As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of Carrot Flowers

1495051525355»

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    I don't like the Vatican either by the way, it's the worst thing to happen to Christianity since the coliseum.
    But still.

The worst thing to happen to Christianity is Jesus Christ. There, I said it.

that was so inflammatory that it went beyond being inflammatory and was just kinda funny.

Well he's right, Jesus was such a dick we nailed him to a cross and stabbed him.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Another thing that isn't a religious based niggle I have.

I lived with someone for three years in University, and I ended up hating them, for the first year we were best friends but as soon as we were in the same house properly I ended up hating his guts like you wouldn't imagine. This is unnecessary information I know, but it's part of the story.

This person, last black friday, was beaten up by someone he started a fight with, and in the process of the fight took quite a nasty knock to the head. As a result of this he had brain swelling, was admitted to hospital unconcious and has long term memory loss encompassing his entire life, but he can form new memories since the accident perfectly. He can still talk and is the same person I have been told, but he doesn't remember anything. (He still knows how to eat and hold a knife and fork and do reflex things like that, but no memory).

Every now and again he has to have things explained to him, and one of them was: This is what a passport is.

Now, the reason I get niggled is because I realised how astounding his response was. He could not for the life of him understand why we need passports, even on multiple discussions about it. He answered that why would he need a piece of paper/card/whatever, and to be checked by a government and series of other people, and for them to then figure out if he is allowed to walk from one piece of land to another. It baffles the fucking hell out of me also to be honest, as why the hell should other people be allowed to deny me the right to move from one piece of land to another, on the planet on which I inhabit!

Johannen on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher I am going to need all of your stuff please.

I don't have much stuffs.

Also I have a new goal in life to aquire a priceless object and deny joh from ever seeing it.

maybe we can go halvsies. I don't even care if I ever see it. I just want to keep Joh from seeing it.

I got like 20 bucks, we'll have to go to mexico and see what "priceless" artifacts are up for sale.

I got some Nutella on toast here that looks like Jesus. I know it's Nutella but I'll..... I'll....

*nom nom nom*

Nevermind.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    We can probably just buy mexico.

I was going to ask what we'd do with all the mexicans, but then I remembered california.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Are you sure there are stately homes that must give access to the house (rather than the grounds) that have no financial or long standing arrangement with local councils or the heritage organisations and that are purely private property? The only places I've visited, which admittedly is not many, all had some sort of arrangement of that kind.

Also - Alpha is terrible - I got tricked into going to it once by a lecturer - was one of the strangest nights of my life - basically a bunch of retired couples trying to convince 4 of us that the Anglicans were the Answer over dinner in a pub. I've also met the guy who was the leading light (apparently) behind Alpha - seems nice enough I guess

Yeah, it's more de facto than de jure. If you are spectacularly wealthy you could spend the vast amount of money required to maintain the property and just put up with the inspections.

japan on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    The most depressing part of visiting the Vatican is the vast number of sculptures vandalised by a previous Pope.

Removed the dicks right?

Yeah, Pius IX (thank wiki).

Every. Single. Sculpture. Vandalised.

If I was pope I'd pull some equally hilarious and at the same time equally depressing stunt. Like for instance, ordering a redecoration for the sistine chapel, complete with a new sunroof.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    God Johannen I really kinda hate you right now. I mean, I'll get over it, but you're just being..kinda childish.

Ludious on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the absolute worst christian (well, aside from an evangelical) is a butthurt christian

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Johannen wrote: »
    Why Johan? What gives you that right? Is it owned by the public? Does the public pay taxes (Donations are not taxes) for them?

I'm sorry. I get what you're saying, but what you're suggesting would set a terrifying precedent.

The Vatican is very different from say a castle. These people are also making more money than any other group on the planet, and yet they donate only a small part of that amount. They have artefacts and items worth unbelieveable sums, and yet they choose to live in decadence (spel?) instead of helping other people as they preach.

Soooooo

we should strip property away from people who are dicks. Gotcha.
    Paging Orwell, Paging Dr. Orwell.

You know that's not what I mean and you're actually making up what I mean with no link to anything I said.

If I told you I had found the Higgs Boson and had proof of its existence locked in my basement do you think it would be right for me to stop you seeing it? I would be hindering technological progress, among general progress horrifically.

Johannen on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    the absolute worst christian (well, aside from an evangelical) is a butthurt christian

that goes for atheist just as easily though, to be fair.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

well, maybe if his butt hurt because he spent the whole day shitting on children

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

that goes for people just as easily though, to be fair.

I mean seriously.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yami you have given me an intense and terrible longing for nutella just now

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009

Well, good luck. It's certainly one of the cooler megaproject concepts.

Honk, what should I have the GCS children be called? Spiderlings? Spawn?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Another thing that isn't a religious based niggle I have.

I lived with someone for three years in University, and I ended up hating them, for the first year we were best friends but as soon as we were in the same house properly I ended up hating his guts like you wouldn't imagine. This is unnecessary information I know, but it's part of the story.

