As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Big smelly head [DOODLE] face with words that make me go ARAHAHREIAHRIA

• ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    thats the only way i'll see it

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It was definitely updated.

MKR on
  • J-PJ-P Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Edit: Finished. Thanks Ewa.

flakeandberbz_copy_1.jpg

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mmm cowburgers. I want some cowburgers.

Nice panels, and I dig the changes and the extra page. My only crit would be that the last panel on the first page could have used a bit more breathing room. (seems kinda crammed)

The panel before it, where they see the cow seems like it could've been smaller width wise, without sacrificing anything, and freeing up some space.

Still working on this, taking much longer than anticipated...

itsthinking5.jpg

Still a ways to go. Another update tomorrow, at least the I should be done inking it in the next couple days.

earthwormadam on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Here's a landscape i'm working on...actually i could be done. Maybe its only good as a sketch. i put this in my thread but i was hoping if i put it here i might get more feedback. what do you guys think?
    landscape1.jpg

NakedZergling on
  • HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like the rendering but the perspective is a little confusing. It may be the positioning of the horizon line and the vague nature of the midsection of the piece. It could also be that the definition on the trees and the definition on the ground are about on par with one and other, making it difficult to perceive the distance between the two (the trees feel close, but upon processing the image the structure suggests that they are far away).

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
    edited September 2009
    It looks like the trees are several hundred feet high.

MKR on
  • Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Love the dreamcast tribute!

Why no PSO love though?

edit:

an ereader thing I'm working on for a class. Seems sorta plain now that it's rendered.

bigthing.jpg

Skelly B on
  • Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    61eedd10fd82f09eb5c6062a88d443c1.jpg

Had to do this for media techniques. (near) Photo-realistic rendering of a tool. Obviously, I chose a hammer. We had to use these Pitt Oil based Pencils on Illustration board. The oil pencils don't cause glare like graphite pencils when pressed hard, so they presumably scan better. But, of course, the board is cold press, which I've never thought scanned well at all, so I'm not sure if I can tell. Whatever, it was pretty cool to do. If I wasn't a huge-ass procrastinator and it wasn't 2 AM.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It looks like some of your image could be washed out, Radar. I assume you bumped up the contrast and/or brightness in PS?

NightDragon on
    edited September 2009
    It looks like some of your image could be washed out, Radar. I assume you bumped up the contrast and/or brightness in PS?

Mmm, levels a little bit, but the original scan isn't really noticeably better. I'm also not using like, a $500 scanner or anything...

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Don't knock my scanner, dog. You bought it for me.

pliers.jpg

I'M PLIERS OR WHATEVER

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    Yes, I did. It's not bad. But it's also not a $500 scanner.

Also, I wonder if your default settings are different than mine for that scanner, mac user.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You guys aren't going to have a domestic are you?

Mustang on
    edited September 2009
    One of these days, Lucy.

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    No. We love each other.

We love each other, don't we?

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    edited September 2009
    Maybe I'll just sleep with the pliers tonight. You can sleep on the couch.

Domestic

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    At least it's comfy. Also, I may as well take this opportunity to bump things.
    Skelly B wrote: »
    bigthing.jpg
    Radar6590 wrote: »
    61eedd10fd82f09eb5c6062a88d443c1.jpg
    Charis wrote: »
    pliers.jpg

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    At least it's comfy.

Unlike sleeping with Charis?

You're not going to take that shit are you Charis?

Mustang on
    edited September 2009
    I don't know, our couch is pretty nice. Unless it has dead mouse under it.

But I don't believe Radar's lies for a second.

Plus, depends on your interpretation of 'sleeping'. Not sure if Radar would call it 'comfy'. Hope not.

Charis on
    edited September 2009
    I rather like sleeping with Charis. Both definitions, thank you very much.

And our bed is actually much more comfortable than the couch, which is good in the long run I guess. Your bed should be more comfortable than your couch according to my crazy perceptions of living standards. And on that note, we have class tomorrow, so I think we will stop polluting the doodle thread with irrelevant jargon and hit the hay... as they say.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A professor once told me that at 8 hours a day, you spend a third of your life at work and another third of your life asleep. Therefore, your two highest priorities should be getting a job that you love and sparing no expense when it comes to a bed and bedding.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just drew this up onto a huge canvas, and in pencil it looks fucking epic and awesome and im so excited omg omg.

