As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DDO] Dungeons & Dragons Online - Want people to play with? Top of the OP for info

• HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just downloaded this and made a Cleric. Seems pretty good.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Do +SP items not stack? A friend of mine playing a wizard has like 6 items which give +SP, though he isn't getting the right number

Foolish Chaos on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Do +SP items not stack? A friend of mine playing a wizard has like 6 items which give +SP, though he isn't getting the right number

They do not stack. Only the highest one is counted. It's very frustrating, since I have so much redundant gear.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    For spell points, Wizardry, Power and Magi do not stack.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Wizardy?useskin=sparseman

Reiten on
    edited September 2009
    korodullin wrote: »
    Well what about the damage and crit% enhancements? I have no issue rejiggering the build to be more support and CC rather than straight pew pew, but I just don't know what to enhance for.

You'll probably want to get the Fire/Cold damage and Fire/Cold crit enhancements . For most arcane casters, those are their primary damage spells. You'll want the INT enhancements as you get them. Since you have the Toughness feat, get the HP as you can. You'll also want the spell pen enhancements. That should get you started.

btw, rather than Enlarge, I'd take Insightful Reflexes.

Reiten on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just got an awesome critical error trying to login in.

SEVER CONNECTION FAILED
    SERVER FULL

Awesome!

Henroid on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just got an awesome critical error trying to login in.

SEVER CONNECTION FAILED
    SERVER FULL

Awesome!

It's not an error; the server was full. You just have to keep trying.

A duck! on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No no it came up as a windows error, like with the red circle and X and all.

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, that's just what it does from what I've seen. The game needs an actual queue system.

A duck! on
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Yeah, that's just what it does from what I've seen. The game needs an actual queue system.

Odd, I played in the morning one day and had to wait in a queue. It even said my spot in line and estimated the time it would be for me to come into the server.

JJ on
    edited September 2009
    JJ wrote: »

Odd, I played in the morning one day and had to wait in a queue. It even said my spot in line and estimated the time it would be for me to come into the server.

Well.....fuck you then. :x

I'm kinda annoyed at what you need to do to get 32 attribute points at character creation. You have to get 1750 renown, and then you can't even benefit from it unless you make a second character. What a policy.

A duck! on
    edited September 2009
    I'm kinda annoyed at what you need to do to get 32 attribute points at character creation. You have to get 1750 renown, and then you can't even benefit from it unless you make a second character. What a policy.

It's not as big a deal as it seems. Many players have 28 pt builds at endgame and have no problems. I've run my own original 28pt build through most of the content in the game without problems. The biggest issue is my original mistakes in design rather than 28 vs 32 pts. Remember that Drow, available at 400 favor (simple to get) or purchasable, are effectively a 32 pt base.

I suspect they'll eventually add it to the store for a significant amount of Turbine Points, and the long term vets will scream bloody murder since they had to do it the hard way. On the other hand, it's really just part of the grind that comprises all MMO to a greater or lesser extent.

Reiten on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Reiten wrote: »

It's not as big a deal as it seems. Many players have 28 pt builds at endgame and have no problems. I've run my own original 28pt build through most of the content in the game without problems. The biggest issue is my original mistakes in design rather than 28 vs 32 pts. Remember that Drow, available at 400 favor (simple to get) or purchasable, are effectively a 32 pt base.

I suspect they'll eventually add it to the store for a significant amount of Turbine Points, and the long term vets will scream bloody murder since they had to do it the hard way. On the other hand, it's really just part of the grind that comprises all MMO to a greater or lesser extent.

I'm more annoyed that it's not on the store already as it is. The other big Favor unlocks (Drow and Favored Soul) are up, but not 32-pointers. It makes no sense and 1750 favor is a bitch and a half.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited September 2009
    Wait, unlocking the 32 points only applies to future characters? GodDAMN is that annoying.

Henroid on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    JJ wrote: »

Yea, I've seen this on the launcher. Maybe the launcher gave him a spot, but he waited long enough for someone else to take it, so the game just didn't know what to do with itself.

-shrug-

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited September 2009
    The way the game works is really bizarre. I don't like having to close the program entirely and then re-enter it to jump to another server. While my need to do that is temporary, it's just... annoying. And it's there. And what purpose is it supposed to serve?

