As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unsubscribing from Live Gold?

Nohbody8Nohbody8 Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Games and Technology
I'm sure this thread will inspire many ugly remarks as to why any one would do it but times are tough and money's tight so please keep those comments to yourself. I have tried looking for how to do this several times and nothing jumps out at me. How do I unsubscribe so I can save some money?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "We're the middle children of history, man."
Nohbody8 on

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    xbox.com/accounts should have a place to unsubscribe

otherwise, give a call on the support line.
    Contact Xbox Support

If you were not able to find the support you need on our Web site, you can contact Xbox Support.
    Hours of operation

Phone assistance is available seven days a week.

* 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
    * 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Phone numbers

* Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX
    * Direct dial: (425) 635-7180
    * Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102

Dehumanized on
  • AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Isn't it a yearly payment?
    Or is this a month to month thing you have goin' on?
    I didn't know they had month to month if that's the case.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nohbody8 wrote: »
    I'm sure this thread will inspire many ugly remarks as to why any one would do it but times are tough and money's tight so please keep those comments to yourself. I have tried looking for how to do this several times and nothing jumps out at me. How do I unsubscribe so I can save some money?

Go to http://www.xbox.com and log in with your Live account credentials.

Click your gamertag name when it appears at the top of the xbox.com page's login info, then when you get to the My Account page, click on Contact Information (Near your Avatar), then find the "Membership Level" link on the left hand side. Somewhere in there there should be "Auto Renew: ON" click that, and you should get some option to turn it off, complete with a nag page begging you to keep it on.

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2009
    they do have month to month, but it is idiotic to pay for it that way (3-4 months can buy a one year sub off ebay).

but just use what dehumanized posted, and all will be well.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Nohbody8Nohbody8 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My bank account thanks all of you.

Nohbody8 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "We're the middle children of history, man."
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's like the Mafia, you only leave in a body bag.

Or after talking to an Indian guy for about an hour.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm psyched to see they changed it to allow you to not auto-renew. I hated having to call to get it turned off.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ditto. Thanks for this - just reminded me I needed to cancel now I no longer own a 360. Seems to have worked. Fingers crossed!

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Here's an ugly remark: Microsoft are a bunch of fucking crooks for making you jump through crazy hoops to unsubscribe from Live Gold or to remove a credit card number from the dashboard.

Maybe that's a strong word, but the way they set this up is really shady as hell.

Daedalus on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is why I subscribe and buy points only through prepaid cards.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Daedalus wrote: »

Here's an ugly remark: Microsoft are a bunch of fucking crooks for making you jump through crazy hoops to unsubscribe from Live Gold or to remove a credit card number from the dashboard.

Maybe that's a strong word, but the way they set this up is really shady as hell.

It was even worse a few months ago when there wasn't even an option to deactivate Auto Renew online; you had to call them, sit through all of "Max's" bullshit, then bitch at an Indian trying to talk you out of it until they finally turned it off.

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png