As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DDO] Dungeons & Dragons Online - Want people to play with? Top of the OP for info

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Jeix wrote: »
    And you can't pick quest rewards from doing Misery Peak again.

This is a lie. If you haven't done it before you get the reward once no matter what.

This is what I'm saying. Once you do the Misery Peak quest and get your reward, that's it. You can't repeat the quest and expect to pick from that reward list again.

This is fact, as I've done this process a lot of times on many characters over the last week. Tried and tested.

Also I decided to give another purpose to the OP: there's a section at the top that notes what sales are going on with the DDO store.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you were talking about skipping korthos, not just leaving once you finished and then coming back. Oops.

Jeix on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Reiten wrote: »
    I could use some help with Pure paladin builds. I've looked but haven't seen many, usually they involve multi. Unless I could be looking for better sources...?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=198443

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=200549

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163077

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=135360

I run a pure paladin as well...currently L17 or 18. PM me if you have some specific questions.

Thanks I'll check these out.

Edit: dang, I like the dwarf loadout, but I already picked human. :(

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Greetings from Sorrowdusk Isle. Weather is here, wish you were beautiful.
    screenshot00003hh.th.jpg

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What's with the crown, Mord?

Henroid on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    General forums are a bitchfest. So, on par with WoW I guess...

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What's with the crown, Mord?

Mord is a pope.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Thanks I'll check these out.

Edit: dang, I like the dwarf loadout, but I already picked human. :(

Don't worry about it. Not a big difference. As human, you'll get an extra feat, so you can always take Khopesh which is a good DPS weapon. You won't get the Dwarven Axe enhancements, but the Khopesh has a better crit range, so it's very good.

Reiten on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mordrack wrote: »
    screenshot00003hh.th.jpg

Man I am going to work my ass off to get at least to level 9 or 10 tomorrow since I've got most of the day off. Sick of being behind everyone!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You're part of a randomly selected group of DDO Unlimited players that have been asked to participate in Turbine's Feedback Program.

...huh.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man this game is mad fun when played with friends. Especially when you are all a bunch of D&D nerds.

Also, if theres anything I've learned tonight, its that elf dance sucks, halfling dance rocks.

Foolish Chaos on
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hm, I must have missed your response Henroid.

No, I haven't played melee in comparison yet. I just have the impression that ranged combat is just...less effective.

Inx on
  • Fashionist PigFashionist Pig Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man this game is mad fun when played with friends. Especially when you are all a bunch of D&D nerds.

Also, if theres anything I've learned tonight, its that elf dance sucks, halfling dance rocks.

Break-dancing or anything near that dances are always the best in any MMO. Well actually, LOTRO had some pretty good dances. Other than that, break-dancing is the way to go. Human dance is pretty funny in D&D.

Fashionist Pig on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I poked out a build for my paladin, which still achieves what I had wanted to do anyhow only now I know how to do it and fix the flaws as best I can. I also found out I have to take up one of the faith followings and the advanced form in order to get Hunter of the Dead 3. It's all good though. It gets me the ability to exorcise extra-planar enemies the fuck off the world. And my attacks will have a chance to insta-gib undead.

Aside from that I should be able to throw out mildly decent heals with what spell power I have.

Edit - The insta-gib undead triggers on critical confirmations, so that'll be fun. What's better to support that, doubling the crit range via feat or getting the +4 confirmation on crit feat (I've never been fully clear on what that means)?

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    Mordrack wrote: »
    screenshot00003hh.th.jpg

Man I am going to work my ass off to get at least to level 9 or 10 tomorrow since I've got most of the day off. Sick of being behind everyone!

We dont have any 10's yet. I'm 2 ranks into 9, Mord is even further.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I poked out a build for my paladin, which still achieves what I had wanted to do anyhow only now I know how to do it and fix the flaws as best I can. I also found out I have to take up one of the faith followings and the advanced form in order to get Hunter of the Dead 3. It's all good though. It gets me the ability to exorcise extra-planar enemies the fuck off the world. And my attacks will have a chance to insta-gib undead.

Aside from that I should be able to throw out mildly decent heals with what spell power I have.

Edit - The insta-gib undead triggers on critical confirmations, so that'll be fun. What's better to support that, doubling the crit range via feat or getting the +4 confirmation on crit feat (I've never been fully clear on what that means)?

