As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]opher Walken

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Reminds me of a time when I was eating dinner with my Chinese girlfriend's family. After dinner, I tried to say "The meal was very delicious." in Mandarin. Unfortunately, I screwed up some of the tones and apparently said "I am fisting your daughter's ass." I was not well received.
    This is a lie.

Premier kakos on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Coke, I must ask... do you truly share my disdain? If so, I think I may <3 you.

Honestly? Yeah, to an extent. Same as I feel about the movie industry.

I could make out with you now. Long have I searched for someone whose reaction to Mario Galaxy was "Whoopdeefuckingdoo" and whose opinion of the game itself was "Meh. Nothing specal." I love you, Cokebottle.

<3
    I did think it was really pretty, though :oops:

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Good night folks.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wooooo Mario Galaxy hating party! Worst penguin-filled activity in any video game ever!

Frosteey on
    edited September 2009
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Wooooo Mario Galaxy hating party! Worst penguin-filled activity in any video game ever!

It also apparently killed [chat].

So, I'm going to use google to fill in the lyrics of a song I want to learn. Woo!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009

Can we expand this into a "The Wii is stupid" party?

_J_ on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    _J_ wrote: »

hey

blurb_Bigart8--article_image_20081017.jpg

fuck yooouuuu

Rust on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Rust wrote: »

hey

blurb_Bigart8--article_image_20081017.jpg

fuck yooouuuu

Yup. Pretty fucking stupid.

Premier kakos on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Wii over all has been a big let down for me as a console but man, super mario galaxy was a great game.

Also, Rust, thanks for reminding me that I again have access to the Wii that has my no more heroes save on it so I can finally play and beat the last level.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2009
    Yup. Pretty fucking stupid.

You just hate fun, don't you?

Inquisitor on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am trying to decide whether to work at home or in Uni today.

Still not sure...

BobCesca on
    edited September 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The Wii over all has been a big let down for me as a console but man, super mario galaxy was a great game.

Also, Rust, thanks for reminding me that I again have access to the Wii that has my no more heroes save on it so I can finally play and beat the last level.

i take it you've seen the trailer for the sequel

where suda51 shouts at the audience with an overdubbed black man's voice and then suplexes an intern into a toilet

Rust on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I love a bunch of other stuff on the Wii, though : (

Frosteey on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    j are you seriously an alien here to study us

your cover is really, really bad, man

Pony on
    edited September 2009
    Pony wrote: »

comparing Bad Men to feral cats was probably not the best avenue of explanation in that case, no

Rust on
    edited September 2009

where suda51 shouts at the audience with an overdubbed black man's voice and then suplexes an intern into a toilet

No, I haven't seen the trailer for the sequel. Is the sequel looking to be substantially different from the original? Because the original was fun but I don't really feel the need to play another take on it.

Inquisitor on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    can't get windows 7 anymore huh. I apparently lost the dvd I burned. my friend has my xp disc and my uncle's computer needs a format. shit.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited September 2009

comparing Bad Men to feral cats was probably not the best avenue of explanation in that case, no

i resent being compared to a feral cat that needs to be put down!

Pony on
    edited September 2009
    Man, fuck the kanji for "to resound". Seriously.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited September 2009

No, I haven't seen the trailer for the sequel. Is the sequel looking to be substantially different from the original? Because the original was fun but I don't really feel the need to play another take on it.

the crappy chore minigames are replaced by retro 8-bit arcade games

you get to play as shinobu and henry (plotwise, they're not reskins)

like three times as many bosses

dual-wielding beam swords

ONE OF THE BOSSES IS A BLACK GUY WHO FIGHTS WITH A BOOMBOX BATTLE SUIT AND SPEAKS WITH AN IRISH BROGUE

DESTROYMAN RETURNS

Rust on
    edited September 2009
    pretty sure J is also incapable of understanding mental illness

i remember once talking about being overstressed and he was like "have you tried just... not being stressed? like can't you just logically think about how useless the stress is and not be stressed?"

and now he's like "when a person's understanding of reality is fundamentally flawed, you have to put them down like a feral cat"

really, we don't have any method to treat or rehabilitate people with mental illnesses?

huh, news to me

what with

managing personal mental illness and psychological damage and all

Pony on
    edited September 2009
    I liked the chore minigames! They were way more fun than the other money making minigames!

