As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone Hide! Mustang is in the [CHAT]!

• Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If only there was an easier way to talk.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    Charis wrote: »
    We're sitting like, three effing feet away from each other.

I'm glad the reality of this situation is actually as absurd as I imagined it being.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wouldn't have it any other way.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm glad the reality of this situation is actually as absurd as I imagined it being.

We aim to please.

Charis on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    there is only nodding allowed in that room, any sound will cause everything to shatter

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    I swear Toronto has some of the best city environments ever.

I didn't know you were from Toronto, Godfather.

I'm not.

I'm from Texas, but came up here to get me some of that art schoolin' on the cheap.

Plus Houston is pretty boring most of the year.

Ah, what art school do you go to?

MTM animation school, but all the second/third year students call it Studio M, because that's what it was originally called and it sounds more professional.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    there is only nodding allowed in that room, any sound will cause everything to shatter

Nah. It's just more fun to debate over the internet. Hell, the reason I'm so sparse around the chat is because I make snarky comments while Charis is reading it and then don't feel obligated to actually proclaim them through the preferred medium 'round these parts.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    sparse sparse

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We A.I.M. to please.

What I immediately read.

Flay on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, I've been flat out today. Being busy is a foreign concept to my soft pasty lazy exterior...I think I need to have a nap.

Mustang on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Damn, this is pretty slick
    attachment.php?attachmentid=317565&stc=1&d=1204648649

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Damn, this is pretty slick
    snip

Looks like somebody on the internet likes Phil Hale.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Goddamn, there is a living mouse in one of our sticky traps.

Charis on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kill it or free it.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Obviously the thing to do is for you and Radar to try to one up each other with practical jokes involving the unexpected appearance of a live, wild mouse.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Good news! There is nothing wrong with my cintiq.

Bad news! My graphics card no longer supports dual monitors because one of the ports is broken.

rts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It wasn't really unexpected. We've had a mouse problem for over a week now that we've been aware of. And they've been running about uninhibited for the last couple of days. As in, I moved all of our Ramen (which they seem to love to get into) and chips one night, and two mice jumped out from behind the foodstuffs and dashed under our fridge. And then tonight they were romping around our living room. The one that got caught fell into this trap we had under our couch after we scared it. Which, I personally don't like the sticky traps. They're rather cruel... but so far, out of poison, spinning, insta-kill traps, and the sticky ones, the last is the only one to have been effective. What irony.
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Good news! There is nothing wrong with my cintiq.

Bad news! My graphics card no longer supports dual monitors because one of the ports is broken.

That sucks, dude.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Obviously the thing to do is for me to try to come up with practical jokes involving the unexpected appearance of a live, wild chinchilla(=Loom).

FIXED.

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    oh my god my mind is scarred now why did I click that spoiler

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    no_toast wrote: »
    Obviously the thing to do is for me to try to come up with practical jokes involving the unexpected appearance of a live, wild chinchilla(=Loom).

FIXED.

This loses its shock value pretty quick.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What are you talking about, Loom?

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ac conteasttt challenge

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ...oh...

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I always imagined it as being one computer with two different browser windows open. the two of them taking turns.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    oh my god my mind is scarred now why did I click that spoiler

I lolled

Charis on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I always imagined it as being one computer with two different browser windows open. the two of them taking turns.

No way, dog. We met over the internet. We needed to own at least two computers for that.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Phew! Done with the first part of the first skill test in the EA class! I think I spent too much time on the thumbnails, but I don't know. I will find out on Friday how they think we did with our time management. A lot of the extra time was spent cleaning and organizing the thumbs, and getting the presentation solid. Anyway! WooWoo!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What's this now? EA class?

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Argh, and re-reading the brief...aaaugh oh god I don't know what to do...

I followed the brief from EA, and figured I did a good job with what they asked from us. Verbally, the professor gave us [instructions? suggestions?] on how to lay out our roughs and references on each page. I didn't follow that 100%, because I thought it was kind of a "here's an option for you" and not a "everybody do this". Also, I asked him a simple question through email, and his reply either meant he misread what I'd asked, or that his suggestions in class were suggestions, and not requirements, as I had originally thought (because what he says in the email to me conflicts with what he told us in class).

I'm supposed to email these guys *tonight*, and at the latest, before 9am tomorrow (Monday). The roughs are laid out, they look nice, I don't want to spend another hour re-arranging everything...and based on my personal research, the layout and content should be okay. But fuuuuuuuck if they're not this could really fuck me over. I think. I always expect the worse...but I don't want to expect the worse in this class. D:

(also I'm not under NDA yet, we're working on a make-believe thing, doing logo designs for it).

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I guess I have to go with what I have. I hope I can sleep within the next hour, rather than have 8 consecutive heart attacks.

I also need to remember that while this class is very important, RIGHT NOW, this quarter, this year....in the grand scheme of things if I fucked up a tiny bit of this section of one-of-five projects in this class, it is not the end of the world or of my life, eh? Look at me bein' all reasonable right thur.

Man I need to calm down. Freakin' out. augh augh

NightDragon on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    whuh?

PROX on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hey ND I hear your crazy

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Radar6590 wrote: »

EA's got a pretty new "program"(?) with my school...where a class is held each quarter, consisting of a small handful students, who get to be given assignments from EA dudes, who then critique said assignments. We have to keep up a running email dialogue with an art director and two senior concept artists from EA Tiburon, showing them our work and making sure they like what they see. The class consists of four "skill tests" - graphic design (this one), environment design, character design, and industrial design. Then there's a collaborative project that we get divided into groups for.

It's pretty awesome and will be insanely intense. Also, they'll be giving us harsh-as-hell critiques, which I am ecstatic about. Them's a rare breed of critique in the Illustration Dept., especially.

We have the option of listing the class as an internship on our resumes...and if the EA guys like what they see (for the work we will be doing under NDA's), they can purchase it from us........and if they really, really like us overall, there's a small chance that a job may result at the end of it all.........so, it's pretty cool and intense!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hey ND I hear your crazy

I do not possess a crazy anything, and even if I did, you have not made any full statement about it one way or another, so I have nothing to really say about it. You should really provide your sentences with the adequate number of subjects, Loom.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    are you trying to tell me my mother is fat

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Radar6590 wrote: »

EA's got a pretty new "program"(?) with my school...where a class is held each quarter, consisting of a small handful students, who get to be given assignments from EA dudes, who then critique said assignments. We have to keep up a running email dialogue with an art director and two senior concept artists from EA Tiburon, showing them our work and making sure they like what they see. The class consists of four "skill tests" - graphic design (this one), environment design, character design, and industrial design. Then there's a collaborative project that we get divided into groups for.

It's pretty awesome and will be insanely intense. Also, they'll be giving us harsh-as-hell critiques, which I am ecstatic about. Them's a rare breed of critique in the Illustration Dept., especially.

We have the option of listing the class as an internship on our resumes...and if the EA guys like what they see (for the work we will be doing under NDA's), they can purchase it from us........and if they really, really like us overall, there's a small chance that a job may result at the end of it all.........so, it's pretty cool and intense!

HUZZAH for the shopkeep.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's just a class.

rts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Only 1 minute into Temple of Doom and Kate Capshaw is already annoying the shit out of me.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    is that some sort of game

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fuck you Chase!

rts on