For citical hits, you first have to roll within your crit range ex: Longsword, 19-20 x2, then there's another roll, that if you hit the opponent with it, the damage is critically multiplied. 1 attack, but 2 rolls to make sure you hit them that hard. Personally, as a paladin with a good BAB, increasing the crit range would be better for you. You're going to hit, might as well increase the chance it's a crit and rely on your basic combat ability to carry it home.

Moridin889 on
    edited September 2009
    I like how paladin-ish my paladin looks in her full plate. I also like the fourth attack animation that sends her leaping in the air and off to the side.

ddopaliattack4.jpg

I also love how even removing the UI from the screen still includes your mouse-look target on the screen.

Edit - Using the middle mouse to capture screens from other angles while doing anything active is hard.

ddopalirun.jpg

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    I know thats my old sword, you're still using the armour i gave you too? Are you lvl 6 yet?

Elimination on
    edited September 2009
    Still reaching for rank 23, though I'm fairly close to it now. I've been slightly disheartened in playing a lot because of several things; first, content lockout that's prevalent at my level (like the Catacombs, damn). Second, the ability to solo drops substantially when you go from doing the harbor quests to... anywhere else. Even stuff in the harbor.

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    Some new sweet screen shots:
    ScreenShot00190.jpg
    Kanen Hightower chillin' with Cathal Fitzgerald the wizard in the tavern after an adventure.

ScreenShot00196.jpg
    The crew (Minus Shale, who hand't caught up yet.) just before going to to face a huge fire giant boss in Stormcleave.

ScreenShot00197.jpg
    The Lookouts: 1 Fire Giant King: 0

ScreenShot00198.jpg
    Stormcleave Fortress looming overhead.

Elimination on
    edited September 2009
    ScreenShot00190.jpg
    Kanen Hightower chillin' with Cathal Fitzgerald the wizard in the tavern after an adventure.

ScreenShot00196.jpg
    The crew (Minus Shale, who hand't caught up yet.) just before going to to face a huge fire giant boss in Stormcleave.

ScreenShot00197.jpg

ScreenShot00198.jpg

People should post screens more often I think, at least for the next short while. I'll be plucking them and adding the choice ones to the OP to show things off. Maybe we can arrange for a guild screenshot to fit at the top. :P

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    Still reaching for rank 23, though I'm fairly close to it now. I've been slightly disheartened in playing a lot because of several things; first, content lockout that's prevalent at my level (like the Catacombs, damn). Second, the ability to solo drops substantially when you go from doing the harbor quests to... anywhere else. Even stuff in the harbor.

This game is not a solo game. Its D&D and D&D is and always has been a social experience for everyone involved. This game is very much geared toward that same social experience, a couple of guys adventuring together in the evenings. Also i'm lvl 9 and i've yet to experience any serious content lockout that causes me not to enjoy the game or to have nothing at all to do. Granted i also enjoy repeating some adventures because they were fun the first time and i want to do them again but harder ect.

Content is now all on sale too which is cool, im gonna try to get a couple adventure packs tomorrow if i can manage it.

Elimination on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

This game is not a solo game. Its D&D and D&D is and always has been a social experience for everyone involved. This game is very much geared toward that same social experience, a couple of guys adventuring together in the evenings. Also i'm lvl 9 and i've yet to experience any serious content lockout that causes me not to enjoy the game or to have nothing at all to do. Granted i also enjoy repeating some adventures because they were fun the first time and i want to do them again but harder ect.

Content is now all on sale too which is cool, im gonna try to get a couple adventure packs tomorrow if i can manage it.

Yea, but sometimes no one from the guild is on, or the guild is already in its own groups... I know I've been frustrated when I have been on because for the most part, there's no one to group with around. :P

Also, fuck PUGs.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

The crit range feats are a must for melee. Pick whatever type of weapon you're using and get that feat. The crit confirm feat isn't worth it. If you're having problems confirming crits, get a weapon with seeker on it. At end game, most melee are using the Bloodstone, which is a rare trinket that drops in the Desert wilderness area which gives +6 Seeker on it. It helps confirm crits, but also adds to the damage before the crit multiplier is applied. Oh yeah, if you're using a crit based ability, pick a weapon with a big crit range (Scimitar or Kukri for one handed slashing, Falchion for two handed and Rapier for piercing).

Reiten on
    edited September 2009
    You don't get EXP based on how many kills you get in a dungeon, do you?

