As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assholes at work

• Options
    soapofdurdensoapofdurden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Mother fuckers that fill my inbox full of worthless memos! I hate that shit. I don't need 8 fucking emails about how today is "waffle wednesday". No one wants your fucking toaster waffles, you cunts!

soapofdurden on
    Xbox Live: soapofdurden, Twitter!
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The Geek wrote: »
    Arsenic7 wrote: »
    Weaver, i would encourage you to request my services.

They have graced the posts of such forumers as:

The Geek
    Sami
    Smart Hero
    B.C.
    Potatoe

and, most recently,

Callius.

And, of course, myself!

Forget all those so called "ARTISTS!"

Wait, what are we talking about now? What did you do to my posts?

I made you an avatar!

You used it for a solid month.

SHEESH!

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Are we still talking about asshole coworkers?

Cause I got one who's crazy and an asshole.

I worked with this guy named Albert. Albert was a crazy son of a bitch who believed everyone in our department was out to get him. He constantly talked about how his reality is much, much different then ours, and even though what we may be saying might sound reasonable to us, to him it was being portrayed much, much differently.

One time I had to convince him to do his own work instead of coming in and helping me, because he didn't want us to run out of product. I literally spent 20 minutes convincing him that; A) we wouldn't run out of product B) If we ran out of product, and I had forced him not to help me, I wouldn't blame him and C) He himself, was running out of his product. Even thought I spent 20 minutes reassuring him that I wasn't going to blame him if we ran out, I still got the chickens out of the oven, and a new batch in by myself, without running out.

That doesn't really sound that crazy, or that assholish, but heres an asshole story about him.

A woman walks up to our department, the deli, with a package of hamburger meat that she bought the previous day. She explained to us that when she had opened it at home, she discovered a blackish, shell, maybe dead bug, thing in her meat. She simply brought it by to warn us that there might be others, and to get a refund from our customer service department. Both are very reasonable, and in the case of warning us, considerate, things to do. Well, unfortunately for her, the person to speak with her wasn't me, or my coworker Ian, it was Albert who answered the door. Once she had explained herself, he became aggitated. He started on the defensive, he claimed she should have taken pictures of it at home because we can't be sure she didn't put that in herself. Which in alberts world made perfect sense, because you can't just tamper with things before taking a picture of it, it just doesn't work that way. He then claimed she was trying to scam us, and that she should have left it at home. He repeated that a lot. I stepped in and guided her away from him, and started leading her to the meat manager. As we were approaching the meat department, he shows up behind us and starts screaming about how its not our fault and we're not liable. I turn to him and tell him to go back to work, and that I am handling it. I had been there for less then a year, yet I knew how to deal with a customer with a serious issue better then someone who had been there for 3 years.

Now heres his insane story that I heard second hand from my friend and coworker, who had it happen to him;

One day a bunch of the deli employees we're standing around in a circle talking. Albert and Ian were two of the group. Albert said something stupid, and being the kind, sensitive person Ian is, he called him a "Fucking reatard" infront of everyone. Everyone starts laughing and Albert turns a bright shade of red and strings together a line of profanities and storms out ouf the building. Doesn't bother to clock out, just yells, 'I quit!' to Ian as he leaves in tears, literally tears. Well, Ian thinks better of telling a manager that he declared he had quit, because he knew Albert just got emotional and would hopefully be back the following day. A few hours pass and our department gets a call. On one end is Ian, and on the other, is a very loud, very drunk, very tearful Albert exclaiming that they 'used to be friends' that he 'used to love him' and that he would infact be 'waiting outside with my gun for you after work'.

Well, that freaked Ian the fuck out, but he did nothing. He knew he was just drunk and that he was just blowing off a bunch of crazy gas. Sure enough Albert wasn't there, Ian didn't get shot, and for some reason, he decided again to not explain the situation to a manager. He was probably afraid it would get albert fired, and push him over the edge. Albert returns a couple days later and acts like nothing ever happened.

After hearing that story a bunch of things clicked into place. And then hearing him say things like, 'I'm going to kill you all' scared me. I told my manager nothing ever happened, and then I was fired.

