move and selfish in the big picture, but Tony Stark is not the kind of guy that's going to kill himself when there is even a tiny chance of another solution.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Reminds me of the moment in Ultimates vol.2 where Tony's getting rid of the planet-destroying bomb. Ult. Widow thinks he's planning to fly it into space and sacrifice himself to destroy it, when in reality he's pulling it outside so Thor can use Mjolnir to teleport it into another dimension.

Keep in mind, this was back when everyone thought Thor was just a mental patient with stolen equipment. That's taking 'dammit, there has to be another way!' to the extreme.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2009
    Do you people understand that this is the moment of the week thread, and not the Iron Man or bitching threads?

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Agents of Atlas #11 dulled the pain of losing Exiles. Any comic with the line
    'The mermen overwhelm our troops!
    has me at that point.

The art was perhaps a little too sketchy for my tastes, but Parker's script and imagination made me overlook it.

KidDork on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I need to post some scans of it, like Venus punching someone and congratulating herself. That was the best page in the book.

Sucks that it's canceled now (we have two one shots with the X-Men coming up, but still).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I need to post some scans of it, like Venus punching someone and congratulating herself. That was the best page in the book.

Sucks that it's canceled now (we have two one shots with the X-Men coming up, but still).

Seriously? I swear, I have the touch of death on any comic I really enjoy.

I think I'll put my power to good use and start picking up Amazing Spider-Man again.

KidDork on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »

I can help you with that by linking to the scans posted on Daily.
    AA2-1.jpg

mattharvest on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    I thought the plan was to restart it with a new #1 after the X-Men issues?

DMAC on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No, it's going to run as a back-up feature in Incredible Hercules following the X-Men crossover, and I think it was hinted that Marvel will later relaunch it at some indeterminate period down the line.

Which finally gives me a reason to start buying Hercules on a monthly basis.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok I hope Dark Reign never ends because that Dark Avengers is the best thing I've read in a while, I#'m not quite clear on why Ares lives in a crummy apartment but the scene with him and
    Fury
    and the conversation between Daken, Bullseye and Venom about deadpool.

Daken - He thinks hes hilarious
    Marvel - God that guys annoying
    Venom - Like spider-man "Ho I'm so funny"
    Bullseye - Spider-Mans kinda funny
    Venom - Uh, not really

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ares probably thinks posh living makes you weak.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I didnt even realise he lived with Phobos not that he was living a double life, I thought the kid just stayed with the ..Secret Warriors? Never seen him outside of there before so was jarring, thought it was supposed to be a dream sequence at first.

I would've thought that Ares would be confined to the tower like the rest of them, very interested in what is going to happen to Osborn.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok I hope Dark Reign never ends because that Dark Avengers is the best thing I've read in a while, I#'m not quite clear on why Ares lives in a crummy apartment but the scene with him and
    Fury
    and the conversation between Daken, Bullseye and Venom about deadpool.

Daken - He thinks hes hilarious
    Marvel - God that guys annoying
    Venom - Like spider-man "Ho I'm so funny"
    Bullseye - Spider-Mans kinda funny
    Venom - Uh, not really

That was glorious.

Also, I think Thunderbolts could turn out splitting the team:
    Maybe Osborn finds Phobos in the lair Fury was in, and Ares switches sides to save his son?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ares probably thinks posh living makes you weak.
    Well, you know. Spartans were not exactly known for their consumer culture.

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would've thought that Ares would be confined to the tower like the rest of them, very interested in what is going to happen to Osborn.

Most of the Dark Avengers are ex-cons. Those are the ones that need to stay in the tower under surveillance, are under restrictions not to talk to the media, etc. Ares is a free man so he's under no such restrictions. Osborn has been wanting him to move in though. Imagine the buddy comedy! One's a psycho and the other's, uh... also a psycho, sort of I guess.

I think the only other person in the same situation is Sentry, but he stays in the tower anyway because all his stuff is there.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I didnt even realise he lived with Phobos not that he was living a double life, I thought the kid just stayed with the ..Secret Warriors? Never seen him outside of there before so was jarring, thought it was supposed to be a dream sequence at first.

There was another issue, can't remember if it was Dark Avengers or New Warriors, where Ares looks into Alex's room and see's that he's missing, which led into the events of this months Dark Avengers.

Hensler on