As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect - Release date set for January 26, 2010. 29 January in Europa.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    She'll probably actually be tolerable in the game.

She's close enough to my facetious idea for a recruitable biotic serial killer for me to want to give her a chance.

Seriously on
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    you know when people tell hippies to get a haircut? How do you say the opposite?

Iriah on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can find the answer on Facebook page 2 on the right hand side.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait, how does 1/3rd of a swimsuit provide the same protection as full body armor plus helmet plus forcefields? Is the actual armor just for show?

BlueDestiny on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the tattoos are magical

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait, how does 1/3rd of a swimsuit provide the same protection as full body armor plus helmet plus forcefields? Is the actual armor just for show?

Woah there doggy, no one said it did. The game isn't even out yet.

Dragkonias on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Hey now... Leaping to conclusions is a time honoured internet tradition. Don't ruin that.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Hey now... Leaping to conclusions is a time honoured internet tradition. Don't ruin that.

Well, I would assume that if you're going to be fighting people with guns you would want to not die the second your magic tattoo shields fail.

BlueDestiny on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I bet you can't put any armor on her.

BlackDove on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hope we see a return of Wrex as leader of new Krogan nation, Garrus recently elevated to Specter status and Liara running around a lab somewhere remote. Depending on choices of course.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I hope we see a return of Wrex as leader of new Krogan nation, Garrus recently elevated to Specter status and Liara running around a lab somewhere remote. Depending on choices of course.

So you want the KoTOR ending?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just hope "She's exactly what I'm looking for" is just a dialogue option, and that there is a "Hey...I'm going to go stand over there. Away from her, whilst not offering her a job"option at that point as well.

Darlan on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Darlan wrote: »
    I just hope "She's exactly what I'm looking for" is just a dialogue option, and that there is a "Hey...I'm going to go stand over there. Away from her, whilst not offering her a job" is another at that point.

I'm hoping there is a renegade option to have the medical staff secretly give her medication for her problems.

Couscous on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    I just hope "She's exactly what I'm looking for" is just a dialogue option, and that there is a "Hey...I'm going to go stand over there. Away from her, whilst not offering her a job" is another at that point.

I'm hoping there is a renegade option to have the medical staff secretly give her medication for her problems.

That might depend if Space Ritalin is as easy to get as Medi-gel was...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I did the Tower manually last night, just for S's and G's, and I'll tell you, it's just as quick as pressing the 100 omni-gel button.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Subject Zero looks like a chick you'd expect to see playing at a Roller Derby game. But more edgy.

Havelock on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Havelock wrote: »
    Subject Zero looks like a chick you'd expect to see playing at a Roller Derby game. But more edgy.

Zero G Roller Derby confirmed?

SkutSkut on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    deowolf wrote: »
    I did the Tower manually last night, just for S's and G's, and I'll tell you, it's just as quick as pressing the 100 omni-gel button.

YOU LIE!

BlackDove on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If Nipples McGee is a romance option, I can only imagine the destruction that the bed would suffer.

Buttcleft on
    edited September 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    If Nipples McGee is a romance option, I can only imagine the destruction that the bed would suffer.

Future beds are probably designed to withstand Krogan sex so it should be a-ok.

Couscous on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You know with all these personalized melee options your teammates have I hope Shepard has some himself/herself.

GoW curbstomp on downed opponents anyone?

Dragkonias on
    edited September 2009
    What is happening to my Bioware RPGs?

:cry:

Darlan on
    edited September 2009
    What is happening to my Bioware RPGs?

:cry:

Really, guy. Get over it. Can't say I need or care for elitism.

Dragkonias on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    gentlemen there must be a compromise

surely the curbstomp can be a renegade action, like punching the reporter, or blocking wrex on facebook

Nuzak on
    edited September 2009
    Well, at least I'm not using the phrase "I don't need or care for this" to describe my annoyance. Talk about elitism!

Darlan on
    edited September 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »

surely the curbstomp can be a renegade action, like punching the reporter, or blocking wrex on facebook

What would the paragon option be? Helping him back up and explaining why he should be good?

Couscous on
    edited September 2009

What would the paragon option be? Helping him back up and explaining why he should be good?

A pat on the shoulder and a "You did your best."

Dragkonias on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Future beds are probably designed to withstand Krogan sex so it should be a-ok.

I just had a bad image of Shep x Wrex come into my head.

For this, you must die.

Buttcleft on
    edited September 2009

All right, I'll admit that's pretty good.

I hate the direction ME2 and Dragon Age are going, but I suppose I'll just have to acknowledge that some things just aren't for me and let people have their fun. Less RPG goodness, more money saved I guess.

Darlan on
    edited September 2009
    'Darker and Edgier' is an epithet.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited September 2009

I looked at "Dark and Edgier" as the current buzzword among game developers.

Just like the word "Immersion" was a few years ago.

Though I can't wait for a game that's so dark and so edgy, that you can't see anything but there is danger everywhere(in the way of pointy objects).

Darkenshit: The Edge of Darkness

PS3/360 2010

Dragkonias on
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i finally just watched this and i too add my vote for this to be the end credits theme.

http://www.yooouuutuuube.com/v/?rows=18&cols=18&id=zSgiXGELjbc&startZoom=1

Deaderinred on
    edited September 2009

I looked at "Dark and Edgier" as the current buzzword among game developers.

Just like the word "Immersion" was a few years ago.

Though I can't wait for a game that's so dark and so edgy, that you can't see anything but there is danger everywhere(in the way of pointy objects).

Darkenshit: The Edge of Darkness

PS3/360 2010
    Ow. I tried to back down, okay?

Nintendo's going after their blue ocean, Bioware's going after their red ocean, and here I am back on the beach, glaring and throwing coconuts at errant swimmers.

Darlan on
    edited September 2009
    i finally just watched this and i too add my vote for this to be the end credits theme.

http://www.yooouuutuuube.com/v/?rows=18&cols=18&id=zSgiXGELjbc&startZoom=1

That song is so catchy...I mean first time I heard it I didn't care for it. But I listened to it again and I was like "Woah."

Dragkonias on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What happens when Wrex fights Subject Zero?

The universe implodes.

The_Scarab on
    edited September 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    What happens when Wrex fights Subject Zero?

The universe implodes.

I myself have a theory that the Big Bang occurred when Wrex's quads collided with Miranda's chest.

Dragkonias on
    edited September 2009
    Who is Miranda?

The_Scarab on
    edited September 2009
    Oh, right. Tits McGee.

The_Scarab on
  • JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

All right, I'll admit that's pretty good.

I hate the direction ME2 and Dragon Age are going.

Don't think that's what being shown in the marketing stuff as the full extent of the game.

They're trying to sell the game to people who aren't already sold on Bioware games and showing bits like this is just one way of doing it.

Plus a lot of the other stuff is really boring to watch.
    Endless dialogue trees are like golf, some people might like to watch it, but it puts the vast majority of people asleep unless they're actually playing the game themselves.

Juc on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If we count in the Clint Eastwood Salarian and your two starting partners, that leaves us, according to that list, with 3 as of yet unmentioned party NPCs. Any takers on what it's gonna be?

Shouldn't it be 4 people we don't know about yet?

Subject Zero, Thane, and Grunt have had character videos. Tits McGee and the other guy from the demo make 5. Clint Eastwood makes 6, and there are a total of 10 slots in the roster we've seen. Is there someone else I'm forgetting?

werehippy on