As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE] A bundle of sticks wordfilters to silly goose

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Which is why I included the bit about "soon as I get accepted"

Well aware of how 0.0 works Sarksus, was at it for some time, hehe.

Anon the Felon on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No, I mean people from the enemy alliance are going to shoot your hauler up.

Sarksus on
  • BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Did you remember the 250m application fee?

Also we offer free hauling to goonspace, contract it over and it'll be there before you are.

I accept all fees

Brian on
    edited September 2009
    Nah, I flat out sold everything, I had nothing of real value....just grabbed my shuttle and sold the rest.

But that's cool, will solve a lot of possible problems...

Anon the Felon on
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    anon is not a mark you knuckleheads stop scamming him

he does need a mentor to get retrained though

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited September 2009
    Lol, I appreciate it DeadlySherpa, I was well aware there was no 250m application fee (screw you guys if there is). Also if your space is well camped by hostiles?

Good, that gives me something to do when I get bored ratting.

Killing people.

I did mention I only play Eve for the pvp right?

Anon the Felon on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wasn't scamming anyone. Hostile players run through our space all the time.

Sarksus on
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cause you guys suck at defending it.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SB's are situational. Solo they can only kill shit that can't shoot back, in packs they are pretty dangerous as long as no one targets them. Good for camping jump bridges, but goons like to fit out rifters specifically to kill SB's that do that. In a gang, you would be more effective and useful to the gang in just about anything else. i.e. an intie.

In alliance warfare, yes, they're just about pointless. Back in the day (2007-ish) when empire corps still fought wars with each other to drive people off from good mining, stealths were great for driving off faction-fit mercenary battleships.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SB are actually fairly nice now. They pack a tremendous amount of dps in a small package that can by covert bridged around. Also small gangs of SB can annoy BS blobs currently.

Ethea on
  • ValVal Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One of our FCs used 7 SB's to kill a blob of 30 BS trying to take down a jammer.

Val on
  • syonachsyonach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    VÃ*l wrote: »
    One of our FCs used 7 SB's to kill a blob of 30 BS trying to take down a jammer.

um yeah .......... in english that would be???

syonach on
    Bad decisions make good stories
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    syonach wrote: »

um yeah .......... in english that would be???

One of our Fleet Commanders (I think, basically guy leading a Fleet) used 7 Stealth Bombers to kill a tightly packed cluster of 30 Battle Ships that were trying to take down a jammer (a point of strategic interest).

Inquisitor on
  • GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Cause you guys suck at defending it.

Not empty quoting.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As of dominion npc corps will have a tax rate of 11%

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

This is pretty much the only practical use for SB's right now. Also, it's not just 7, it's 15-20, coming in waves of about 7. This is extremely difficult to organize and time it correctly. It is run by an FC who is extremely pro using hand-picked pilots who actually listen to orders and know wtf they're doing. Less than 5% of the entire population of Eve can actually accomplish this. Also, it stops working when the BS blob brings inties or HAC's, or.. just spreads out a little.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    rucdoc wrote: »

applies only to mission reward and bounties. That comprises probably less than half of what a mission runner makes in isk. No mission runner will leave the protection of an NPC corp over just that, but it will slow down the rate that new isk enters the game.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    hazywater wrote: »

applies only to mission reward and bounties. That comprises probably less than half of what a mission runner makes in isk. No mission runner will leave the protection of an NPC corp over just that, but it will slow down the rate that new isk enters the game.

I thought he was trolling, is that true? The tears from the pubbies will be comedy gold. For comparison, Mrchi has a 7.5% tax rate.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I thought he was trolling, is that true? The tears from the pubbies will be comedy gold. For comparison, Mrchi has a 7.5% tax rate.
    this is a troll free zone

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

It's a good idea if true, they've really needed to address the inflation of game funds for awhile now, and anything that forces people out of npc corporations can only be good for the game.

Dark_Side on
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm greatly enjoying this game. I'm also letting some skills learn right now because I was an idiot and was out ratting in 0.0 with +3 implants in. And got bubbled and fucked.

Oh well. You learn by making mistakes. That was a big-ass one.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    It's a good idea if true, they've really needed to address the inflation of game funds for awhile now, and anything that forces people out of npc corporations can only be good for the game.

I'm just waiting for the fix that forces the macrominer hulk pilots to leave Perkone so I can shoot them.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Foolishness, they don't need to leave anywhere to be shot.

Brian on
  • ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    I'm greatly enjoying this game. I'm also letting some skills learn right now because I was an idiot and was out ratting in 0.0 with +3 implants in. And got bubbled and fucked.

Oh come one, you can rat with implants anyday. I have some cheapo combat implants in with some +4s all the time while ratting in c3n and it's neighbors. Just run away when reds show up, easy. How did you get bubbled, axactly?

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
    edited September 2009
    Apogee wrote: »

Oh come one, you can rat with implants anyday. I have some cheapo combat implants in with some +4s all the time while ratting in c3n and it's neighbors. Just run away when reds show up, easy. How did you get bubbled, axactly?

well lets count the ways; interdictors, heavy interdictors, anchorable bubbles.

Ethea on
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got caught by a roaming neut gang the other day myself. They left the system and just as I warped they other direction, they came back and went straight for the gate I was headed to. Some hella bad luck on that one. Good thing cruisers are a dime a dozen.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ethea wrote: »

I dont know what it was. I died quickly, a victim of being AFK for a minute, seeing the red name in system, immediately starting to warp and then he popped into my belt and my warp was scrambled by a big giant bubble of blue sparks. Certainly learned my lesson about being AFK in 0.0 though.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    edited September 2009
    Ethea wrote: »

I dont know what it was. I died quickly, a victim of being AFK for a minute, seeing the red name in system, immediately starting to warp and then he popped into my belt and my warp was scrambled by a big giant bubble of blue sparks. Certainly learned my lesson about being AFK in 0.0 though.

interdictor.

