As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What does your name/avatar mean?

12346»

• Options
    JaydoJaydo Registered User regular
    edited March 2023

Jaydo on
  • Options
    TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am a girl. And I am small.

Sure beats my IRL nickname.

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • Options
    grouchybastidgrouchybastid Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    It's fairly straightforward, as far as descriptive names goes.

This was PAX #1 for me, no point in attending when I could Enforce, right? o_O

Oh right, the avatar. It's the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and the likely-hard-to-read text is Latin for Devil's Advocate.

grouchybastid on
  • Options
    FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Name: My name came from my first "real" job, working in the IT department of a materials analysis lab. I worked there for five (long) years, and the head honcho of the facility, who I passed in the hall every day, NEVER got my name right. After the first year or so of this, I accepted my fate as a "faceless cog in the corporate machine." I've used it as a nick/username ever since.
    Avatar: The cog/gear that serves as the border is from my original "Faceless Cog" logo. The interior has since been changed to reflect my recent kicking of cancer's ass. (It's a crab with a sword through it...crab being the astrological sign "Cancer") It's now my normal avatar, on a t-shirt I have and a sticker on the back of my wheelchair. :)
    First time attending PAX? YES! Both my wife and I are terribly excited, and can't wait for PAX East!
    What I'm looking forward to the most: Personally, I'm looking forward to hopefully getting the chance to meet Gabe and/or Tycho to thank them for putting out such a wonderful product...oh, and of course to get the chance to bask in the presence of the Secretary of Geek Affairs. :)

Facelesscog on
  • Options
    Norm99Norm99 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Name: My nickname with a 99 on the end
    Avatar: Drunken uncle hyphen, a member of mr. periods family
    Pax#: 3
    Looking forward to: Going to east, and then Prime again.

Norm99 on
  • Options
    EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Name: I've gone by many, many nicknames in the past, including, but not limited to, staticlike and Manumit, this nickname is the current "flavor of the week," but it might be here to stay.
    Staticlike originally came from Diablo 2 where I made an electricity-based sorceress, and it just stuck.
    Manumit is a word that means "to free from slavery or servitude." I didn't use this for long.
    Ekkosangen comes from the flash animation of the same name, thought the name was appropriate for me, though I often shorten it to just "Ekko." A lot of people pronounce it Eek-oh-san-gen, though it's pronounced echo-song(-en).

Avatar: This changes a lot, I have yet to settle on a permanent avatar.

PAX attendance: Attended once in 2008, and plan to go to more soon!

Looking forward to: EAST, maybe! Especially the train trip over there if I do end up going!

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This was the name of my first successful UO character.

The avatar is from Celtic Tales: Balor of the Evil Eye. It is the last game released by Koei on PC. It is phenomenally fun with 10 different starting tribes and I've beaten the game with every tribe 2 or 3 times each.

pax09 was my first pax. I think I will go to Pax east every year assuming it is anywhere near as fun.

Drakmathus on