THinking of these colours. More damage to the machine, with fluid coming out, and smoke, and junk. Yeah!

newpaintingsketch4.jpg

desperaterobots on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    looks cool. i would have made the dude/horse man in the foreground a little smaller, and would have flipped it to be facing the big-ass monster. It would have brought the viewers eyes to the centre of the canvas more. Just my opinion. Regardless, the composition still works.

do you draw up manually (ruling up a grid) or do you project your image using a projector? Cos i'd imagine it would be frustrating as hell manully drawing it up, considering the size of your paintings.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Changing the direction of the horse would change the narrative. The curve that frames the right side would also be a little awkward if flipped. There's enough leading the eye back to the monster. I think it looks pretty badass.

Skelly B on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Some stupid doodle. Might end up going back to it.

digidoodle01.jpg

Sublimus on
    edited September 2009
    pew pew pew
    heavybomber.png

MKR on
  • sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    halloween is approaching dont cha know...

deadgirlwalkin.png

still very much a work in progress

sharky t on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    poster-1.jpg

poster-2.jpg

So, I was asking typography related questions a couple of weeks ago for a class project. these are the fruit of that project. printed at 10x15"

these were bigger files than I thought. oh well. also, I corrected some spelling errors and stuff after I made these preview images, and the grey border/squares were trim marks for cropping, not on the final product.

Made a B on this project. woohoo!

ManonvonSuperock on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't even frickin know.

bear_wolfman.jpg

tynic on
    edited September 2009
    sharky t wrote: »
    halloween is approaching dont cha know...

deadgirlwalkin.png

still very much a work in progress

This looks promising to me.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    looks cool. i would have made the dude/horse man in the foreground a little smaller, and would have flipped it to be facing the big-ass monster. It would have brought the viewers eyes to the centre of the canvas more. Just my opinion. Regardless, the composition still works.

do you draw up manually (ruling up a grid) or do you project your image using a projector? Cos i'd imagine it would be frustrating as hell manully drawing it up, considering the size of your paintings.

Don't use a projector, don't have one. I think if I used a projector I might not make adjustments to the original drawing that can make it work better on a larger scale, which is part of the reason I keep my doodles pretty loose in the beginning. I just used a simple 8x2 grid to scale that up, took about 2 hours to grid and draw and correct, in between watching OZ and eating dinner!

On composition, yeah, I wanted it to feel like the guy in the foreground was involed in the battle against the machine. If he were looking at it he probably would have become more of a spectator. I'm hoping that he's turned his back to it conveys how little a threat he percieves the machine to be.

desperaterobots on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    tynic wrote: »
    I don't even frickin know.

bear_wolfman.jpg

I do fricking know. I fricking know that this is fricking awesome.

NakedZergling on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just used a simple 8x2 grid to scale that up, took about 2 hours to grid and draw and correct, in between watching OZ and eating dinner!
    Do you ever stop eating?

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • worstcaseworstcase Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Never. Sometimes he has to be tied down.

worstcase on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Desperaterobots - I demand you post updates on this painting as you go, AND post them in your old thread. it's been neglected of updates for too long :)

winter_combat_knight on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Those tool drawings are really cool. Dare I say they... nailed it?

Horrible, soul-destroying puns aside, I wouldn't mind giving something similar a shot myself now. Hopefully I can get enough of my assignments done to give me a bit more relaxing time.

Flay on
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Some doodle Ive been doing..... Sorry about the size, its a pain in the ass for me to upload stuff and when I finally upload this I forgot to resize so... feel free to insult me about it :P

Ink !
    2vif7o2.jpg

Pencil!
    2e5p30x.jpg

Markers!

fuds8.jpg

and well, It took me like 20 min to upload this D:

FANTOMAS on
    Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Why does it take so long for you to upload an image? Just hop on Imgur or Imageshack and you can upload an image in seconds.

WastingPenguins on
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    thanks for the tip, but I just have a crappy connection, specially weak in the upload department.

FANTOMAS on
    Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
This discussion has been closed.