As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: Empire at War Mod?

HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
edited September 2009 in Games and Technology
Hey guys,

I remember reading a thread a while ago where someone mentioned there being a really good mod for Star Wars: Empire at War (and possibly its expansion) that really improved gameplay.

My forum searching skills are woefully lacking it seems. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here?

camo_sig2.png
Heir on

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I haven't played EAW in ages but I think I used Ultimate Empire At War a lot back in the day. You can probably find what you're looking for on that site somewhere.

I used z3r0x's FoC Addon a lot as well and ended up liking it more. Building massive Golan III defense platforms is good fun.

Strikor on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm not sure, but I think it was in the fake xwing/tie fighter announcement thread.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The uninstall wizard?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Absolute Corruption. I remembered someone saying it required the Forces of Corruption expansion pack, which made it easier to search for:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=11150494&postcount=375
    Archonex wrote:
    Do yourself a favor if you got Empire at War, and pick up the Absolute Corruption mod. It makes it more then worth playing.

The number of new, highly detailed units alone (something like 200, I think. They basically added every possible unit, hero, and ship from that era in, for the three factions.), along with the complete retooling of ground and space combat mechanics, makes it highly entertaining. Population limits were increased massively, and the game's been retooled to allow for massive fights. It's not uncommon to see up to fifty wings of fighters, and twenty-five wings of bombers, on each side later on, nevermind the capital ships.

It also adds in entirely new types, and tiers of units. For example, Battlecruisers are a tier of ship that are roughly the size of a space station. Flagships, like the Eclipse (A unit that can only be built once.), are roughly 1/15th the size of the entire map. You can have multiple flagships in a fight, on both sides, as well.

It also rewards strategic thinking, since most of the really good units require control of a specific planet. The Maw (The area in space with all the black holes.), for example, can have a secret installation built there, if you're the Imperials, allowing you to get access to all sorts of top secret projects, like the TIE Phantom.

I'm currently playing through as the Imperials, who have access to all sorts of crazy units if they strategize right. Right now I just finished building the Eclipse, and am currently rampaging along the southern outer rim, with Palpatine and Vader sitting cozy on the Death Star MK2 at Coruscant, which, itself, is surrounded by five Star Destroyer MK3's, a small fleet of TIE Defenders and Avenger's, and two Pellaon MK2 class Battlecruisers.

I've lost days to that mod.

Orogogus on