As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assholes at work

123457»

• gruggrug Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    To bad ours is locked off.
    you have to have one of the envio suits before you can enter the human side of it.

I made a fake looking dog's foot*and rubbed it into the sticky mats {the mats are there to remove any dirt you may have tracked in down the very long hall} they freaked out and searched for a dog for hours in the labyrinth of a lab.

I just made the paw to look like the print of a dog's paw; it took me several weeks.
    I know I do constructive things with my time.
    hey look at you go, a liar or a total fuckhead.
    Tossrock wrote: »
    racist.gif
    look at you go, a fucking year old gif.

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    grug wrote: »
    racist.gif

A year? I think you are underestimating severely here

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    grug wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    To bad ours is locked off.
    you have to have one of the envio suits before you can enter the human side of it.

I made a fake looking dog's foot*and rubbed it into the sticky mats {the mats are there to remove any dirt you may have tracked in down the very long hall} they freaked out and searched for a dog for hours in the labyrinth of a lab.

I just made the paw to look like the print of a dog's paw; it took me several weeks.
    I know I do constructive things with my time.
    hey look at you go, a liar or a total fuckhead.
    racist.gif

Loot at you go, an internet elitist. Your mother must be proud.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I know my mom is only proud when I am a humble internet helper

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • falling_stonefalling_stone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ok. I'll bite.
    This one is rather disgusting though.

I work at a company (worked, just quit this week) where many of my coworkers are of the muslim/indian persuasion...or something.

Anyway. I worked for this company for a long time, and sometimes when I went to the think tank there would be a cup of water resting next to the toilet. I didn't really think anything about it at first. But then, as time went on the cup would keep appearing. This disturbed me as I'm sure it would anyone.
    So I asked my good friend about the weird occurences.

Apparently.
    Due to the weird belief structure of some of my coworkers, they don't believe in toilet paper perse, but believe in using the "dirty hand" to flush the detritus from their asses. Thats right, the cup was the reservoir for their impromptu bidet (a.k.a the ass wash extravaganza)

Then if I saw the cup, I chose another stall.

ugh.

falling_stone on
    This sig is too small - Elki :P
    snowfalling.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    ok. I'll bite.
    This one is rather disgusting though.

I work at a company (worked, just quit this week) where many of my coworkers are of the muslim/indian persuasion...or something.

Anyway. I worked for this company for a long time, and sometimes when I went to the think tank there would be a cup of water resting next to the toilet. I didn't really think anything about it at first. But then, as time went on the cup would keep appearing. This disturbed me as I'm sure it would anyone.
    So I asked my good friend about the weird occurences.

Apparently.
    Due to the weird belief structure of some of my coworkers, they don't believe in toilet paper perse, but believe in using the "dirty hand" to flush the detritus from their asses. Thats right, the cup was the reservoir for their impromptu bidet (a.k.a the ass wash extravaganza)

Then if I saw the cup, I chose another stall.

ugh.

I use the three seashells.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    he sells sea shells down by the sea shore

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    The Geek wrote: »

I use the three seashells.

:lol:

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    he sells sea shells down by the sea shore

but he only ever has three in stock, so people wait in line for days to get their hands on one.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Actually in relation to the thread, I just got back from my break and a guy I work with had drawn a big penis on a piece of paper and wrote "Penis for Seven!" on it and left it on my computer, so I made him a thank you note that's a giant picture of the dancing dong and wrote "Thanks for the Donger!!!" in big fancy letters around it.

comedy gold.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • YourBuddyYourBuddy Registered User regular
    I lost my job (got packaged out) because of assholes at work. Can someone help me, but first, this is what happened:

After identifying and presenting significant non-compliance findings to the management team that the Supervisor was unable to find last year, the Supervisor's hockey buddy and the team leader started harassing me. The hockey player and team leader came to my office one day and drew a picture on my whiteboard of a hockey picture with everyone in the department on one side of the ice and me on the other. He labeled everyone’s names on the picture and drew a line of me skating pass the manager, supervisor and explained that if I tried passing the hockey player to score on their net that the hockey player would come and body check me to the ground. I asked if I can show the Supervisor this picture. The hockey player and team leader said sure. I went to the washroom to recover after this and when I came back to my office I saw the hockey player in my office and he had added a puddle of blood and "zzz" next to me in the drawing. When I showed the Supervisor this drawing I also ask him if he agreed with this picture. The supervisor said "yes and the department manager would agree as well".