Henroid on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The way the game works is really bizarre. I don't like having to close the program entirely and then re-enter it to jump to another server. While my need to do that is temporary, it's just... annoying. And it's there. And what purpose is it supposed to serve?

Agreed. Little things like this you would think would be fixed by now.

edit: In other news, I think I got out-cleric'd by a hireling today..... :(

Guy had some kind of regenerating SP thing going or something.

Foolish Chaos on
    edited September 2009
    You mean the cleric feat that lets you use a Turn Undead charge to restore SP?

Also I retooled my fighter plan. The way it's planned out, I will eventually have greater cleave, whirlwind, improved trip and improved sunder armor. All with the goodness of buffing up my blocking. I'm thinking of specializing in bludgeoning weapons for now.

Henroid on
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Can you use that on yourself? Because literally the only reason I haven't taken it is the description sounds like it's usable only on other people.

Also, are the Cleric enhancements that get you the equivalent of Wep Focus and Wep Prof with longswords or longbows worth it?

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Can you use that on yourself? Because literally the only reason I haven't taken it is the description sounds like it's usable only on other people.

Also, are the Cleric enhancements that get you the equivalent of Wep Focus and Wep Prof with longswords or longbows worth it?

You cannot use it on yourself. You cannot use any turn undead enhancement on yourself.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Though casters love you for it. And I love it when the bards have plenty of juice to sing songs and off-heal and the wizards have plenty of juice to uhh... erm... what was it you guys do again? Magic missile?

Galielmus on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    First time I got my Favored Soul into a group last night.

He worked just like I hoped he would with Crazy TWFing action plus heals and buffs.

I'm sure it gets harder at higher levels but I was slinging the buffs and still came out with 150 or so SP left in a hard Necromancer's doom.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hit level 2 on my Monk. So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Joined the guild last night. Right now I'm going through and doing the solo and then the normal difficulty for dungeons. Should I go ahead and group and do higher difficulties pre-Misery or should I wait to do that until after I get rid of the dragon?

dasnoob on
    edited September 2009
    dasnoob wrote: »
    I hit level 2 on my Monk. So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Joined the guild last night. Right now I'm going through and doing the solo and then the normal difficulty for dungeons. Should I go ahead and group and do higher difficulties pre-Misery or should I wait to do that until after I get rid of the dragon?

I think all the melee classes can solo the introductory dungeons on hard mode, including Misery (I did it, at least). While that's a good way to build up experience, I would suggest doing normal mode and hard mode. Don't include solo, it takes time you could be using for other quests that award more experience. The bonus for doing it the first time on solo be damned.

Henroid on
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just found this link today and it is incredibly useful. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279

It is a list off all static loot in the game, ie loot that is always in the same spot with a chance you can get it there. This should give people an idea what content they want to run or buy. The quests have a level listed after them but it doesn't mention if they are f2p or not.

Jeix on
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Jeix wrote: »
    I just found this link today and it is incredibly useful. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279

It is a list off all static loot in the game, ie loot that is always in the same spot with a chance you can get it there. This should give people an idea what content they want to run or buy. The quests have a level listed after them but it doesn't mention if they are f2p or not.

Nice! Good find, that's terribly useful indeed.

citizen059 on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I seem to be having some trouble with the Vent server. If anyone is on and wants to let me into the guild, I'd appreciate it.

Valkun on
  • LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got my paladin/sorcerer to level five now, which is pretty exciting. Finally I can do some competitive damage whilst still having incredible saves/spell resistance/high armor!

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
    edited September 2009
    I think I'm going to try my hand at a cleric. Not a "all I do is heal" cleric. More of a sub-par fighter with buffing spells and okay healing.

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    I think I'm going to try my hand at a cleric. Not a "all I do is heal" cleric. More of a sub-par fighter with buffing spells and okay healing.

It works out really well. I would imagine it wouldn't play too differently from my FS and I love him in action.

Seidkona on
    edited September 2009
    According to the DDO wiki, which is terribly out of date, a good general-purpose cleric stat build is:
    STR - 16
    DEX - 9
    CON - 12
    INT - 8
    WIS - 16
    CHA - 11

My only worry is in how I build up my stats as I level.

Henroid on
    edited September 2009
    According to the DDO wiki, which is terribly out of date, a good general-purpose cleric stat build is:
    STR - 16
    DEX - 9
    CON - 12
    INT - 8
    WIS - 16
    CHA - 11

My only worry is in how I build up my stats as I level.

