As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Obsidian Spur -We've got the best Heals Anywhere!- (Sargeras US)

WulfWulf Disciple of TzeentchThe Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
osnakedtaurendancewall5d.jpg

Who are the Spurs? Why we're not only the hot step-ingest country line dance troupe this side of the Mason-Dickson line, but the oldest PA related Horde guild out there! Why does this matter? Well, we have a guild tabard and a guild ban... *cough* Woops, it appears as though we've been near too many trade chat spamming guilds lately! Anyhow, Obsidian Spur is a group of motivated, awesome people, who love to crack wise about mothers and beat the ever loving crap out of raid bosses, Alliance players, small fuzzy seals, and gnomes... especially gnomes... we give out GKP!

20080916maface.png
(Oh god, double points for this one!)

We’re looking to not only help ease returning players back into WoW before Cataclysm in a PA friendly environment, but we also would like a shot of fresh players to make our community larger and more social. We currently have a core group of raiders and only do 10-mans with their respective hardmodes, so if you're also in that situation, you're welcome to join us and venture into the future of WoW. Ideally we'd like to get back into 25-mans as well. If you're interested in doing any raiding, let us know - we need a few fun, consistent people. Even if you're not into raiding, we're still interested in having more people around to chat with and bolster guild numbers.

Our long and epic history stems back to the start of WoW (literally) where we got into a friendly rivalry with our sister PA guild - Cardboard Tube Samurai. Sadly, they weren’t long for this world, and they shortly thereafter petered out. Yet we still soldier on, through the thick and thin to beat new content against all odds. Thanks to everyone who has remained fiercely loyal to the guild and what it stands for. It truly means everything. Another big thanks to all the cool people we've met in other small Sargeras guilds - you're awesome to raid and PvP with.

So, are you a bad enough dude to take a Rag punt, or hoof a naked tauren from Mulgore to Black Rock Depths? Are you smug enough to trick gnomes into flagging and punting them into the next zone? Can you beat the cheese-whiz out of Arthas? If so, you should probably join us for some fun and conversation - we’ll rule Azeroth with an obsidian grip and smack people with our dicks.

So, in parting...
osbanner.jpg

Contact Wretchedmist,Weerea,Cobalthoof, or anyone with the <Obsidian Spur> tag on the Sargeras US server

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
Wulf on

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can vouch for these guys. They are full of awesome.
    Why I ain't a Spur? Oh, currently on wedding hiatus. I'm still not sure I'll resub anytime soon. Maybe in a month?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was in this guild for a hot minute before my friends all convinced me to reroll alliance with them.

Ah the old days. /tear

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Derrick wrote: »
    I was in this guild for a hot minute before my friends all convinced me to reroll alliance with them.

Ah the old days. /tear

Friends don't like friends roll alliance. :)

OS gooooooo.

LockeCole on
    edited September 2009
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Derrick wrote: »

Ah the old days. /tear

Friends don't like friends roll alliance. :)

OS gooooooo.

This. If you check my sig, my stupid DK friend convinced me to betray the horde with my warrior. At least my paladin wasn't faction switched.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was a Paladin in CTS back in the day (Walt) before I joined Divine Vigilance. I recently faction xferred my DK to Sargeras Horde and am no longer casual mccasualpants casualton like I was since 2.1, so I will be seeing you fine gentlemen around. Walt the Paladin is still around too, in shiny new Blood Elf form. Character name is Waltasaurus.

Walt on
  • Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How close are you to 25 ToC/ony? Hardmodes im not really worried about (for now), but my current guild clears toc10 in 50 minutes, One shotted Onyxia (not like thats hard) and we clear the 25 man content weekly etc... But the raid leader is a nerd rage asswipe who i usually want to strangle.

And what times would you be raiding?

Ninja edit:

Is Gerisse/Metank with you guys?

