As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vista Refuses to Remember Network Credentials

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
The network at my school requires a username, password, and domain to connect, and it's mildly annoying that I have to enter it manually each time, especially because 60% of the time it fails and I have to enter it again.

The box that says "Remember Credentials" is unchecked by default, and greyed out, so I can't save my connection info to save time.

Is there any way to enable it? I'm running Vista, and on an administrative account if that matters.

Mai-Kero on

• FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Contact the help desk or the Network Admin. There is a good chance the machine has been locked up to avoid any other user from modififying settings or installing applications.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fantasma wrote: »
    Contact the help desk or the Network Admin. There is a good chance the machine has been locked up to avoid any other user from modififying settings or installing applications.

Some schools use a certificate to bypass this. Your tech helpdesk can tell you what is required to obtain automatic rights to the network, if they support such. Is it your machine, or one provided/installed on the campus?

Enc on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Enc wrote: »
    Fantasma wrote: »

Some schools use a certificate to bypass this. Your tech helpdesk can tell you what is required to obtain automatic rights to the network, if they support such. Is it your machine, or one provided/installed on the campus?

It's my machine.

Mai-Kero on