Foolish Chaos on
    edited September 2009
    Nope, but in wilderness areas they have the slayer quests that give exp at certain enemy kill milestones.

Jeix on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ooh, new thread. Been having fun so far, though I should probably group up more.

Zandracon on
    edited September 2009
    You don't get EXP based on how many kills you get in a dungeon, do you?

Technically you do. There are bonuses during quests that add to your exp total depending on how many of the enemies you kill. I think when you kill all present it's called conquest bonus. Before conquest is onslaught, which is a lower percent bonus, and before that is aggression.

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    Is it a huge bonus? I ask this because I'm currently playing a Cleric, whom is focusing on defense and spellcasting/healing. All of my spells so far are buffs or heals, and my melee and ranged attacks are weak.

Just want to make sure I'm not being overly penalized for being the healer.

Foolish Chaos on
    edited September 2009
    It is based on how many the party has killed, not you solo. Also, you get a bonus for smashing every object, disarming traps, and finding secret doors.

Jeix on
    edited September 2009
    ScreenShot00190.jpg

ScreenShot00196.jpg

ScreenShot00197.jpg

ScreenShot00198.jpg

That was a fun fight. Not when everyone died and I was stuck fighting the boss and all the minions though.. That was painful.

Oh damn though now I'm sad no one took a picture of me saving everyone from the dozen or so skeleton archers and then stopping to dance for a few seconds.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • IshbuIshbu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Some parts of this game are pretty fun, I really enjoyed the floor puzzle where you had to arrange the tracks of light. I'd never seen anything like that in an MMO before.

Ishbu on
    Play my game and serve beer to angry dwarves: The Tavern
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ishbu wrote: »
    Some parts of this game are pretty fun, I really enjoyed the floor puzzle where you had to arrange the tracks of light. I'd never seen anything like that in an MMO before.

Yeah it's fairly refreshing to have puzzles and such.

Only downside is that it takes a long time to download for me. Now that I've beaten the starting area I have to wait for the game to download stormreach (or maybe the whole game, not sure).

So far enjoying playing my cleric though :) From my random pugging and such, there don't seem to be many arcane spellcasters. So I might play a wizard or something a bit.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    edited September 2009
    Derrick wrote: »

So far enjoying playing my cleric though :) From my random pugging and such, there don't seem to be many arcane spellcasters. So I might play a wizard or something a bit.

Yeah I don't think I've ever been grouped with a wizard or sorc.... which seems strange.

Foolish Chaos on
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Myself and a friend of mine started playing on Cannith (Free Accounts) just yesterday.
    Level 2 Bard & Rogue (Panzey & Keredain, respectively)

As much fun as we're having, I have to ask, how bad is the content selection, post-Korthos?
    While I have no issues with re-subbing to DDO (Played off & on from Beta anyhow) there is a kind of appeal in trying to get it done without spending a dime, and without the high level characters to feed loot to my alts =P

Bloodshed on
    edited September 2009
    Bloodshed wrote: »
    Myself and a friend of mine started playing on Cannith (Free Accounts) just yesterday.
    Level 2 Bard & Rogue (Panzey & Keredain, respectively)

As much fun as we're having, I have to ask, how bad is the content selection, post-Korthos?
    While I have no issues with re-subbing to DDO (Played off & on from Beta anyhow) there is a kind of appeal in trying to get it done without spending a dime, and without the high level characters to feed loot to my alts =P

Pretty much all the guild is f2p. Occasionally we buy a zone but so far we haven't really done anything beyond the free stuff.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's good to know. I just pulled another friend into the game also...

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I posted this in the last thread, I'll put it here too. It has a lot of info about favor rewards & such, to help with getting through while buying as little as possible.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2396345

citizen059 on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Okay, this is pissing me off. Whenever I go to the server select all I see is that every server is Closed. I uninstalled the client and downloader and did a complete reinstall and I'm getting the same shit. What is going on?

A duck! on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think Irestone Islet makes people quit this game. I've played it 5 times in the past couple days, and everytime the party shrinks to 2 or 3 people.... Mid-quest

I mean, I'm good, but seriously.

Moridin889 on
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Irestone isn't that hard. Your party needs somebody with a high spot though, otherwise the sneaking patrols will rape your face. Plus it helps to clear the easternmost shrine first then sweep counterclockwise across the map.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png