This person, last black friday, was beaten up by someone he started a fight with, and in the process of the fight took quite a nasty knock to the head. As a result of this he had brain swelling, was admitted to hospital unconcious and has long term memory loss encompassing his entire life, but he can form new memories since the accident perfectly. He can still talk and is the same person I have been told, but he doesn't remember anything. (He still knows how to eat and hold a knife and fork and do reflex things like that, but no memory).

Every now and again he has to have things explained to him, and one of them was: This is what a passport is.

Now, the reason I get niggled is because I realised how astounding his response was. He could not for the life of him understand why we need passports, even on multiple discussions about it. He answered that why would he need a piece of paper/card/whatever, and to be checked by a government and series of other people, and for them to then figure out if he is allowed to walk from one piece of land to another. It baffles the fucking hell out of me also to be honest, as why the hell should other people be allowed to deny me the right to move from one piece of land to another, on the planet on which I inhabit!

Interesting what people fix on - I am just surprised he has such a robust definition of his 'rights' given the circumstances

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited September 2009

what is there for me to get butthurt about?

OH GOSH SCIENCE ISN'T PERFECT

YOU GOT ME THURRR

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Why Johan? What gives you that right? Is it owned by the public? Does the public pay taxes (Donations are not taxes) for them?

I'm sorry. I get what you're saying, but what you're suggesting would set a terrifying precedent.

The Vatican is very different from say a castle. These people are also making more money than any other group on the planet, and yet they donate only a small part of that amount. They have artefacts and items worth unbelieveable sums, and yet they choose to live in decadence (spel?) instead of helping other people as they preach.

Soooooo

we should strip property away from people who are dicks. Gotcha.
    Paging Orwell, Paging Dr. Orwell.

You know that's not what I mean and you're actually making up what I mean with no link to anything I said.

If I told you I had found the Higgs Boson and had proof of its existence locked in my basement do you think it would be right for me to stop you seeing it? I would be hindering technological progress, among general progress horrifically.

if -I- found the higgs boson I would harness it for myself and be the only person who could sell technology based on it within the limits of the law, and I'd delay sharing that knowledge with the outside world for as long as possible, yes.

But that gets into monopoly practices and etc. Unfortunately. If I could get away with never revealing the magic trick, of COURSE I wouldn't.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    There is no Higgs Boson. I ate it.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    God Johannen I really kinda hate you right now. I mean, I'll get over it, but you're just being..kinda childish.

I don't see how, you just don't like the fact that I am showing a Utopian view of how I think society should work because it's completely improbable that we will ever get there. Just because it's near impossible to live in a perfect society doesn't mean we shouldn't try to. Me questioning why countries are treated like private clubs for which you need a membership, over being pieces of land on a planet, shouldn't be a bad thing and I don't think it's childish.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

YOU GOT ME THURRR

No, getting butthurt about Christians getting butthurt, and etc. Come on Mikeman, look at hippie.

Ludious on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Texas currently has the third-highest teen birth rate in the country and “the highest rate of repeat teen births.” It also leads the nation in the amount of government money it spends on abstinence-only education. But some school districts in the state are now shifting away from that approach, admitting that it isn’t working:

“We mainly did it because of our pregnancy rate,” said Whitney Self, lead teacher for health and physical education at the Hays Consolidated Independent School District. “We don’t think abstinence-only is working.” [...]

Both approaches to sex education teach that refraining from sexual activity is the safest choice for teens.

But abstinence-only gives limited information about contraceptives and condoms and tends to downplay their effectiveness, while abstinence-plus stresses the importance of using such protection if teens are sexually active.

Medical experts have stated concluded that not only do abstinence-only programs not curb teen pregnancy, but “there is evidence to suggest that some of these programs are even harmful and have negative consequences by not providing adequate information for those teens who do become sexually active.”

no shit, sherlock

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What in the five fires is gossip? Is it a band I mean there is this huge fat emo chick and her like string beans next to her.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I don't see how, you just don't like the fact that I am showing a Utopian view of how I think society should work because it's completely improbable that we will ever get there. Just because it's near impossible to live in a perfect society doesn't mean we shouldn't try to. Me questioning why countries are treated like private clubs for which you need a membership, over being pieces of land on a planet, shouldn't be a bad thing and I don't think it's childish.

Getting angry that you don't like in a Utopia is silly and a waste of time.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

YOU GOT ME THURRR

No, getting butthurt about Christians getting butthurt, and etc. Come on Mikeman, look at hippie.
    stop hurting my butt, asshole

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Spiderlings is cuter, seeing as they're to become pets/livestock you should go with the cuter name! Spawn would work if they were to be hostile to you, I think.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

They have hemrhoid cream for that now.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Spiderlings is cuter, seeing as they're to become pets/livestock you should go with the cuter name! Spawn would work if they were to be hostile to you, I think.

That's a good point. Anyway, spiderling is the correct term according to Wikipedia and some other site.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

This seems overly cynical, in a "Why care about anything, ever" kind of way.

japan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

they do?

PA-RAAAAISE SCIENCE!

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Really? When you can see people actively hindering progress towards a Utopian/Ideal society it's wrong to become worked up about it and question it? Really?

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

they do?

PA-RAAAAISE SCIENCE!

It's not like medical science and the church are at odds. I mean when the pope gets ill they don't just pray for him to get better...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    215536307_vRSjE-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.