As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NY iPhone users?

Bouncing_SoulBouncing_Soul Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but yes I'm considering getting the iPhone.

Currently I have the Storm with Verizon, and I'm just curious what reception is like with AT&T in the NYC/Long Island area. I know the iPhone itself is a great device for internet and all that, and the cost for the plan would be almost exactly the same as what I'm paying now.

I don't talk on the phone a huge amount, but when I do I'd like it to work.

Umlauf.gif
Buy some useless stuff at my Cafepress site!
Bouncing_Soul on

• Options
    Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I live on Long Island and the reception is fantastic. It has been a little iffy the last 15 days but its maintenance related as Apple is rolling out their update for MMS on the 25th and I think AT&T is crossing their fingers that their data volume doesn't bring their network down.

Though I work for a certain fruit store on Long Island I can honestly say that reception is fantastic. What do you expect the NY metro area is like the #1 market. I even had good reception upstate, 3G too.

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    it's fantastico

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I live on Long Island and the reception is fantastic. It has been a little iffy the last 15 days but its maintenance related as Apple is rolling out their update for MMS on the 25th and I think AT&T is crossing their fingers that their data volume doesn't bring their network down.

Though I work for a certain fruit store on Long Island I can honestly say that reception is fantastic. What do you expect the NY metro area is like the #1 market. I even had good reception upstate, 3G too.
    mmmm, it's a different story in manhattan from what i can tell....i think everybody i know that has one talks about the constant dropped calls in the city, outside manhattan it seems fine though....i don't have one so i can't say from personal experience though

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Word on the street is that the ATT's network is currently not able to handle the internet usage in Manhattan. My iPhone friends have been crying about it constantly.

Although, I also cannot wait for my Verizon contract to be up. Im on my fourth Storm.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Bouncing_SoulBouncing_Soul Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well I was hoping this would make me not want to get an iPhone =)... I am waiting at least until MMS and would like to see how that eventually works.

Durandal, do you work in the Roosevelt Field store or somewhere else? And would you recommend going to an Apple store or to AT&T? I get a corporate discount on service, so I'm not sure if I need to skip the fruit store.

Bouncing_Soul on
    Umlauf.gif
    Buy some useless stuff at my Cafepress site!
  • Options
    EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    On the streets of Manhattan it's fine for reception. When inside a building, your mileage may vary. However, on the plus side, you get occasional access in subways/stations.

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.