One time he asked what I would do if I thought my GF was cheating, jokingly I responded, 'I'd kill the bitch'

'Oh, I thought of that, but I don't think I could get away with it.'

I nevoursly chuckled, but Alberts face didn't even twitch.

God I'm glad I got away from that guy before he fucking killed someone.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have a pretty shitty job, but everyone I work with is pretty awesome. Just yesterday I was complaining to my supervisor about how someone from a different department stole my favorite chair and he says "Well you could get here nice and early tomorrow and steal it back" At which point we just starred at eachother for a second before both cracking up laughing. We both no there's no way I'll ever get to work any earlier than 15 minutes late.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fuck awesome Fedora.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    He just needs a skullcap/beanie

Weaver on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I meet a lot of people going from store-to-store, and some of them are cool. Some just have issues (mainly at Safeways... something about corporate america that turns people into dour assholes).

Anyway, one Safeway in particular has this receiver who's very anal, and very rude, and extremely lazy. She's never at the office when I'm there--I have to have her paged, or try to look for her myself.

One day was killer. Since receiving ends at noon, I was there and ready to go by 11:35. She's not there. I have her paged, then paged again, then go to the front counter and see if she's there, then a third page. It's literally twenty minutes before she waddles her way into the back room, and then tells me that I "need to show up earlier."

I haven't ever gotten mad at my job until that point.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Since I only work on saturdays I'm only with this really nice sri-lankan woman named Saras

She's about 40 but she's really sassy and she's not afraid to let asshole customers have it

I love her

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Was it water form this type of waterspout?

DCIM101MSDCFDSC00148.jpg
    Yes that is alkaline salt
    Guess where I work

Brainleech on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    there is a sign in the bathroom stall that says THIS IS NOT A LIBRARY

i want to put a small shelf next to it with a few books with dewey decimal numbers on the spine and checkout cards on the inside

Knob on
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dogs I had to wake up at 6:30 today for a meeting at work. For a job that I have not yet had a paid shift for.

The only thing on is Lazy Town and all I can think of when I see the pink haired girl is that cake song.

matthias00 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Knob wrote: »

i want to put a small shelf next to it with a few books with dewey decimal numbers on the spine and checkout cards on the inside

There is a sign at work
    The Employee Bathroom is Closed due to excessive Vandalism
    They even put a lock and clasp on the door to keep people out.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man it is not natural to be up this early on Spring Break what the heck

matthias00 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »

There is a sign at work
    The Employee Bathroom is Closed due to excessive Vandalism
    They even put a lock and clasp on the door to keep people out.

anything clever?

or just stupid vandalism

(did anyone turn it into a library)

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Don't know the door is locked with a poorly written sign on the door.
    I never used the bathroom in that building so it just raised my curiosity what was in there.
    I can go on with all the rather dumb things people do at where I work.
    Setting fire to the magazines in the break room is just one of the many werid things they have done.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A homeless guy is living in the bathroom
    building fortifications
    out of poop
    and liquid soap

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    ThaoxThaox Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can't stand the people who take their job too seriously. For instance, I was in queue to use a computer at this internet point I was turned around talking to the guy behind me and had somehow stepped over this arbitrary piece of tape that was on the ground. The whore behind the counter starts bitching at me and tried to tell me to go to the back.

How does one become such an insufferable cunt.

Thaox on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    dude you stepped over the tape

you fuck with the bull

you get the horns

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    A homeless guy is living in the bathroom
    building fortifications
    out of poop
    and liquid soap

It could be a breeding ground for chud that is why they have the door locked.
    It could be where they store the zombie workforce.
    who knows?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I love having civilized co-workers.

Weaver on
  • Options
    SaphSaph Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    When I had work experience I was introduced to someone and when I shook his hand his hand was moist.

