As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Graphic Violence Presents: Myths and Legends

13»

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    man why did i have to take the serious route

the comedians always win the day

Quoth on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    quoth there is nothing comedic about a chupacabra detective what are you talking about

he is a hard boiled mythological creature

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    i was talking about the luchador

Quoth on
    edited September 2009
    wait what luchador

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    THE ONE IN YOUR OTHER THREAD

Quoth on
    edited September 2009
    oh okay I was making sure

ps your story is boss as hell

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    which story, the sentry duty one? it was hella fun to write because the overarching concept was rad... i like that you're not letting people get too deep about it because that makes it less enjoyable

Quoth on
    edited September 2009
    indeed the sentry duty one

and also the other sentry duty one about the old people that I am keeping in my file for SHIT TO DO WHEN ARTISTS ARE FREE AGAIN

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    well when you are the rich head of some kind of comics enterprise remember that i am a cool chick

Quoth on
    edited September 2009
    I will just use you to trot out to prove I am not sexist when all my comics have horrible things happen to women all the time

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    and also remember that we are best friends and I like money

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited September 2009
    faynor I will use all my vast fortunes to ruin your life

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    tlb you couldn't make my life any worse

it hit rock bottom when you denied my hand of friendship

Faynor on
    edited September 2009
    I can do better

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    I can do better

Homer%20Simpson%20Oh%20No.jpg

Faynor on
    edited September 2009
    you think it's all over when you hit rock bottom but TLB is there to hand you a shovel and say "dig"

Quoth on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Servo wrote: »
    man, the only thing i could come up with was Bat-Man (bat-boy from the tabloids all growed up) but i didn't have the time or effort to punch it up enough for it to end up better than el chup.

Mine was going to be about a failed Jewish sculptor/graffiti artist that inherits his dead uncle's creepy knick knack shop (think Gremlins), and finds the mythic Golem in the basement behind a false wall. Able to establish a psychic connection with the indestructible automaton, he uses it to fight crime, each time sending it out with different artistic embellishments. Sometimes he coats it in Greek fire oil and sets it ablaze, sometimes he stencils designs on it, and sometimes he gives it various accessories. The twist is that while the Golem becomes a hit in the artistic community, his own art sits unwanted and rotting in a storage unit. He eventually begins stealing money from the criminals he faces, using it to set up a posh lifestyle for himself, while claiming that the money's coming from the sale of his art to various anonymous buyers.

His primary villains are the Yellow Plague, an ancient Chinese zombie (and stereotypical yellow peril villain), that commands an army of terracotta soldiers, Alpha-1, a man raised by a pack of wild dogs that's risen to the height of the canine hierarchy, and the Chickenman, a mysterious, seemingly insane figure that strides across the city on a pair of twenty-foot tall stilts that have, over time, become rusted, creaking things.

I'll just stuff that idea back into my folder labeled "Shit I Should Really Work On Before I Die."

Munch on
    edited September 2009
    dang munch I am glad you didn't do that entry it might have been competition

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    also geebs when you put up the poll remember EL CHUPACABRA: ACE DETECTIVE must be in all caps

this is how I talk about it

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Al Gore says its real.
    Al_Gore_preaching.jpeg

Other people say its fake.
    25581BP~Simpsons-Say-Global-Warming-Is-A-Myth-Posters.jpg

I am of course talking about Global Warming
    global-warming.jpg

Dr. Dirk Hamblin was a NASA Scientist. He had spent his entire life studying planets, the stars, nebulae and all things space related. He had written multiple dissertations on various subjects and was the leading expert on Solar Radiation.

All of Dr. Hamblin's dreams came true one day when he was given a chance to go up into space as part of an international research project. The astronauts and other scientists prepared long and vigorously for the voyage. The shuttle made it into space without a hitch, and the scientists began their work. On the final day of the mission, the Sun had an exceptionally large solar flare, which awed and amazed Dirk. He suited up and went out for a space walk to get some readings.

However, this particular solar flare was no ordinary flare, and Dr. Hamblin's suit was pierced by high intensity zeta particles. Dirk sensed that something was wrong and re-entered the space shuttle. Upon taking off his suit, his fellow scientists noticed immediately that Dirk's skin was glowing red, as if he had received the sunburn of his life. He was sweating profusely and the very clothes that he was wearing acted as an irritant to his skin.

When they arrived back on Earth, the medical staff could do nothing to alleviate his pain and discomfort. In fact, people soon realized that Dirk Hamblin was giving off heat of his own.

Anywhere Dirk went, he raised the temperature of the room. He became an outcast. Nobody wanted him around, because he was glowing red and his presence made other people uncomfortable. It was impossible to enjoy an ice cold beer in the same room as Dr. Hamblin.

However, the government found other uses for him.

Dirk became the most successful interrogator in history. Put him in a room with a criminal for a while, and they would beg to tell everything they knew, just to get away from him.

Dr. Hamblin also had an innate immunity to radiation poisoning, and he used this gift to help facilitate all sorts of radioactive material handling. He was an asset to nuclear power plants all over the country.

In times of crisis in the bitter cold, he was sent to act as an auxiliary heat source to save people's lives when the power gave out.

Dirk Hamblin was a hero. He was Global Warming.

Lucascraft on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2009
    As of right now, since nobody's turned in two submissions, and the number of submissions is relatively low, I'm rolling the hero and villain submissions into one poll. I'm also probably not going to have that as a thing in the future.

DJ Eebs on
    edited September 2009
    I wouldn't abandon it completely, just keep it as an unspoken option if there are hells of entries, but that is just me

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Right, I'll have that open. It won't be up front though. Also, after this vote is over we're going to pick the next round of categories, and also maybe open up a filler contest that has something to do with telling a story with the winning characters.

DJ Eebs on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lots of good entries on this one. Voting is gonna be hard.

Lucascraft on
    edited September 2009
    not really

juan chupacabra for president of gv

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2009
    CLOSED

poll coming soon

DJ Eebs on