As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Slasher films

RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Halloween is nigh! I require quality (read crappy) slasher films. I love them. Teenagers in the dumbest situations that just get murdered by a crazed killer.

Last night I watched Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 on Fearnet On Demand and this got me in the mood for Halloween. It had everything.

Terrible acting? Check.
Boobs? Check.
Cheesy one liners? Check.
Odd deaths? Check.
Tons of blood? Check.

Am I missing anything?

Boobs? I think I said boobs...

So yeah, movies like this get me going. Other movies I can recall off the top of my head that I enjoyed:

Happy Birthday to Me
Drive-Thru
Tamara

Then of course I love the classics. Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

So I'm going to need some recommendations. For those that also have Fearnet On Demand, recommend some that are currently on there if you can. Finding DVDs of certain movies can be a task in futility on occasion.

steam_sig.png
Ryadic on

• Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    came in here to mention sleepaway camp

and I know nothing about Fearnet, but one my crew loved years ago was "Evil Ed"

should fit into what you've been looking for.

not slasher, but Tokyo Gore Police has enough wacky fucked up shit to keep anyone entertained. a must watch.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Actually we just had a thread on this very subject. There should be some quality picks in there for you but there are a few non-slasher films in there as well.

Nobody on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Killer Clowns From Outer Space

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    came in here to mention sleepaway camp

That's funny. I had no idea that these films were so well known. I just kind of watched it on a whim last night browsing through Fearnet on demand. Sounded pretty awesome and goddammit, it was.
    Nobody wrote: »
    Actually we just had a thread on this very subject. There should be some quality picks in there for you but there are a few non-slasher films in there as well.

Awesome. I looked through the first few pages thinking someone may have a similar idea to me, but damn that's all the way back on page 8. Some good suggestions on there that I think I'll need to check out.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Puppet Master series (about puppets not the Puppetmasters alien bodysnatching type thing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4waZA3OJX5I

(PS all the puppet masters rock except maybe like. Retro Puppetmaster or anything they've come out with since. But this is just the first ones trailer, all the ones after this become more typical slashery)

I'm assuming you've seen all the terrible Friday the 13ths and what not.

How about Leprechaun? I also enjoy Wishmaster. These are not stereotypical "slasher" but they fit it enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdUKkxYzXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJgl3uoxXc0 Tons of kill spoilers afoot

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Reservoir AngelReservoir Angel __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Gingerdead man 1 and 2!

I was gonna suggest Drive-Thru but you've already seen it. (that is the one with the murderous clown mascot right?)

Reservoir Angel on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Gingerdead man 1 and 2!

I was gonna suggest Drive-Thru but you've already seen it. (that is the one with the murderous clown mascot right?)

Yes, Horny the Clown.

Gingerdead man just sounds like it fits what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Gingerdead man 1 and 2!

Yes, Horny the Clown.

Gingerdead man just sounds like it fits what I'm looking for. Thanks.
    You're very welcome.

And yeah Drive-Thru rocks so hard

Reservoir Angel on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Honestly, once you've seen Sleepaway Camp 3 you're on the way down. Nothing will ever be as good as Pamela Springsteen running over an old woman's head with a lawnmower or performing amazingly bad rap.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Have you seen Dead Alive aka Braindead? It's more of a zombie movie, but it hits pretty much everything you are looking for and includes some of the most memorable lines I've ever encountered.

EDIT: Well, it's one line, and it has more to do with the character saying it.

Nobody on
  • Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Scream was pretty much a spoof horror movie, and has the big name stars to make it bearable for the general public.

1ddqd on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    May is obscure enough that you might not have heard of it.

[URL=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qv38cYbcq0&feature=related"[/URL]

Shitty trailer, unfortunately.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Motel Hell!

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Scream Bloody Murder (2003)

It might be hard to find but it is so worth it if you can appreciate an awful film that tries to be a funny parody but is crushed beneath the weight of its own awfulness.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've always preferred Zombie movies for halloween viewing, but then again, I tend to prefer zombie movies over most other horror films anyways. A run through of Night of the Living Dead,Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead can never go wrong.

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hatchet - Kane Hodder absolutely kills it in this great slasher film. Also keep an eye out for a few Horror Legends making cameos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C33S_cqiJ8

Laid to Rest - Lots of intresting kill gags in this one. Pretty good movie too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6rtXAqfSa0

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    See No Evil! I'm not sure if it's technically a slasher film, but it's full of ironic deaths like one of those teenage girls that's always on the phone getting a phone shoved down her throat.

The premise itself is bad, but the lumbering, awful performance of WWE superstar Glenn Jacobs (a.k.a 'Kane') as he tries to act makes it crumble to dust beneath it's own shitness.

Reservoir Angel on