Saph on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    yes we get it weaver

you have a cushy job and don't work on weekends and make millions of dollars and go out to fancy lunches and you have a guy in a tuxedo to lay doilies down on the seat when you sit down to shit

Knob on
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My old head-teacher taught me how to shake hands correctly and how to spell diarrhoea. At the time it seemed really weird, but I can't think of any other time when someone has sat me down and taught me important facts of life without being payed to do so.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Knob keep going please I'm trying to remember what it is like dealing with an asshole.
    pfffft I know bonK is all heart

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    i am going to come to your job and drop a turn in the urinal

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ok I just remembered where all the assholes worked at. Microsoft. The parking garages. The garages would full up really fast in the mornings and often times instead of finding somewhere else to park people would just park in the middle of the lanes and eventually they would form a line of parked cars going down the lane, blocking in every car that was parked properly.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ugh Knob we have those waterless urinals that would be horrible yet easy for facilities to clean up

you'd be better off pissing all over the sink

or spill chili in someone's lab exmpirement

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    oh my god that is a great visual

dudes in labcoats and safety glasses all hunched over sensitive projects and glassware and such

and a dude comes rolling through just eating a big old bowl of chili

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    all leaning over

'hey what are you guys doi-'

and then ploooop

chili in the petri dish

Knob on
  • Options
    Solid_Snake-aSolid_Snake-a Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i think the worst thing ever was working part-time at a gas station when my boss told me she was sick of people filling their cars with fuel then driving off without paying for it so she had a cunning plan

the plan was to make every black person pay for the fuel first

white dude pulls up i just give him a knowing nod, anyone the wrong side of well-tanned shows up and i shout those motherfuckers in, take their money and only then do i activate the pump they're parked at

Solid_Snake-a on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    basically i think a laboratory is probably the funniest place you can eat chili in

in which you can eat chili

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    You got your chili in my RNA!

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That's in Monday for lunch I'm having a big ol' bowl of chili with some cornbread

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    basically i think a laboratory is probably the funniest place you can eat chili in

in which you can eat chili

To bad ours is locked off.
    you have to have one of the envio suits before you can enter the human side of it.

I made a fake looking dog's foot*and rubbed it into the sticky mats {the mats are there to remove any dirt you may have tracked in down the very long hall} they freaked out and searched for a dog for hours in the labyrinth of a lab.

I just made the paw to look like the print of a dog's paw; it took me several weeks.
    I know I do constructive things with my time.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Is your sticky mat a real asshole?

Weaver on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i think the worst thing ever was working part-time at a gas station when my boss told me she was sick of people filling their cars with fuel then driving off without paying for it so she had a cunning plan

the plan was to make every black person pay for the fuel first

white dude pulls up i just give him a knowing nod, anyone the wrong side of well-tanned shows up and i shout those motherfuckers in, take their money and only then do i activate the pump they're parked at

racist.gif

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I guess.
    it's intresting to see how much dirt there is after all the prep work you have to do in order to get into the hall onto the lab.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    MGS3-SSMGS3-SS Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The water fountain at my work is a real son of a bitch.

MGS3-SS on
    bf2.jpg
    ak4729xm.jpg
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fedora wrote: »
    Fedora I'm thinkin of makin a couple of Riddler shirts

any way I could get a full version of my sig?

Do want like, a couple of new Riddler sketches, or, just a bigger version of your sig?
    had to drive home so apologies for late reply

If it wasn't any trouble
    A couple of new sketches would KICK ASS

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    At my job, sometimes you can't finish preparing for the next day, so you leave it for the next person to do the next day. I would be more specific, but the details are boring. Usually, busy days are followed by non-busy days, so it works out well enough and noone cares if you didn't finish if it seems like you tried.
    One part of my job is collecting septic samples (from bottles left by people who dump porta potties and septics into our waste-water treatment system), logging in one "random" sample, and dumping the rest. The dumping takes maybe 5 minutes.
    The person who had my job the previous day obviously ran out of time, as there were all sorts of things that needed to be done in the morning. The thing that pissed me off is that the septic samples were left. Overnight. On the counter at room temperature. Oh god, that was awful.
    There are one or two really lazy people at my work, and they do these little things. There's one person who basically refuses to even learn one test to perform because she doesn't like it. Or one who conveniently runs out of time to do some nasty clean-up work almost every time she is supposed to do it. The job is working with poop water. If you can't handle it, get another job.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
This discussion has been closed.