As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Week oGames, 9/27: Kingdom Hearts DS, Ninja Gaiden S2, Gran Turismo PSP, Dead Space E

2»

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    KHD (Kingdom Hearts Days) is pretty bad ass! Although, RIGHT off the bat, I felt like I was playing Crisis Core for a bit, it just has that... feeling.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rent wrote: »
    What I'm saying is is I severely dislike TN, in case you couldn't tell

Team Ninja hasn't been involved in the "Sigma" games. Itagaki actually acts insulted that another team was given the power to do reiterations of his original games.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    brynstar wrote: »
    I bought and played through Dead Space Extraction. It's awesome, I loved every moment of it. The attention to detail, especially if you've played the first game, is astounding.

I shall be getting this soon. B-day coming up. Good to hear its good!

slash000 on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    slash000 wrote: »

Team Ninja hasn't been involved in the "Sigma" games. Itagaki actually acts insulted that another team was given the power to do reiterations of his original games.

Uh...actually, they produced them. Itagaki and a few other TN people left Team Ninja (and Tecmo) after NG2 came out. The first Sigma game was being produced by Team Ninja not including some of the people working on NG2, including Itagaki, at the time.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something. I don't think I am.

Also, turning the save point system into a sort of 'checkpoint' system sucked. As did removing the rating system at the end. It might be two steps forward in some areas, but it's another two steps back elsewhere. It's a good thing that the original game was, at least to me, very enjoyable. They haven't taken that out yet, even if it is significantly easier.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »

Uh...actually, they produced them. Itagaki and a few other TN people left Team Ninja (and Tecmo) after NG2 came out. The first Sigma game was being produced by Team Ninja not including some of the people working on NG2, including Itagaki, at the time.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something. I don't think I am.

http://kotaku.com/5010331/itagaki-rags-on-ninja-gaiden-sigma
    What did you think of the PS3 game Ninja Gaiden: Sigma? I'm told you won't even sign copies of the game...?

Itagaki: It was no good.

Why's that? I thought it was pretty good.

Itagaki: All you need to do is play Ninja Gaiden II and then try and play Sigma afterwards and you'll see why. Despite the fact that it's on a 'next-generation' console there's no evolution whatsoever. That was made not by me, but one of my sub-ordinates who basically tried to copy the success of Ninja Gaiden.

OK, so, TN did the work on it, but Itagaki wasn't involved.

Kotaku: What do you think about the feature in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 that allows players to control characters' chest movements with the SIXAXIS?
    Itagaki: What the hell...?
    Kotaku: When you shake the controller forcefully, the female characters' chests bounce. What do you think of that?
    Itagaki: Well, it certainly is unique... (laughs)
    Kotaku: What do you mean by "unique"?
    Itagaki: Are those guys doing okay at home? I mean, I know Sigma 2's producer, Hayashi, just got married recently...

same for NGS2

slash000 on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Best way to look at it is that Ninja Gaiden (XBOX) is ok, Black is better, everything after sucks.

also even NG (XBOX) is nowhere near as good as the original trilogy.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Best way to look at it is that Ninja Gaiden (XBOX) is ok, Black is better, everything after sucks.

also even NG (XBOX) is nowhere near as good as the original trilogy.

I disagree (though I think they're very good for 2D platformers). Even then, I don't think you can really compare them. Of course, I'm so old fashion I don't like comparing 2D and 3D fighters.

On my o' Xbox hard disc, I have what is essentially the best of all worlds--NG1, with the old trilogy, and to my knowledge, all the download content. I think there might be a few side missions missing that were in Black though.

One thing I can say with certainty about Sigma....the TN people who worked on both Sigma games decided to make them easier. Substantially easier. Nothing wrong with that...but nothing right either, necessarily.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The original Trilogy is classic, although #3 was cheap as fuck. Harder than the first two, and limited continues? Fuck that noise. Gimme my Game Genie!

slash000 on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kotaku: What do you think about the feature in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 that allows players to control characters' chest movements with the SIXAXIS?
    Kotaku: When you shake the controller forcefully, the female characters' chests bounce. What do you think of that?
    Itagaki: Are those guys doing okay at home? I mean, I know Sigma 2's producer, Hayashi, just got married recently...

same for NGS2

That's hilarious. Did he have his memory wiped when he left Tecmo and suddenly forget all the dodgy shit he included in his games?

Anyway, there's apparently going to be a crapton of PSP games put up on the PSN this week, it should be pretty interesting. Oh and Critter Crunch is coming to the PS3 next week.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Itagaki definitely has selective memory. And selective perception in general.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

same for NGS2

That's hilarious. Did he have his memory wiped when he left Tecmo and suddenly forget all the dodgy shit he included in his games?

Anyway, there's apparently going to be a crapton of PSP games put up on the PSN this week, it should be pretty interesting. Oh and Critter Crunch is coming to the PS3 next week.

Well, he is a game developer. I'd say the lot of them have really bad memories.

Itagaki = Dodgy shit.
    Kojima = Crotch grabbing is not appropriate. Ever.
    Romero = Release dates.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The original Trilogy is classic, although #3 was cheap as fuck. Harder than the first two, and limited continues? Fuck that noise. Gimme my Game Genie!

Haha oh man. All the frustration came flooding back. I too used a Game Genie on that thing.

Also yeah, Dead Space Extraction is a great light gun game, one of the best I've ever played. It's surprising just how much of the game is focused on the narrative, but I liked that. It adds some emotion to the shooting of dudes/space zombies.

So a guy I know who works at Gamestop and I have both been pondering if BCFX is actually a game. I mean, I know it came out on PC years ago, but it's been pushed back so many times that I was convinced it was never coming out. However, today they finally got it in!

They got one copy.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Haha oh man. All the frustration came flooding back. I too used a Game Genie on that thing.

Also yeah, Dead Space Extraction is a great light gun game, one of the best I've ever played. It's surprising just how much of the game is focused on the narrative, but I liked that. It adds some emotion to the shooting of dudes/space zombies.

Sweet deal, I"m excited for it. My b-day needs to come more quickly!

They got one copy.

That's because they're racist!

slash000 on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They got one copy.

Hahaha. Yeah exactly!

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    They got one copy.

Hahaha. Yeah exactly!

I am commencing angry fist waving as we speak.

Synthesis on