As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DDO] Dungeons & Dragons Online - Want people to play with? Top of the OP for info

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jaedlyn wrote: »
    We should totally try to do a bunch of G.I.M.P. characters when we can (Get Into Multiclass Project). You log into your mains then roll the dice to determine which 3 character classes your gimp is going to take, and which race. Then everytime you level you roll a 1d3 to determine which class is going to level up, the results are hilarity, there is nothing quite like a halfling barbarian/wizard/cleric GIMP.

I would love to do this.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    We should totally try to do a bunch of G.I.M.P. characters when we can (Get Into Multiclass Project). You log into your mains then roll the dice to determine which 3 character classes your gimp is going to take, and which race. Then everytime you level you roll a 1d3 to determine which class is going to level up, the results are hilarity, there is nothing quite like a halfling barbarian/wizard/cleric GIMP.

I will definitely do this. That sounds great!

dasnoob on
  • JaedlynJaedlyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The best way to play the GIMPS is in planned sessions almost like PnP D+D, since 90% of the times the characters are in fact actual gimps, and playing a few of them with PUG's can result in bad experiences for the pugs, especially people new to the game.

Jaedlyn on
    Some people are like slinkies, useless, but they always manage to bring a smile to your face when you...push them down a flight of stairs.
    edited October 2009
    The best way to play the GIMPS is in planned sessions almost like PnP D+D, since 90% of the times the characters are in fact actual gimps, and playing a few of them with PUG's can result in bad experiences for the pugs, especially people new to the game.

Oh yeah, I would never Pug a guy like that. That would just be mean.

edit: Imagine, "Dwarf Level 2 Sorcerer/4 Rogue/1 Barb Looking for Pit Group."

Seidkona on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buy me character slots and I'll do a GIMP. :P

But seriously that's a commitment to a character slot. Which is crazy-valuable in this game.

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Almost forgot, the DDO store has a smaller sale going on right now. It's mostly based on items, and mostly healing potions and a wand. There's 3 or 4 adventure packs on sale too though, as well as a few colors of hair dye.

Henroid on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ahaha Sign me up for that!

On a unrelated note made a alt Bard to play around with and think I like it more then my previous one :lol:

Who-Psyd on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    Dang, I'd do that. It sounds like you already have a lot of takers, though.

A duck! on
    edited October 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Dang, I'd do that. It sounds like you already have a lot of takers, though.

Actually, including you that's only 5, a full group to play with once or twice a week for a few hours would be great.

Jaedlyn on
    Some people are like slinkies, useless, but they always manage to bring a smile to your face when you...push them down a flight of stairs.
    edited October 2009
    We need to get a set time together. That would be perfect for me.

dasnoob on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would definitely be up for this, as well.

Foolish Chaos on
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you need a 6th, I'm down. This sounds pretty fun. How would the initial class/race selection go? I dunno the total count of classes, but I'd imagine we'd do it sans Monk and Favored Soul for those of us freeloaders who dont have the classes. Also Drow and Warforged excluded.

What time do people wanna play our GIMPs?

Edit: err, missed Foolish Chaos's post. I can be a fill-in or something :P

Galielmus on
    edited October 2009
    After 9pm cst during the week is best for me. I have family stuff before then. Dealing with the kids and helping the wife out.

dasnoob on
    edited October 2009
    I'm up for just about any night M-TH after 8PM est, although I can do other times those days if it comes down to it. I can't make promises about the weekend or Friday.

A duck! on
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone know, or know where to find out, the gold limits at each level for ftp?

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd be interested in GIMP'ing it.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    edited October 2009
    We can fill in with as many people as we need, and maybe run multiple days, anyway.

I'm Niladaya on DDO Cannith, so if you see me online send me a tell and we can get the characters rolled.

How does Tuesdays and thursdays sound 9 EST-12 EST, for any and all GIMPs to get together.

Then maybe some optionals on the weekend if we are bored or something.

Jaedlyn on
    edited October 2009
    Dates and times are good for me.

A duck! on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    man i got banned for being offensive after a day of playing

RubberAC on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    also is making a guild worth it for a free player? I am so goddamn charismatic and popular that after five minutes of "being offensive" i had like 5 people ask to be in my guild
    i cannot disappoint these strangers

RubberAC on
    edited October 2009
    We can fill in with as many people as we need, and maybe run multiple days, anyway.

I'm Niladaya on DDO Cannith, so if you see me online send me a tell and we can get the characters rolled.

How does Tuesdays and thursdays sound 9 EST-12 EST, for any and all GIMPs to get together.

Then maybe some optionals on the weekend if we are bored or something.

Works for me

Who-Psyd on
    edited October 2009
    RubberAC wrote: »
    man i got banned for being offensive after a day of playing

What? Can you elaborate? O_o

Henroid on
  • ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Does anyone know, or know where to find out, the gold limits at each level for ftp?