If you want to remain a generalist it seems a good idea to just bounce between STR and WIS.

Seidkona on
  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My kid was sick yesterday so I didn't get much time to play. Don't really know where I'm going with my monk. Right now he is on the Two-Headed Heron path since it is my first time through. I see the good ol' DND min-maxing is alive and well. Unfortunately I haven't played since 2ed so my knowledge of the mechanics seems to be woefully out of date.

dasnoob on
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm not trying to be funny but isn't this basically a paladin?

Jeix on
    edited September 2009

I want the spell variety though, let alone stronger and more available heals. I mean you're right, but at the same time there's at least some amount of difference. At least I have some offensive spell choices with a cleric right?

If I had to choose for a pen and paper campaign, I'd definitely do paladin because of the lawful good aspect I'd have to uphold. But since there's little character fleshing out and, dear me, roleplay in DDO, it loses a lot of appeal.

Henroid on
    edited September 2009

I want the spell variety though, let alone stronger and more available heals. I mean you're right, but at the same time there's at least some amount of difference. At least I have some offensive spell choices with a cleric right?

If I had to choose for a pen and paper campaign, I'd definitely do paladin because of the lawful good aspect I'd have to uphold. But since there's little character fleshing out and, dear me, roleplay in DDO, it loses a lot of appeal.

Have you thought about Dual Classing? You could go Cleric/Fighter, Cleric/Barbarian or Cleric/Paladin. Each has some distinct advantages.

Seidkona on
    edited September 2009
    I have, but I don't feel comfortable doing it quite yet. I'm glad the option is there, but I'm still trying to figure out the overall context to DDO's gameplay. Which, I'm sure many people will be glad to tell me, but I'd rather learn it first hand and come to understanding that way. I learn better by doing.

Besides, everyone multi-classes these days. I wanna be a rebel, dawg.

Henroid on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    almost 3 wf fighter. 3 DR is pretty fun. i guess it will suck when mobs start doing more than 3 damage

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i have no idea what any of this means, but I heard muckbane being tossed around in bent and how people wanted it.
    #3 One Swing To Rue Them All: You may or not may have encountered the rare ooze spawn named Muck, but the ONLY absolute must-have weapon, Muckbane, is in The Den of the Kobold Brothers, which is also known as Durk’s Got A Secret. In order to run this quest again, collect your reward and restart the quest with Durk at The Leaky Dinghy. If you have a full party, break into 3 sets of two player parties. Each group should go into the instance on normal and dispatch the initial sets of kobolds. Don’t do optionals at all! Beat the slimes/oozes along the way and clear the kobolds to the left when you come to the T-fork and can go left or right. Head left and you’ll come to a turnbuckle valve and door on the left past a group of kobolds. Open it and kill the kobolds and chieftain here. Collect the chest and turn the turnbuckle valve near that chest. A passage opens up – and in that passage is a possible spawn of Muck and his chest! Run back to the T-Fork and head down the right passage, clearing the kobolds along the way. Don’t go right and if you do, be careful – that fire trap is still there! Instead run straight to the door that should now be opened. If Slay Muck appears as an objective at the door, then you don’t need to do anything else except step through the door, look left at the chest and advance to kill its guardian, Muck! He’s a tough slime so let the warriors beat on him.

At this point each group should state whether they found Muck to the main-party leader (the guy leading before you broke up into 3 separate parties). If more than one group found Muck, one person from each group remains in the quest at the chest (once all monsters in the area are dispatched) and the rest recall out and leave party. These recalled players join ONE party leader inside the instance and re-enter for a shot to pull the glorious weapon, Muckbane. Once everyone is inside, they can open the chest (you did keep it closed for now, right? – or else this trick doesn’t work!) and see if anyone gets a Muckbane. Now the entire party leaves the quest and invites one of the other original party members that are currently waiting by another Muck chest. Once he or she is in the group, the party can enter The Den of the Kobold Brothers again and run to a NEW Muck chest to see if anymore Muckbanes can be acquired! This is a great trick and can be maximized for up to 15 possible Muckbanes per run if each party of two encounters a Muck spawn.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Muckbane is ok but Muckdoom is better.

Unless you are a monk then your mighty awesome fists of doom.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!