As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Regrets!

SanguineAngelSanguineAngel LordCentre of the UniverseRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi Guys

This is a bit misleading, because I am not actually looking for advice. I just wasn't sure where else this should go. (If you mods decide a better place, please do go ahead)

Mainly I am here to vent!

So, some guys from work and I sauntered down to the pub for our lunch break today. We've been there a few times and like the atmosphere/food. Well, I walked up to the bar and this AMAZING girl turns to me and asks me what I'd like. I'm pretty sure I did a double take. She is, quite seriously, possibly the most attractive girl I have come across. I mean, she was extremely pretty, perfect figure, lovely (LOVELY) walk and wonderfully chatty, vivacious knock out personality and essentially my ideal woman! I was quite literally floored for the full hour!

She kept coming over to see if everything was alright and we'd crack a few jokes, and I'm normally not to bad at the whole social interaction thing. But as soon as she'd make eye contact my brain would empty completely and I would fluff it up, mumble something and let one of the guys resume chatting with her.

Well, as you can see, I liked this girl! Problem is that she's off to uni and that was her last shift!! We've been coming into the pub all this time and I haven't seen her once, then I meet her on her last shift before she moves on up-country. BAH!

As we talked she said her shift finished at 7 - dropped it into the conversation. So, my first thought was to go back after work (it's bout 5 mins from where I live) and ask for her number. But I totally bottled it - figuring that she was off to uni in a matter of days etc etc.

Man, I can't get her out of my head. I CAN'T believe the effect she had on me. I can't believe a woman like that even freakin exists! (not to put her on a pedestal though... ;) )

And I feel like a fool and like i have missed a once only opportunity.

Thank you for listening.

steam_sig.png
SanguineAngel on

• Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Missed opportunities
    They do suck
    You had a chance
    You let get by
    Becoming another of our
    Missed opprtunities
    Which is sad
    I have had my share
    They do suck
    When they happen
    Missed opportunities

NotYou on
  • Options
    mechaThormechaThor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If it was meant to be you'll meet again. Move on.

mechaThor on
    "I sent an e-mail asking why wood elves get +2 Str when other dwarves did not. My response from customer service consisted of five words: 'Wood elves are really strong.' "
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the only regrets i have in my life (except for one glaring exception) are the moments when i didn't act. even when ive failed, if i made an effort and acted on my decision, i was happy. learn from it, don't let it happen again.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Next time you find yourself thinking, "No, I shouldn't do this because..." think back to this.

admanb on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    She wasn't the "one."

She wasn't your "soulmate."

You weren't "meant to be."

She was a cute girl you had some chemistry with. She wasn't the first, she certainly won't be the last. There is no "meant to be," this isn't a RomCom where you can rush to catch her at the airport. Chalk it up to a missed opportunity, but realize that it's only one of many. Being pro-active and unafraid of rejection can help mitigate those, for future reference.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    These days, if I think 'will I regret it if I don't do this?' I do it, because I've hesitated way too many times in my life and paid for it. Ever since I've followed that rule I've had some great, life changing (for the better), enlightening experiences.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dude, life is short. You can't let opportunities like this pass you by. The next time this happens, just relax, and be yourself.

When was in college, the bank I went to was robbed. After work, I went to get some money, but the bank was closed. I noticed a news van parked in the lot and before I got back into my car, one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen walked up to me, stuck a microphone in my face, and began to ask me questions.

Sadly, I don't remember anything after that. The shock of having a camera pointed at me, combined with this beautiful woman was obviously too much for my small brain to handle. I think I mumbled something unintelligble, at which point she left.

Slider on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Slider wrote: »
    Dude, life is short. You can't let opportunities like this pass you by. The next time this happens, just relax, and be yourself.

When was in college, the bank I went to was robbed. After work, I went to get some money, but the bank was closed. I noticed a news van parked in the lot and before I got back into my car, one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen walked up to me, stuck a microphone in my face, and began to ask me questions.

Sadly, I don't remember anything after that. The shock of having a camera pointed at me, combined with this beautiful woman was obviously too much for my small brain to handle. I think I mumbled something unintelligble, at which point she left.

You should never, ever, ever go to a strip club.

Or a Hooters.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sentry wrote: »

Or a Hooters.

Too late.

Slider on
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm glad you got to vent, always helps. Personally, this wouldn't really a regret thing in the way I think of it. You made what you consider to be a mistake, and you can learn from it. Nothing terrible has come of this event, so it's near painless learning experience.

I only regret the time I should have acted to stop something, but didn't and have not been able to get rid of the guilt even though most people wouldn't even think its a big deal, but I can never look back on my life and say "Hey, you know one of the ways I am not an asshole? Because I never did that, and I'm proud of that". The only way to get rid of the guilt will ruin other people's lives, so I just have to do nothing about it. Fantastic. It's a good thing I vowed to stop drinking when I'm sad/depressed/bored (drinking is for fun times with friends!), because otherwise I would not able to type right now.

You said you weren't looking for advice so there you go, some commentary, and some not-advice

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Regret

man that girl is hot
    time to bring out the 'A' game
    wait no, yes, wait- damn.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sentry wrote: »

Or a Hooters.

Too late.

Now he's sure that 'Jasmine' is in love with him even tho she walked away after he said he had spent his whole paycheck

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    StormCrow420StormCrow420 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So you aren't looking for advice? Well here's some anyway because standing by and letting someone be stupid is pretty much how everything bad has ever happened.

Go back to the bar and talk to her. You are an idiot if you don't. Substitute 'pub' for bar and 'git' for idiot if it makes you feel more comfortable. Not promising she won't mace you and run away screaming (I get that alot) but at least you won't be the pussy (mary) your OP is making you seem like.

StormCrow420 on
  • Options
    SanguineAngelSanguineAngel Lord Centre of the UniverseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hi guys,

Cheers for the comments.

Yup, the moral of the story here is seize the day. If you're thinking "Should I?" then chances are you should! (unless it is morally bad, naturally)

Yes, I shoulda asked her out, yes I regret not doing so, yes life will continue, yes I have learned a valuable lesson.

Also, nice to see a bit of poetry pop out here.

@StormCrow420: Thank you for your advice I am sure you meant well. Thank you for your name calling and [possible] racial mockery. Of course, reading the pussy OP fully would yield the information that your plan is a no go. She has left, that was my one and only chance.

Anyway, i take your general point and shall henceforth man up where appropriate.

Cheers guys.

Edit for repetition. oops

SanguineAngel on
    steam_sig.png