As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Saints Row: The Third - Awesome Button, Autotune Pimp, Mocap'd Sombreros!

• BlainBlain
    goes to do more activities

Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    goes to do more activities

Blain on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Here's a little video of some craziness a friend and I had on co-op.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8YNsF-OHBI

Sadly this is just a small part of the session. A screenshot compilation can be found here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v394/adus11/sr2som/?albumview=slideshow

Password: maraomg

Use slideshow for greatest effect.

Adus on
  • travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Wait wait wait...

Infinite ammo weapons?

Why the hell wasn't I informed?!

Its not the weapons themselves that have infinite ammo, its the entire category of weapon that gets infinite ammo. Check the FAQs at Gamefaqs for which activities unlock what and get started. Dual SMGs with unlimited ammo is pretty sweet.

travathian on
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    IdolNinja on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can get the best AR in the game if you perform one of each combat maneuver. I got that by accident. There is a combat maneuver list in the menus, somewhere, too.Infinite Rifle ammo: Finish all hitmen lists. It also apply to the Sniper Rifle. Best Shotgun and infinite shotty ammo: Complete airport drug trafficking. Do it coop, BTW, it's impossible solo.

Aw, what the hell, here is a list of unlockables for you guys. There is an awesome interactive map there too. I think someone in this forum works on that site too.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    some of the hitman target info is obscure as shit, faq that shit up if you are doing hitman

Buttcleft on
    edited September 2009
    where did you get the guided RPG I can't find it.

Buttcleft on
    edited September 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Mayhem level 6 on the Nuclear Plant island.

IdolNinja on
  • WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    IdolNinja wrote: »

Mayhem level 6 on the Nuclear Plant island.

Note that if you quit the mission before level 6 the start point moves to the shore of the main landmass. That had me confused to all hell wondering where the activity went.

Woggle on
  • donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    JIcdo.jpg
    FxHNE.jpg
    0CTbF.jpg

Awesome pics.

donhonk on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Higher level Drug Trafficking is FUCKING INSANE.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    edited September 2009
    Higher level Drug Trafficking is FUCKING AWESOME.

Fixed that for ya.

IdolNinja on
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Higher level Drug Trafficking is FUCKING INSANE.

When we did, half the time I got out of the van, I would get hit so much, you had to leave me behind and I had to get to the next deal on foot.

Xtarath on
  • WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know what people are complaining about with the airport trafficking. All I had to do was ride shotgun, shoot the drivers of any pursuing vehicles dead, and clear the deal areas.

I also made sure to pick the freshest car I could so it wouldn't blow up mid route. Only once on I think level 6 did they come fast enough that I had to bail between stops to escape a burning wreck.

Woggle on
    edited September 2009
    this is making me want to do coop drug trafficking missions.

Buttcleft on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm always up for working towards infinite shotgun ammo/rifle ammo.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    You can get the best AR in the game if you perform one of each combat maneuver. I got that by accident. There is a combat maneuver list in the menus, somewhere, too.Infinite Rifle ammo: Finish all hitmen lists. It also apply to the Sniper Rifle. Best Shotgun and infinite shotty ammo: Complete airport drug trafficking. Do it coop, BTW, it's impossible solo.

Aw, what the hell, here is a list of unlockables for you guys. There is an awesome interactive map there too. I think someone in this forum works on that site too.

I dunno, does the xr50 AR do more damage than the m60?

Because the m60 has twice the ammo, and you can't accidentally waste your satchel charges as grenades.

So I take it they never released the DLC content for the pc version?

Morkath on
  • Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Im running windows 7 (RC), and I seem to have a gamebreaking bug on my version (d2d purchase, but use through steam), when I go to load up the 2nd part of mission 5 from the ronin (agent orange or something), it goes to a cut scene in the airport and then tries to switch back to giving me control but the screen goes black, and i can hear lots of gunfire and running and screaming, but no actually "crash" and it only happens in this one spot....barring anyone knowing how to fix it....anyone know how to cheat to skip a mission?

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2009
    As soon as that cutscene starts, just hit Escape to cancel it and it should get you past it. I had the same problem and that worked for me.

