As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] New Calculator w/ Regional Prices (Page 98)

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Steam has been messed up since I went to IE8. Like it doesn't remember that I'm logged in and in the store it refuses to let me past age checks.

Anyone else hit this behavior?

EDIT to avoid double post:

Can I get an invite to the penny arcade steam group? Steam Id is Fantastic Damage.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    HOLY CRAP!

Bridge Construction Set!

Ahh the memories...

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Steam has been messed up since I went to IE8. Like it doesn't remember that I'm logged in and in the store it refuses to let me past age checks.

Can I get an invite to the penny arcade steam group? Steam Id is Fantastic Damage.

Sent, although to be honest, we never actually use it for anything. Like ever.

subedii on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    subedii wrote: »

Sent, although to be honest, we never actually use it for anything. Like ever.

maybe we should put that in the OP, right next to where it tells people which games can be registered on steam. Because surely that'd mean that no one will ever ask about it :P

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Someone help.

I love TF2.

The game got updated a while ago and I turned on steam. It downloaded for like 2 minutes then just goes to "Download starting..."

I got pissed after restarting steam a hundred times and deleting the client blob and so i deleted the entired tf2 and tried to start downloading it again.

it still says "download starting"

AGRHG

Sueve on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd go for offline mode - online mode switches and changing download server.

Should that fail I would send Gabe a very angry letter.

Alegis on
    edited September 2009
    ugh whats his email address

Sueve on
  • ZombierasputinZombierasputin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Zombierasputin on
    edited September 2009
    no way

Sueve on
  • ZombierasputinZombierasputin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sueve wrote: »
    no way
    i'm speakin only the truth, son.

Zombierasputin on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would assume Gabe has more important things to do than play customer support for every steam user.

Bruce Forsyth on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    august on
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GabeN@valvesoftware.com

I've heard of people sending e-mails to Gabe's address and getting back responses from other Valve employees like Chet. I assume it acts like a company wide e-mail address.

Tertiee on
    edited September 2009
    Sueve wrote: »
    Someone help.

I love TF2.

The game got updated a while ago and I turned on steam. It downloaded for like 2 minutes then just goes to "Download starting..."

I got pissed after restarting steam a hundred times and deleting the client blob and so i deleted the entired tf2 and tried to start downloading it again.

it still says "download starting"

AGRHG

I often get this when downloading a game, but it's actually downloading in the background and only says it's starting the download. Could that be the case with you?

It usually fixes itself after a few minutes, but not always IIRC.

subedii on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can also double click the game and if it's not actually done it'll come up with a window telling you how long it should take to finish downloading.

MrDelish on
    edited September 2009
    ^Yeah that too. If either of those aren't the case, then next step is Tech support I guess.

subedii on
  • SamuelsonSamuelson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Whoa, whoa,whoa, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is on sale for 5$ now, I was just going out to buy that today. Unfortunately it says it's only available in the US and Mexico and other countries I don't live in, any way to bypass this?

Samuelson on
    edited September 2009
    Samuelson wrote: »
    Whoa, whoa,whoa, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is on sale for 5$ now, I was just going out to buy that today. Unfortunately it says it's only available in the US and Mexico and other countries I don't live in, any way to bypass this?

Unless you've got a US credit card and address, your only other option is to have someone stateside gift it to you and either pay them back or gift them something else back in return.

subedii on
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009

I hate it when this happens. They should just have cross the board pricing.

Sadly, I thought stalker sucked donkey balls.

psychotix on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    True story:
    On facebook, a guy called "Gabe Newell" added me as a friend. He even had a picture of Gabe as his profile pic.

They then invited me to an event called "Sleepover". Location: My Pants.

I don't think that was the real Gabe Newell.

LewieP on
  • SamuelsonSamuelson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    True story:
    On facebook, a guy called "Gabe Newell" added me as a friend. He even had a picture of Gabe as his profile pic.

I don't think it was the real Gabe either, but you should go to that sleepover just in case it is :winky:

Samuelson on
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tertiee wrote: »
    GabeN@valvesoftware.com

I've heard of people sending e-mails to Gabe's address and getting back responses from other Valve employees like Chet. I assume it acts like a company wide e-mail address.

I was listening to one of the commentaries once and my girlfriend said, "Did he say his email address is Gay Ben???"

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    True story:

Oh, Gabe, you card!

Xtarath on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I sent him an email once telling him he should watch Firefly and he said he had seen Firefly and liked Firefly.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    well what about serenity

the people must know, tycho, whether or not gabe liked serenity
    WAAAAAASH

freakish light on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    psychotix wrote: »

I hate it when this happens. They should just have cross the board pricing.

Sadly, I thought stalker sucked donkey balls.

You suck donkey balls!!!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    True story:

Why do the best things happen to LewieP?

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    True story:

Well, Gabe is flying out to LaCabra's house. Although I'm not sure that they specified it was actually going to be a sleepover, or in fact, in his pants.

subedii on
  • RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gabe told me the first thing he's going to do when he gets to Australia is "regret."

Remington on
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    subedii wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    True story:

Well, Gabe is flying out to LaCabra's house. Although I'm not sure that they specified it was actually going to be a sleepover, or in fact, in his pants.

That announcement was on the Penny Arcade group. I found it very entertaining. I wouldn't say the Steam group is COMPLETELY worthless... Just mostly worthless.

Shens on
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I bought L4D last Saturday and now it's 15$ cheaper. D:

Is there any way Valve would refund that 15$ or am I outta luck?

Lost Canuck on
    QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    LewieP, can you show us your mom, please.

JJ on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

chances are no

but i mean, it wouldn't cost you more money to shoot them off an e-mail if you wanted to try

Dehumanized on
  • LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How long does it typically take Steam to get back to a user in regards to an account password reset? I...might actually explode if I can't give Crash Coarse a whirl tonight.

Litany on
    Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany
  • stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Unless they've changed their password retrieval system, you can go back to an old email and use the same number as the last time you forgot your password (unless you never have before).

stigweard on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

chances are no

but i mean, it wouldn't cost you more money to shoot them off an e-mail if you wanted to try

they did it for me when The Witcher went on sale the day after I bought it

it can't hurt to try

freakish light on
  • LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    stigweard wrote: »
    Unless they've changed their password retrieval system, you can go back to an old email and use the same number as the last time you forgot your password (unless you never have before).

First time occurrence, and the answer to "My Favourite Team" isn't my favourite team. I've been at this for a good five hours...

Litany on
    Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OP is out of date because Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are on Steam. :)

Steam is both awesome and dangerous. Way too easy to spend money when you get instant gratification.

Nova_C on
  • CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Litany wrote: »
    stigweard wrote: »

First time occurrence, and the answer to "My Favourite Team" isn't my favourite team. I've been at this for a good five hours...

Someone hacked my Steam account and changed all of the details, and I couldn't get my password back. I don't think I ever even tried getting it reset, though. I just bought a new account.

Centipeed on
This discussion has been closed.