As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]liens -- Game over, man! Game over!

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Talleyrand wrote: »
    You keep claiming we need to control the kills. I don't get that. If the WY spies and Genies try to bandwagon someone then we can always oppose them if their logic isn't sound. So we're not really taking control away from them by voting on some random person. Maybe we'd get information but to me that depends on the long shot of having killed a mafia. Sure we'd get some faction info but right now the mafia is my main priority.

Phalla is all about vote patterns. Specials are fundamentally a distraction from the main game. Right now with all these non-votes, we don't have a lot of information. So tomorrow will just be the same as today. Someone new will be lynched tomorrow for no reason.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TalleyrandTalleyrand Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok ok. I'm going to go with my first instinct and !TheSpectre. I always thought his UE thread was badass.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Garick wrote: »
    !TehSpectre needs to take a space walk

Do you have a reason for this, or is it just something that sounds fun?

Cus I like things that are fun.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yes, let's sit back and let the baddies control all the kills! This is a brilliant decision!

You guys did this in Star Wars. We kicked your ass until Toxic saved you. Thus a) the grudge and b) the need to get 1) information public and 2) non-evil control of kills.

Also: only someone evil would do that, Toxic. You really should die. :)

I want to vote for you for using a horribly organized system to try and say something.

But I'm resisting.

For now.

(It's a good thing I have alien brain parts that help me control my savage human emotions!)

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Yes, let's sit back and let the baddies control all the kills! This is a brilliant decision!

You guys did this in Star Wars. We kicked your ass until Toxic saved you. Thus a) the grudge and b) the need to get 1) information public and 2) non-evil control of kills.

I want to vote for you for using a horribly organized system to try and say something.

But I'm resisting.

For now.

(It's a good thing I have alien brain parts that help me control my savage human emotions!)

Should I have made an outline with indents and what not?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

But I'm resisting.

For now.

Yes. Or just speak with a well-constructed sentence. But what should be in outline form being put into sentence form disagrees with me and my alien sensibilities, which prefer precision and perfection.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2009

But I'm resisting.

For now.

Yes. Or just speak with a well-constructed sentence. But what should be in outline form being put into sentence form disagrees with me and my alien sensibilities, which prefer precision and perfection.

I almost made 1 and 2 a and b again, just to annoy people like you. But decided against it.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

But I'm resisting.

For now.

I almost made 1 and 2 a and b again, just to annoy people like you. But decided against it.

That decision saved your life.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    1.) kime is dumb

B.) enlightenedbum can't make lists

III.) I am awesome

Nocturne on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So what's the arguments for the bandwagons at this point?

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    MadnessBAMadnessBA Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    there are none really. And so I have no idea who or which way to vote for.

MadnessBA on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    1) I voted for Toxic because he beat me in the last Nerissa/narvinye game.
    2) People voted for me because I voted for Toxic.
    3) Someone voted for Spectre because of general principles.
    4) kime may have voted for himself, who knows.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That is a very well put together list, and it summarizes things perfectly. Basically, and unsurprisingly, we have no idea about anything.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Pretty much.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    1) I voted for Toxic because he beat me in the last Nerissa/narvinye game.
    2) People voted for me because I voted for Toxic.
    3) Someone voted for Spectre because of general principles.
    4) kime may have voted for himself, who knows.
    I despise those who red-vote themselves.

Despise, rawrrr!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Hehe that also breaks the logic. Because if someone red votes himself, you wouldn't need two more guys to push him out the airlock you see.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I suppose if no one else is joining my grudge vote I should do this: !enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I do want to point out that we have to find the WY agents and genie conspirators or we can't win, no matter what our faction.

And now I have to change my vote.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I do want to point out that we have to find the WY agents and genie conspirators or we can't win, no matter what our faction.

I'm willing to listen to any ideas you have based on suspicion. I honestly somewhat suspect Zed as roleplaying is a good way to hide (that's what 90% of the Hive gimmick was about). Of course, this implicates me, but I meant it initially as a joke and then people egged me on.

Not worth voting yet, probably.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, it doesn't seem like there's much of a target for my red vote, so i'll just go ahead and !Trust, because I'm a loving guy, and I like watching out for others.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

I'm willing to listen to any ideas you have based on suspicion. I honestly somewhat suspect Zed as roleplaying is a good way to hide (that's what 90% of the Hive gimmick was about). Of course, this implicates me, but I meant it initially as a joke and then people egged me on.

Not worth voting yet, probably.

To be honest, not much right now. People who voted in a block or red voted yesterday. But that will more likely turn up faction and people who are too eager. Also, giving the cap a seering and people who voted against it.

But I would like to ask that narration for every day be placed in the OP. It would make things much easier.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Attention Comms; please patch the 1232be Circuits into the network and run an investigation into myself, Wildcat.

Berry, stand by for assault orders please.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    SosSos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    None of the anti-bum arguments are convincing. Probably a bunch of people getting antsy over someone voting for their teammate

!Ebum

Sos on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh no not again...

The captain is seering himself, and his name starts with a "W". This isn't going to end well.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Down, boy.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Honk you fat bastard, I will give you a reprieve today to vote for !Toxic Toys after he shared that abomination of a video with us all. He must hate freedom and his own life.

And captain, my captain please uh...don't kill me.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Gracious goodness Crewman Mazzyx! Though our mutual hatred is substantial you are still a righteous man in your actions. I will give you a reprieve as well, though I've yet to find a new cause to vote for. But I will.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I actually completely agree that killing Ebum is a silly thing to do tonight, despite the fact that he is probably playing up the "guys, remember how evil I was last time? well, now I'm going to talk about it a lot and divulge how I did everything so that you think I'm totally on your side this time but I'm actually still evil, if not more so" angle...

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    At this point, I will vote for !Talleyrand. Because why not.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't really see a good reason to kill !enlightenedbum....yet!

Slicer on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Clarification: The OP says that each player may cast a lime vote or a red vote. Are players required to cast one or the other every day?

I just feel like we don't have enough to go on right now to make a vote yet.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Then lime vote yourself. Like this: !savant.

The ultimate throwaway vote.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm going to go with my gut on this one, Dunadan019. I most likely wrong.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is kinda weird with not much of a vote record and people being hesitant to slaughter each other.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm not hesitant, Nocturne!

Kill everyone!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, I guess the members of EB's faction really came out in droves to save him.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Look into my eye.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Look into my eye.
    *whisper* so beautiful

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    narvinyenarvinye Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Clarification: The OP says that each player may cast a lime vote or a red vote. Are players required to cast one or the other every day?

I just feel like we don't have enough to go on right now to make a vote yet.

No one is required to cast a vote...you are not forced to try to throw someone out the airlock, nor forced to interfere with another group's attempt to do so.

narvinye on
  • Options
    narvinyenarvinye Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    However, knowing you bloodthirsty b*stards, that won't be a problem...

narvinye on