Morkath, the m60 sucks trying to aim at a distance. The xr50 in fine control mode I can snipe guys a pretty good distance away.

travathian on
  • kryoptickryoptic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    travathian wrote: »
    As soon as that cutscene starts, just hit Escape to cancel it and it should get you past it. I had the same problem and that worked for me.

Morkath, the m60 sucks trying to aim at a distance. The xr50 in fine control mode I can snipe guys a pretty good distance away.

It's especially good if you finish Septic Avenger and get the better accuracy thing. Much less spread when running and firing at the same time. Septic Avenger is one of the easier ones to finish, too.

kryoptic on
    edited September 2009

thanks man, didnt think to try that, ill give it a shot.

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2009
    Hijacking a semi with an ICBM missile and starting a convoy with DigitalSyn ranks right up there with the best moments in this game:
    missiles.jpg

IdolNinja on
    edited September 2009
    the xr50 reloads faster too.

Buttcleft on
    edited September 2009
    I've managed to get infinite shotgun and assault rifle. Tomorrow I shall get infinite smg ammo. It shall be done.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited September 2009
    I just did the insurance scam ones to get infinite sprint. Pretty easy if you use a helicopter to get there and jump out over one of the bonus areas on a freeway. Then just jump in front of large trucks and use the controls to guide your flight path to stay in traffic. On the level 5 challenge I racked up 300k in a span of about 10-15 seconds by chaining my flight path in front of trucks and the last one hit me so hard I flew right off the freeway and dropped far enough to grant me even more points.

Even if you dont have a heli, just make sure you enter the target area as close to a freeway bonus area as possible. Very doable early in the game and infinite sprint and less damage from vehicles is pretty nice.

Now if only I could get 3 golds on base jumping damnit. I'm tired of dying from jumping off single story buildings.

travathian on
    edited September 2009
    I just did the insurance scam ones to get infinite sprint. Pretty easy if you use a helicopter to get there and jump out over one of the bonus areas on a freeway. Then just jump in front of large trucks and use the controls to guide your flight path to stay in traffic. On the level 5 challenge I racked up 300k in a span of about 10-15 seconds by chaining my flight path in front of trucks and the last one hit me so hard I flew right off the freeway and dropped far enough to grant me even more points.

Even if you dont have a heli, just make sure you enter the target area as close to a freeway bonus area as possible. Very doable early in the game and infinite sprint and less damage from vehicles is pretty nice.

Now if only I could get 3 golds on base jumping damnit. I'm tired of dying from jumping off single story buildings.

Adrenaline mode is fuck awesome for air time.

Why not take a helicopper to the top of the ultor building in saints row and jump off it?

I think its the highest building in the game.

Buttcleft on
  • NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I got on the first try on my new game. Try holding down the S key while pulling a sharp left or right turn when you get over the bullseye. You should just float down in a really tight circle that will help keep you on target.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • MindstormMindstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, can I get an invite to the PA Saint's Row 2 group?

"Mindstorm" should be my steam ID.

Mindstorm on
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Adrenaline mode is fuck awesome for air time.

Why not take a helicopper to the top of the ultor building in saints row and jump off it?

I think its the highest building in the game.

You can save yourself some pain and just jump straight from the helicopter. Base jumping in SR2 has nothing to do with buildings and everything to do with landing on a parked car. At least that's how it worked in the 360 version, I doubt they changed it for the PC.

It's a damn shame this game doesn't have a 'keys to the city' style addon. I'd love to play through from the beginning with everything unlocked.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can. Just go to your newspaper clipboard and replay all the missions, basically.

Actually it's pretty funny. Things such as - The gang going on about how their new place is shit even though it remains the upgraded version from later on.

Or:
    Zombie Carlos meeting regular Carlos

paradox.jpg

Adus on
    edited September 2009
    I meant more along the lines of having all three gangs back with their original territory, outside of missions. The newspaper missions just don't do it for me. And I'm not really in the mood to start an entirely new game and make the perfect save. :?

Voro on
    edited September 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    You can. Just go to your newspaper clipboard and replay all the missions, basically.