This reached HR and the Team Leader was let go. The Supervisor and hockey player made my life miserable after that day. On one occasion the Supervisor invited me to a one on one meeting in a closed door board room to yell at me. He explained that he and the department Manager got their wrist slapped by upper management, and that I am putting his family and career in jeopardy for addressing harassment in the workplace. He also mentioned that he wished I would quit my job and that he was going to pile the work on me from that point forward because he thinks "I don't get it". Funny thing is I met all his deadlines, identified even more opportunities, and addressed more risk exposed in the department. I came in weekends and worked 10+ hours to get things done because he made getting information very difficult. But I did it, I met the targets and then some.

Regardless of the results I was producing the environment grew increasingly hostile. I also did not know what to do about the Supervisor and hockey player's ongoing acts of intimidation and harassment. For example, the hockey player brought his hockey sticks/equipment to work one day and he slapped my ankle with the sticks when I passed him in the hallway. I also notice that he would bang on the side of my office walls when he walked pass my office. When I brought this up to the Supervisor he alleged that someone saw me bumping into the hockey player and that no one saw the hockey player slap my ankle.

I wanted to quit my job at that time because I was clearly being tagged teamed by these assholes. However, I hanged tough because I found more significant errors in the department and I ranked addressing these issues ahead of myself. I think I was hoping that someone in the company, perhaps the department manager, would recognize my integrity and work ethics and they would do something about these assholes. When the manager of the department finally got involved, he came to my office and asked if I was happy at the company? I said I was happy with my work and the value it has created for the shareholders. Shortly after this meeting, I got packaged out and was provided with some free service from a HR consulting firm to help find my next job placement. I'm so shocked at the company's decision. Is the management team blind to all this? Btw, I’m a visible minority in this department of a large cap publicly traded oil and gas company.

Can someone help me because I'm losing sleep over this? I’ve never felt discrimination and prejudice of this magnitude in my life?

1) Should I accept the severance package? 2) Was I just unlucky with this department and can I assume adults at other companies will behave more professionally?3) What do I tell the interviewers when they ask me about this company and about the people there? Should I tell them the truth?4) Do you think the manager was in on this from the very beginning?5) Was this discrimination, harassment or just professional jealously?6) What do I need to do to ensure that this never happens to me again?Thank you in advance for the advice

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    After identifying and presenting significant non-compliance findings to the management team that the Supervisor was unable to find last year,

what do you mean by this

Skull Man on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    it sure is!

simpler times

edited November 2011
    also yeah this would probably go better in the job thread that is not older than a presidential term

Skull Man on
    Skull Man wrote:
    also yeah this would probably go better in the job thread that is not older than a presidential term

Technically this would probably go better as a thread in H/A

I'm always glad when necrothreads contain none of my old posts because ugh puke

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    goddamn

this is old

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    There is a girl here that uses the communal scrub brush to clean her fish bowl every week.

I started bringing my own.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Wait. What the fuck is going on here.

My phone didnt tell me this was old as fuck.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I was looking at names and seeing manifest and starfuck and wondering what the hell was going on

oh right, 2007

• Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    So, normally patients in our office are decent folk, and sometimes they are not so decent, but every once and a while we get a visit from the lowest lying bottom feeder.

Like the patient who pisses all over the bathroom because you weren't wiling to commit a brazen act of insurance fraud to save them thirty-five fucking dollars.

Or the racist asshole patient who calls up spewing racial slurs about our Mexican employee, threatening to picket the office because of a balance on their account of twenty dollars.

Or the Nazi.

Actually, the Nazi's pretty well behaved, but still, you know... awkward.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    wow this is an old thread

felt weird when I started reading it because I know I read something exactly like this back when I lurked and oh yup same thread

@YourBuddy Unfortunately there's probably a lot of details in your story you left out but that seems like an absurd amount of harrassment. I can't believe you didn't try going over your boss' head about this stuff, especially the hockey stick incident. Some employeers are not going to care how great your work is but holy shit if they're going to get sued to high hell then they will do something.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    emily told me that someone at her job told someone else "hey you should watch breaking bad it's awesome" and then proceeded to tell the person every major plot point of all four seasons

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    well now she can just jump right in with season 5! :rotate:

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    emily told me that someone at her job told someone else "hey you should watch breaking bad it's awesome" and then proceeded to tell the person every major plot point of all four seasons

Justifiable homicide.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I got to page 3 before I realized this is a thread from the aughts.

YourBuddy: it sounds like you have enough dirt on them to sue the pants off your former employer for harassment! You should maybe look into that!

sig.gif
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Weaver wrote: »
    How about put a sign on the microwave asking people not to leave while warming stuff up and to please mind the smells?

Did that 4 months ago.

Also emails

A memo

People are inconsiderate jackholes who are too important to not burn food or spill coffee all over the place and leave it, cup and all.

if they leave it unattended toss that shit in the garbage

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    If it's been unattended for 4 years and Hunter still works next to that microwave somebody should check he didn't just die there from intoxication.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.