As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Step 5: Remove [DOODLES] from microwave, mix in content of flavor packet. [NSFW]

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    tynic wrote: »
    God, you guys are mean. That's a perfect rendition of Mr Miyagi.

Don't worry, Tynic. I'm just making a new list of people I wouldn't feel guilty for shitting in their mouths.

Metalbourne on
  • The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Possible poster for my uni's lgbta fall events. Spoilered for vscroll. Spent about half an hour on this to prove that we could put the entire schedule onto one poster.
    K7FKH.png

The_Rat on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    November 3rd can't come soon enough.

Godfather on
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    tynic wrote: »
    God, you guys are mean. That's a perfect rendition of Mr Miyagi.

Odosketch dump:

large_preview.jpg?1254433808

large_preview.jpg?1254337363

Hey I saw odosketch on an art reddit, and that first one was a featured sketch.

F87 on
  • ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    random stuff from this week

powerlines2.jpg

jhbu.jpg

Obilex on
    edited October 2009
    God bless you Obilex.

Godfather on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    10pc60l.jpg

Tam on
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    C-c-c-color!?

Charis on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This must be a different Tam.

Mustang on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't like crabs, but I do like engorged tubes.

Well I just don't know what to think.

desperaterobots on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Metal is posting art, Tam is using colour.

Something is cataclysmically wrong.

Flay on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    F87 wrote: »
    Hey I saw odosketch on an art reddit, and that first one was a featured sketch.

Oh hey, so it is. Their selection criteria are pretty abstruse.

Frankly it's kind of a shitty program but I keep trying it to see if I can do better.

tynic on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The second one was featured too, just on the second page.

lyrium on
  • Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't like crabs, but I do like engorged tubes.

Well I just don't know what to think.

Neither do I. >_>

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
    edited October 2009
    It's based on that crab urchin guy beavo posted in her thread

Tam on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    but I do like engorged tubes.
    :winky: I just think this needs to be seen by all one more time.

also, DR, I praised you in the top of Page 6, and you did not respond. this makes me: :(

BoTP
    Tam wrote: »
    10pc60l.jpg

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have a doodle! A value sketch, even. I'm learning how to paint. It's rough. :/
    Linked because I'm not sure about the nakedness. Probably NSFW, but not all hypersex.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56544441@N00/3975915769/sizes/o/

astillac on
    edited October 2009
    Updates

landing.png

Mustang on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    also, DR, I praised you in the top of Page 6, and you did not respond. this makes me: :(

Sorry chum. Thanks (everyone) for the upward thumbs. I've been working more on it. It's looking ace. Feeling much better about the exhibtion now that painting has come together. (It fills a lot of space :P)

desperaterobots on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    looks like she's pooping.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What's the story here? I don't think you're using the formal elements to your greatest advantage. You should be able to tell the whole story through the composition.

Also
    She got a donk.

Sublimus on
    edited October 2009
    nap_cookies.jpg

tynic on
    edited October 2009
    Dang, I want some cookies.

Godfather on
    edited October 2009
    I like Kate Beaton too!

I like the colors, but the way you've rendered a few things is sort of weird. The coattail looks rigid and almost stone-like. The boot looks like shiny rubber. The cookie looks like it has measles rather than chocolate chips.

What were you attempting there with the speech bubble's style? It looks a bit tacky, to be honest.

Tam on
    edited October 2009
    Coattail is bumfucked, totally. I probably need a ref, but just couldn't be arsed fixing it, since this is just a warmup sketch. The boot IS shiny rubber :P

I dunno, the speech bubble was just supposed to be wibbly. His eyes looked creepy so I wanted a creepy speech bubble. I really didn't put much thought into this on any level, seriously.

tynic on
    edited October 2009
    I guess they made Napoleon wear rubber boots because Wellington kicked his ass?

Tam on
    edited October 2009
    Things I need to read up on:

1. drapery
    2. sartorial styles of 19th century french despots
    3. how to draw cookies

god I have so far to go.

edit: no but seriously thanks for spotting this stuff and I'll fix it a bit just so I don't feel like a lazy bum.

tynic on
  • SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I doodled today.

100309steampunkpenny.jpg

I didn't really set out to draw a steampunk Penny Wise... but it popped into my head somehow, so there ya go. I like where it's going though, so I'll probably go about finishing it eventually.

Sonic on
    edited October 2009
    I like the arm, but that seems like a bad place to put a gauge.

Metalbourne on
    edited October 2009
    Ya know that actually crossed my mind, but then I thought "well it's a mechanical arm (or strength amplifying glove?) that runs on steam. There's not really any logic to it anyway and I like how it looks." So I left it there. Perhaps it would be better on the forearm...

Sonic on
    edited October 2009
    Sonic wrote: »
    Ya know that actually crossed my mind, but then I thought "well it's a mechanical arm (or strength amplifying glove?) that runs on steam. There's not really any logic to it anyway and I like how it looks." So I left it there. Perhaps it would be better on the forearm...

I'd just be all, "shit my gas gauge is broken!" then you have to drag your big heavy steam powered arm to the gas station because you didn't know you were out of arm-gas.

Because the steam made the arm lighter.

Metalbourne on
    edited October 2009
    Subliminus wrote:
    I don't think you're using the formal elements to your greatest advantage.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this. Please elaborate. What are these "formal elements" you speak of?

As for the story it's a bunch of british naval explorers investigating a cave, which is housed by a bunch of feral women with spears and big booties. It seemed pretty straight forward to me, is this not coming across?

Also does the pose really look like she's taking a crap? Spent fucking hours getting that pose looking balanced.

Mustang on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Formal elements such as POV, color, composition etc etc. You have the basics coming across, it reads as such 'guys coming to island, which is inhabited by tribal women'. Not much more comes from the image, such as 'how does this woman feel about it? is she okay with it? is she about to ambush them? Are the guys peaceful? Are they coming to fuck shit up? Are they rich as shit?' shit like that. The subtleties of the narrative.

And yes it looks like she taking a crap. And off balance. :P

Sublimus on
    edited October 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Sorry chum. Thanks (everyone) for the upward thumbs. I've been working more on it. It's looking ace. Feeling much better about the exhibtion now that painting has come together. (It fills a lot of space :P)
    I only pointed it out because I guess I want to ask you: would you take a commission for a tattoo design down the line? I was thinking of those "horses" or something else in that ink style.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited October 2009
    Well fuck, eh I'm just gonna knock this one on the head. Thanks for that Sub, I'll take all that into consideration for the next one.

Mustang on
    edited October 2009
    progress...
    100309steampunkpennyb.jpg

Sonic on
    edited October 2009
    sexy

Tam on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That corset is kind of grotesque.

Otherwise I like it.

Scosglen on
    edited October 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »
    You mean like too thin around the midsection or flower-ish patterns just make you heave?

Sonic on
    edited October 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »
    You mean like too thin around the midsection or flower-ish patterns just make you heave?
    first. way too thin. it doesn't look like she has a ribcage.

BotP
    progress...
    100309steampunkpennyb.jpg

srsizzy on
This discussion has been closed.