As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EvE Online - Why I left, and why you should

1235»

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    leaf wrote: »
    Screamline wrote: »
    Crip is wrong on many points but this
    Solo-gank targets cannot defend themselves 1v1 under any circumstances because the ganker initiates combat.
    made me giggle like a little girl.
    Where's Weaver when we need to talk about the surprise sex Mackinaw and the assault frigate?

Or the days of hoshoun where I'd sit in asteroid belt 1-1 for over an hour waiting like a spider in a ship named ASTEROID PLOW.
    Oh god, the fact that worked was insane.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Screamline wrote: »
    Crip is wrong on many points but this
    Solo-gank targets cannot defend themselves 1v1 under any circumstances because the ganker initiates combat.
    made me giggle like a little girl.
    Where's Weaver when we need to talk about the surprise sex Mackinaw and the assault frigate?

Or the days of hoshoun where I'd sit in asteroid belt 1-1 for over an hour waiting like a spider in a ship named ASTEROID PLOW.
    Oh god, the fact that worked was insane.

I used to do that from day one in Eve. I was a noob, but it worked on would-be-pirate noobs.

I remember using a cruiser - Rupture maybe? - with tackling stuff, as good an armour tank as I could manage, one of those cap booster/battery things that need charges, and a bunch of ACs. Named Miner 49er. People even dumber than me would come swooping in with their pirate frigs and cruisers, and never leave.

It was the most fun I had in Eve, unfortunately.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I was like a lot of people, in that I wanted to like EVE a lot (because, you know, spaceships and stuff, that you can fit how you want, etc.) In the end I wound up disliking it, though, because it seemed like too much time/work to get to the fun part. I personally think that the lowbie end of the game needs to be tweaked somewhat, so that a loss or two doesn't set you as far back, but I don't really know what a good way to do that would be.

Newbie tackle in a frigate. Cheap as heck and needed badly by fleets.

Your ship gets blows you're out, what, 1-2 million at most?

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    widowson wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I was like a lot of people, in that I wanted to like EVE a lot (because, you know, spaceships and stuff, that you can fit how you want, etc.) In the end I wound up disliking it, though, because it seemed like too much time/work to get to the fun part. I personally think that the lowbie end of the game needs to be tweaked somewhat, so that a loss or two doesn't set you as far back, but I don't really know what a good way to do that would be.

Newbie tackle in a frigate. Cheap as heck and needed badly by fleets.

Your ship gets blows you're out, what, 1-2 million at most?

Christ not even that. Both Goonfleet and Merch Industrial will provide anyone who needs it with a tackling frigate for free. You only need to ask.

Even if you put it together yourself you can do so for half a million ISK at most, and if you bother to insure it you'll only be out about 100k for the hull and another 100k for the mods.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I offer free junk atleast a few times a week for the cool gallente kids.

Couldn't believe how excited that one guy was to get a free ewar celestis.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

It's so cute when you give the newbies a couple million isk and they start freaking out and thinking you typed too many zeros gfshobonld6.gif

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deadteardeadtear Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Janin wrote: »

It's so cute when you give the newbies a couple million isk and they start freaking out and thinking you typed too many zeros gfshobonld6.gif

I used to regularly give out 10m or so to anybody new that I saw and didn't have a shitty ass name like "Natal tree" or something dumb like that. Their :OOOOOOOOOOO was worth every isk.

deadtear on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Can you also give me 10m?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    AnommeAnomme Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Definitely, if you have the isk at your disposal then you want to have fun, best way is to invest it in a pvp ship and set up, then just go out and try and blow stuff up!

Anomme on
This discussion has been closed.