As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assignable receiver inputs?

Nohbody8Nohbody8 Registered User regular
Finally have a chance this weekend to hook up all of my electronics and I've got a question I've always had regarding my Sony receiver. It's an STR-K7000 and my problem is with the supposed "assignable" inputs. On the back, there is an outline surrounding a component DVD video and video 2 input. At the same time, there is an HDMI input labeled video 2. Additionally, there is a component output to the monitor right next to the component video 2 input. What I thought I could do was input my 360 into the HDMI input (and on towards the TV with another HDMI) and my PS2 into the component input (and on towards the TV with the monitor out component output right next to it) and the receiver would output whatever one was on at the time or I'd be able to switch back and forth if they were both on. Neither of those scenarios occurred. Also, I noticed when I was turning the input nob looking for the PS2, there's a video 3 but no output on the back of the receiver for it. I can only assume that it has something to do with the "assignable" input. Any help?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "We're the middle children of history, man."
Nohbody8 on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Stuff like this is usually done within the receivers menu system. Do you have the remote?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I do have the remote.

Nohbody8 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    FINALLY managed to figure this out on my own. It was more my own lack of thought put into the problem than Sony's minimally descriptive manual's fault.

Nohbody8 on
  • Options
    ZellZell Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've seen video3 refer to the front input before.

Zell on