Ethea on
  • SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1181766&page=1

Click for tears ^

11 pages so far :mrgreen:

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
    edited September 2009
    Muahaha, I've now roped two of my friends into joining the Swarm (well, the Merch).

One had his old corp mates exclaim their dismay at seeing him 'go goon'.

And as for the ratting death, you can never go afk in 0.0, unless you're in a POS. And even then it can be risky if you're in something expensive enough to risk bumping.

A tip I've picked up from runnign exploration complex is that they make for great safespots - and even better, you can get around bubbles. I've had the occasional exploratino complex show up 'behind' a gate, relative to the star. If you can manage to get to the side of the gate, you can warp behind it, then back to the gate, neatly avoiding bubblecamps.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Very tempted to get back into EVE. Started playing in 2007 and stopped late 2008 for some reason or another.

My only concern is that i've put a decent amount of time into my character, but I don't know if i'm very happy with it, and I'm wondering if it would be a better idea to simply start over, or if it would be better to try and fix my old character.

I think my first character focused more on getting big ships as soon as possible but aside from killing missions didn't have much in the way of ability to make ISK. I was thinking the second time around it might be smarter to try and focus on trading and shipping instead of combat, but i've been out of the loop for awhile and have no idea what i should do to get back into the game.

Any suggestions?

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Muahaha, I've now roped two of my friends into joining the Swarm (well, the Merch).

One had his old corp mates exclaim their dismay at seeing him 'go goon'.

And as for the ratting death, you can never go afk in 0.0, unless you're in a POS. And even then it can be risky if you're in something expensive enough to risk bumping.

A tip I've picked up from runnign exploration complex is that they make for great safespots - and even better, you can get around bubbles. I've had the occasional exploratino complex show up 'behind' a gate, relative to the star. If you can manage to get to the side of the gate, you can warp behind it, then back to the gate, neatly avoiding bubblecamps.

I love making SS's about 4K below gates. Takes care of pesky bubbles and the angle of warp bypasses any catch bubbles.

As for the POS. I heard a story relayed to me the other night about a "friend" who found a Thanatos with its nose poking out of a bubble, and off it went with "friend". In other words..unless you are in a dockable station, don't go AFK.

Noquar on
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Very tempted to get back into EVE. Started playing in 2007 and stopped late 2008 for some reason or another.

My only concern is that i've put a decent amount of time into my character, but I don't know if i'm very happy with it, and I'm wondering if it would be a better idea to simply start over, or if it would be better to try and fix my old character.

I think my first character focused more on getting big ships as soon as possible but aside from killing missions didn't have much in the way of ability to make ISK. I was thinking the second time around it might be smarter to try and focus on trading and shipping instead of combat, but i've been out of the loop for awhile and have no idea what i should do to get back into the game.

Any suggestions?

Do you want PVP? Or do you want the relative safety of Empire? I mean, you can use your current combat skills for missioning/ratting while training industrial/trading skills on him/her. No need to start over. That's the beauty of Eve, almost no matter how bad you feel you screwed your character up - you can fix it.

Noquar on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thought most people had their mission runner alts in alt corps anyway, if for no other reason so your salvaging alt doesn't flip cans to salvage your shit. I guess I am the only one.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't see much of a reason to start over a char with more then a years worth of training behind him. Unless i'm mistaken, there no penalty for how much sp's you have, apart from the double training bonus for the first 1.6M (which is roughly 35-40 days of training).

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't mind going into low sec area but I don't know if i have what it takes to do pvp just yet. When i played before i did some ratting in some 0.0 areas and while that was profitable i found out soon enough that my naivety had a high price :)

I'd like to try my hand at mining/trading perhaps I don't want to stay in complete safety but I want to be smart about going into dangerous areas.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    if you have cap/fitting/learning skills trained up its better to just use teh old one. if you dont then it doesnt matter either way. by starting a new guy you basically just give up the time you spent training other shit. it all gets used one way or the other

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Selecta wrote: »

Click for tears ^

Hah, epic. My corp has a 25% tax rate :rotate:

I started running L2 missions last night. Fun times. Is the reward / difficulty jump between L2 and L3 the same as it was between L1 and L2?

zilo on
    edited September 2009
    Noquar wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Do you want PVP? Or do you want the relative safety of Empire? I mean, you can use your current combat skills for missioning/ratting while training industrial/trading skills on him/her. No need to start over. That's the beauty of Eve, almost no matter how bad you feel you screwed your character up - you can fix it.

Either use that char and take advantage of the Power of Two promotion (new second account, 6 months, 50/60 dollars? I forget), or just come to 0.0. All those SP won't go to waste.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    zilo wrote: »
    Selecta wrote: »

Click for tears ^

Hah, epic. My corp has a 25% tax rate :rotate:

I started running L2 missions last night. Fun times. Is the reward / difficulty jump between L2 and L3 the same as it was between L1 and L2?

L3's are super easy if you do them in a Drake. Stack it with LSE's, hardeners and Core Defense Field Purgers in the lows. You're passive recharger will easily outpace L3 DPS.

e: Here is my L3 mission drake:

[Drake, L3 Missions]
    Power Diagnostic System II
    Ballistic Control System II

Invulnerability Field II
    Invulnerability Field II
    Photon Scattering Field II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Large Shield Extender II

'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Scourge Heavy Missile
    [empty high slot]

Core Defence Field Purger I

I didn't even change hardeners out, no need. It will passive regen 315+ DPS depending on the incoming damage type, and is basically unkillable in L3's.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
This discussion has been closed.