As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Macro programming problems - Need a program suggestion

DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
I've been googling and testing shareware macro recording and hotkey assignment programs, but they all seem to follow a particular restriction.

Basically, I'd like to assign a double-tap keystroke, say <s+s>, to playback <shift+s>. While every program I've come across can record the <shift+s> keystrokes properly, they won't allow me to assign <s+s> as the hotkey command to activate it. The choices allowed are either a single <s>, or something like <ctrl+s>. Anyone know of a macro/hotkey program that'll allow me to assign the hotkey the way I want?

Doronron on

• Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    AutoHotKey does this. Something like this would work fine:
    ~LCtrl::
    if (A_PriorHotKey = "~LCtrl" AND A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < 250)
       Run "C:\Program Files\file.exe"

Search around their forums and there's plenty of examples of people's double-tap scripts.

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks. I'm going to have to sit down and learn how this works. It's pretty complex.

Doronron on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just be aware that people type pretty quick. Typing "Google" will certainly trigger g+g and o+o.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    AutoIt is what you need, and much simpler syntax than what was posted above.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."