I think it is 1kpp at L1 and doubles every level after. I'm not 100% positive on that and can't find a link on the official forums or website for you. You might try asking in the F2P forum as I'm sure someone has the definitive answer.

However, remember that the first time you purchase any Turbine Points, you will be switched to a Premium account, which gives you "unlimited" money storage. It's actually not unlimited. The cap for any character is a little over 4 million plat. You'll also get 4 character slots rather than 2.

Reiten on
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    9-12 EST on Tues and Thurs are about perfect for me, count me in. I just know the fates are going to give me a halfling fingerwaggler... :P

Galielmus on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Reiten wrote: »

I think it is 1kpp at L1 and doubles every level after. I'm not 100% positive on that and can't find a link on the official forums or website for you. You might try asking in the F2P forum as I'm sure someone has the definitive answer.

However, remember that the first time you purchase any Turbine Points, you will be switched to a Premium account, which gives you "unlimited" money storage. It's actually not unlimited. The cap for any character is a little over 4 million plat. You'll also get 4 character slots rather than 2.

You will never ever get even remotely almost close to the money cap if you aren't a premium member. The absolute only way to make decent money is through the auction house and you can only do 1 auction at a time if you are totally f2p.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

You will never ever get even remotely almost close to the money cap if you aren't a premium member. The absolute only way to make decent money is through the auction house and you can only do 1 auction at a time if you are totally f2p.

If I didn't like the rest of the game so much, the auction house sale limit for f2p would have made me quit.

Instead, it made me subscribe.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited October 2009
    korodullin wrote: »

If I didn't like the rest of the game so much, the auction house sale limit for f2p would have made me quit.

Seeing how spending 6 dollars once to become a premium member solves 99% of all the problems with the basic account it really isn't a bad deal.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
    edited October 2009
    Those Times work for me also.

Seidkona on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Seeing how spending 6 dollars once to become a premium member solves 99% of all the problems with the basic account it really isn't a bad deal.

Well, the guys I run with on Sarlona have only a few pay players, myself included, so we end up having to spend the points we've gotten via favor (and starting next billing cycle, our 500 point/month stipend) on guest passes quite a bit, since we tend to run a lot of random adventure packs and for-pay quest lines. Subbing works out better for how I play, so I stick with it.

I only wish adventure pack guest passes were more fairly priced. 120 points for 90 minutes in Three Barrel Cove? Really?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited October 2009
    I only wish adventure pack guest passes were more fairly priced. 120 points for 90 minutes in Three Barrel Cove? Really?

Seriously. I'm the only one of my group who has subscribed, and I don't even want to tell my friends about the guest passes. Unless I can get more of them to sub, me paying for 3-4 guest passes is just impossible.

Foolish Chaos on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    http://www.buy.com/prod/dungeons-and-dragons-online-stormreach/q/loc/108/202239856.html

Seems like a good deal? 500 points and a month of VIP for less than $7

Scosglen on
    edited October 2009
    Man fuck elementals. They are everywhere in the level 5-6 range, the little rape machines.

Foolish Chaos on
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man fuck elementals. They are everywhere in the level 5-6 range, the little rape machines.
    Being a ranger with elemental empathy makes them way less threatening.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Mordrack wrote: »
    Being a ranger with elemental empathy makes them way less threatening.

Best skill ever!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Played with an Air Elemental yet?

Just wait for your first 5 minute knockdown, where you smash the keyboard and curse out loud, because you can't do a damn thing, and everytime you stand up, that mother fucking elemental comes back to knock you on your ass again.

Like...Reaver's Fate on Elite!

Bloodshed on
    edited October 2009
    Oh great, air elementals sound like fun.

Henroid on
    edited October 2009
    Sounds like a job for a Wizard with a Insta Death Spell!

Who-Psyd on
    edited October 2009
    I might remake my paladin. Into another class. Which is a shame considering all the time it took to get to level 6.

Edit - Yeah, I'm eyeing this barbarian build a lot. It's a dwarf, and it starts out with:
    STR....16 (or 17)
    DEX....13 (or 10)
    CON....19
    INT....8
    WIS....8
    CHA....6

I have those "or"s in place because when designing the character's feat choices I never took up dodge or anything that comes after it.
    Level 1....Power Attack (helps getting it now with enhancement choices)
    Level 3....Two Handed Fighting
    Level 6....Improved Two Handed Fighting
    Level 9....Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    Level 12...Greater Two Handed Fighting
    Level 15...Cleave
    Level 18...Great Cleave

Henroid on
    edited October 2009
    So are two-weapon fighting barbarians just as good as 2h barbs?

I only ask because I usually see barbarians with big two-handers, though I just rolled a two-weapon fighter and it seems to be working out pretty well.

Foolish Chaos on
    edited October 2009
    Well, barbs get to be crit heavy. They have enhancements that increase the crit multiplier (max of increasing it by 2). Get the right weapon and feats and you'll be exploding mans. Or so I assume by the numbers.

Henroid on