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2009
    I liked the chore minigames! They were way more fun than the other money making minigames!

well they're still around, just better

also fun fact: suda did not like the animators' take on the game's new wrestling moves

so he demonstrated them

on the animators

that's right, piss off suda and you'll get an atomic piledriver for your pains

Rust on
    edited September 2009
    Sometimes I can logic my way out of being stressed or upset or sad over certain things. Sometimes I can't. I definitely was not able to logic my way out of the news irt my grandma earlier today.

Inquisitor on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Studying Heidegger has helped me deal with anxiety problems.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    you guys aren't helping with my decision.

pfft.

BobCesca on
    edited September 2009
    Good night chat.

Inquisitor on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    King of the Hill's pimp episode is pretty hilarious.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • rational vashrational vash Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    does anyone know how to deal with a migraine?

It's been hurting for a few hours, and nothing seems to help. My mom gave me a few pills, Tylenol i believe, but that was hours ago and it hasn't kicked in yet. I've put a wet rag on my forehead because i was hot, but again, didn't work?

If any can help get rid of this pain i will give you my soul, first born son, whatever.

rational vash on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

It's been hurting for a few hours, and nothing seems to help. My mom gave me a few pills, Tylenol i believe, but that was hours ago and it hasn't kicked in yet. I've put a wet rag on my forehead because i was hot, but again, didn't work?

If any can help get rid of this pain i will give you my soul, first born son, whatever.

take a nap. Try to focus on the the throbbing: I find that if I tune my body to the throbbing, the sensation of pain goes away.

Also, stay hydrated.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2009

psilocybin mushrooms

seriously not kidding

i get bad migraines and cluster headaches sometimes and this or LSD works

Pony on
    edited September 2009
    Podly wrote: »

take a nap. Try to focus on the the throbbing: I find that if I tune my body to the throbbing, the sensation of pain goes away.

Also, stay hydrated.
    I tried to sleep, but the migraine won't let me. I am now trying the focus strategy. It feels like I'm challenging the migraine.

Fuck you migraine

rational vash on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Drink yourself to sleep?

Dr Mario Kart on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i like thanatos

every reich needs a goebbels
    Given my current avatar and sig, this is so appropriate.

Thanatos on
    edited September 2009
    Podly wrote: »

Also, stay hydrated.
    I tried to sleep, but the migraine won't let me. I am now trying the focus strategy. It feels like I'm challenging the migraine.

Fuck you migraine
    Get a bottle of ibuprofen and a bottle of acetaminophen. Take a dose and a half of both, preferably with something caffeinated (unless that's a trigger for you). Turn everything off in the house that makes noise. Lock yourself into a room with the lights off, and curl up into the fetal position with your hands covering your ears.

At least, that's how I deal with it.

Thanatos on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey, you make it home safe, Than?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited September 2009

psilocybin mushrooms

seriously not kidding

i get bad migraines and cluster headaches sometimes and this or LSD works

I don't have any mushrooms, but i would probably try some if i had them, just to make this go away.

But then again, i've lurked for quite a while. I've read some of your stories pony. The last thing i need right now is to be hassled by some raccoon loan shark.

rational vash on
    edited September 2009
    Haven't failed to yet.

Thanatos on
    edited September 2009
    I like the idea to take more pills. That's a plan i can get behind.

Also i'm hot so i will eat ice cream. Why my family likes neopolitan i will never know. Everyone knows that chocolate ice cream is the red headed stepchild of the dairy family.

rational vash on
    edited September 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Haven't failed to yet.

Didn't you fend off a mugger a while ago?

rational vash on
This discussion has been closed.