Actually it's pretty funny. Things such as - The gang going on about how their new place is shit even though it remains the upgraded version from later on.

Or:
    Zombie Carlos meeting regular Carlos

paradox.jpg

Holy fucking Paradox, batman.

Buttcleft on
    edited September 2009
    Mindstorm wrote: »
    So, can I get an invite to the PA Saint's Row 2 group?

"Mindstorm" should be my steam ID.

There are 27 Mindstorms on Steam. Would you link to your profile?

Or just enter Steam group chat. Anyone there should be able to give you an invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gentlemenoftherow

gotrchat.jpg

IdolNinja on
    edited September 2009
    Voro wrote: »
    I meant more along the lines of having all three gangs back with their original territory, outside of missions. The newspaper missions just don't do it for me. And I'm not really in the mood to start an entirely new game and make the perfect save. :?

I actually wish during the game that the gangs were actually at war with each other and territories changed ownership. Then the missions would be different based on who owned that territory at the time you attempted it. Granted, it would have meant a lot more work for the game designers, but eh, I think it'd make it more interesting. Also, defending your territory seems way too easy. Should have toughened that up a bit, and made it so that if you didn't win it back in a certain amount of time the other gang took ownership back, leaving you with doing some sort of generic mission to re-obtain it.

travathian on
  • NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's a damn shame this game doesn't have a 'keys to the city' style addon. I'd love to play through from the beginning with everything unlocked.

I wouldn't see the point. One of the problems with this game is that unlocking unlimited ammo with even just one firearm makes the game way too easy. I started a new game last night and within one session had unlimited pistol ammo, sprint, no fall damage, etc. With even just those three you are pretty much set for the rest of the game.

A lot of the other stuff is really just pointless (why bother with weapon store discounts when you can unlock unlimited ammo?).
    I actually wish during the game that the gangs were actually at war with each other and territories changed ownership. Then the missions would be different based on who owned that territory at the time you attempted it. Granted, it would have meant a lot more work for the game designers, but eh, I think it'd make it more interesting. Also, defending your territory seems way too easy. Should have toughened that up a bit, and made it so that if you didn't win it back in a certain amount of time the other gang took ownership back, leaving you with doing some sort of generic mission to re-obtain it.

Sounds a little too much like the gang war system in GTA: San Andreas ... which was just a huge pain in the ass. At least I thought so.
    One of the things I like about Saints Row 2 is that does make things pointlessly frustrating or annoying. No bullshit like girlfriends or having to exercise.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
    edited September 2009
    One of the things I like about Saints Row 2 is that does make things pointlessly frustrating or annoying. No bullshit like girlfriends or having to exercise.

This.. This is the reason I love this game so much. I haven't beat a GTA since Vice City but im close to beating this game, well the main missions anyway, ive never been much of a 100% type of guy.

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So anybody who missed out on the deal two weeks ago has another chance; Saint's Row 2 is back down to $5 this week.

http://www.direct2drive.com/2/6474/product/Buy-Saints-Row-2-Download

freakish light on
    edited September 2009
    NAND NOR wrote: »

I wouldn't see the point. One of the problems with this game is that unlocking unlimited ammo with even just one firearm makes the game way too easy.

Again, missions weren't really my concern. I just like having everything at my disposal when I want to fuck around, and I'd like the city to still be alive with other gangs at that point. But my wish has been granted and I have a second chance to do things right!
    So anybody who missed out on the deal two weeks ago has another chance; Saint's Row 2 is back down to $5 this week.

http://www.direct2drive.com/2/6474/product/Buy-Saints-Row-2-Download

Fuck yes! For $5 I can justify having 360 and PC. Also, for anyone else doing this, when it gets to the part that says:

Your Activation Key is: blahb-lahbl-ahbla-hblah-blahb

You can take that and enter it in Steam via the "Activate a product on Steam..."

Now I have to go dig through the official forums for some good slider settings.

Voro on
    edited September 2009
    Yeh, and a myriad of crossdressing, psycho freaks are waiting to help you with missions/activities if you need assistance.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
This discussion has been closed.