Wicked Uncle Ernie on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    omg its still going on

Kai_San on
    edited September 2009
    How close are you to 25 ToC/ony? Hardmodes im not really worried about (for now), but my current guild clears toc10 in 50 minutes, One shotted Onyxia (not like thats hard) and we clear the 25 man content weekly etc... But the raid leader is a nerd rage asswipe who i usually want to strangle.

Currently we raid 10 mans on Wed/Thur 7:30ish server and 25 Man ToC on Sunday 5:00 server - We actually do 25 ToC/Ony/Vault now, its just that I have to find pugs/other guilds that we know to fill in some of the extra spots, and I'd rather be gearing guildies.

Ninja edit:

Ninja Reply:

Yeah, we picked up Gerisse after the last 25man ToC.

LockeCole on
  • Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Currently we raid 10 mans on Wed/Thur 7:30ish server and 25 Man ToC on Sunday 5:00 server - We actually do 25 ToC/Ony/Vault now, its just that I have to find pugs/other guilds that we know to fill in some of the extra spots, and I'd rather be gearing guildies.

Ninja edit:

Ninja Reply:

Oh, crappy, i cant raid at those time. Gerisse is a good guy, i ran with him a bit in xLR.

Ninja Edit the second: Lol, i just inspected you in Org.

Wicked Uncle Ernie on
    edited September 2009

Ninja edit:

Ninja Reply:

Oh, crappy, i cant raid at those time. Gerisse is a good guy, i ran with him a bit in xLR.

Ninja Edit the second: Lol, i just inspected you in Org.

Doh!

LockeCole on
    edited September 2009
    Oh, 7.30ish server? Well, maybe I could work something out with my wife...It'll be a while before I sub back tho. I assume a whisper will do?

lionheart_m on
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, /whisper any of the three people in the OP would be the best method of getting ahold of us. Oh, and when I say server time for raids Sargeras is on central time for anyone who is thinking about transferring.

LockeCole on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OS. Past, Present and Future.
    GNOMES.jpg
    deadingy.jpg
    kingy.jpg
    hawt.jpg

projectmayhem on
    edited September 2009
    im sad you dont have any old sses of me deca :(

Kai_San on
    edited September 2009
    Kai_San wrote: »
    im sad you dont have any old sses of me deca :(

That was all I had on my photobucket. I had tons and tons on my old computer though :(

projectmayhem on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nice to see some interest :)

Just a reminder, Fridays are Free Gnome Nugget days. Don't ask where we got them though, you really don't want to know!

Wulf on
    edited September 2009
    Oh Kahz.
    WOW2.jpg

projectmayhem on
  • LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Much props to OS. If my friends and I hadn't formed a guild on Sarg day one I would've been in OS. Frayed > Mors Mortis > Fenrir for me though. I used to run heroics with you quite a few of you guys in TBC days. Where's that fool Harrogar?

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
    edited September 2009
    I am making a mad dash (read: slow for WoW nerds) to 80 so I can shower you all with blessings and touch you with my Hands.

Walt on
    edited September 2009
    Hey man, you can touch me... :winky:

Wulf on
    edited September 2009
    I put on my plate robe and plate wizard hat...

Walt on
    edited September 2009
    Walt wrote: »

You don't want to tough dhav, you don't know where he's been!

LockeCole on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Would OS be interested in a wiley veteran who has tanked for like, 7 years and finally wants to dps on his warrior (me), a devout holy paladin (my girlfriend), and a paladin with a spec identity crisis (our friend)?

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited October 2009
    Nax wrote: »
    Would OS be interested in a wiley veteran who has tanked for like, 7 years and finally wants to dps on his warrior (me), a devout holy paladin (my girlfriend), and a paladin with a spec identity crisis (our friend)?

The more the merrier - give me a yell in game sometime.

LockeCole on
    edited October 2009

Hes been in new jersey, which is plenty of reason not to touch him anyway

Kai_San on
    edited October 2009

Hes been in new jersey, which is plenty of reason not to touch him anyway

Good point

LockeCole on
    edited October 2009
    Dont worry, I am all good for the touching.

projectmayhem on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, I got my wife playing.

A year ago when we played, I was a pally and she was a mage

We started back up, both made druids. She was balance, im feral.

She fell in love with WSG

And, like on most servers, the alliance on Kirin Tor suck at the whole PvP thing.

So we're looking at rolling on sargeras.

Do you guys have any needs / preferences in classes or professions? Were still way on the fence as to what to roll. Shes leaning torwards a caster, in which case i'd probably go something heavier so we arent fighting for cloth. Maybe shaman.

Are shaman good?

CangoFett on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    This guild had the shittiest officers.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited October 2009
    CangoFett wrote: »
    So, I got my wife playing.

A year ago when we played, I was a pally and she was a mage

We started back up, both made druids. She was balance, im feral.

She fell in love with WSG

And, like on most servers, the alliance on Kirin Tor suck at the whole PvP thing.

So we're looking at rolling on sargeras.

Do you guys have any needs / preferences in classes or professions? Were still way on the fence as to what to roll. Shes leaning torwards a caster, in which case i'd probably go something heavier so we arent fighting for cloth. Maybe shaman.

Are shaman good?

Shaman are good - personally I'd like to see more ranged DPS (for the love of God, somebody find me a boomkin!) But ultimately I'd prefer having people playing a class they want to play than olololol RAID COMP!!!11!.

LockeCole on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have a boomkin....

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wow, OS huh?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited October 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    This guild has my ranch.

projectmayhem on
  • AbbigaleAbbigale Registered User new member
    edited October 2009
    It has been a long time, my friends.

And no other guild has ever had what Obsidian Spur had.

Abbigale on
    edited October 2009
    Abbigale wrote: »

:P We're always here. Like Ronald McDonald. D:

Wulf on
  • AbbigaleAbbigale Registered User new member
    edited October 2009
    Wulf wrote: »
    Abbigale wrote: »

:P We're always here. Like Ronald McDonald. D:

Damn straight. Obsidian Spur is like my childhood, which is a messed up place to develop; actually.

Erinyes taught me everything I know about being a rogue, and if I ever have to do another Blackrock Depths Shanker run, I will drown myself in a bathtub full of ranch.

Good memories though, Gnome Kill Points (Which was one of the best ideas ever), Dhavlesh having full Scarlet Monstary Gear, rerolling alliance and getting smashed while doing quests in Westfall. The first time we downed Ragnaros, forging 3 friggin Sulfuras's (so many damn Arcanite bars). Farming Tubers, making fun of Clawshrimpy... Harrogar ('nough said) Pretty sure I had a crush on Atmosphera, and Rhyma will forever be The Man. Beating the hell outta Cardboard Tube Samurai, people getting High Warlord. I have a ton of chat logs and Screenshots on my old hardrive, really need to resurrect those

Damn... Good times, of course we forget the vast majority of the cockmongering and asshatery, but hell; that is Obsidian Spur.

And so besides coming in here and vomiting memories everywhere, I will probably be returning to the game around the time of Cataclysm; College takes too much time for me to climb into bed with WoW immediately. I do have 3 80's though, a shaman, Paladin, and a rogue.

Also, I think I was in 8th grade when I was in Obsidian Spur, so I apologize for those of you original members who had to deal with me. I look back and /facepalm over a lot of my comments.

Shorthand is for heathens!

Abbigale on
    edited October 2009
    Fuck, I was like 22 in the beginning and I facepalm over half the shit I said.

Kai_San on
    edited October 2009

There are still some four armed green trannies waiting for you man!:winky:

Wulf on
    edited October 2009

I have to say, I've gotten less emo as time raged on. Then again still having any emo at 21 is silly.

projectmayhem on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    You've blossomed into a scraggly hipster. We're so proud.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png