As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any Tekken 5 contestants in the Seattle area?

_tepid__tepid_ Registered User regular
edited July 2005 in PAX Archive
Im in it.

I play on the Gameworks machines ifn anyone wants to meet up and spar.

The proposed legislation stems from an investigation into an Enumclaw, Wash., farm, where a 45-year-old man died on July 2 from internal bleeding due to a perforated colon resulting from having sex with a horse.
_tepid_ on

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited June 2005
    man get zig in here.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Didn't Gameworks replace their Sanwa sticks with 360's? If so, that's nasty.

But yeah, I'm more or less in charge of the NW Tekken scene since SLA moved to Japan. School's almost out so I'll be down in Federal Way instead of Seattle, but I'm up for driving to Gameworks to play now and then. You can contact me on AIM (check my profile), or check out the Seattle thread on Zaibatsu: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2058729#post2058729

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2005
    i heard zig eats the souls of unborn fetuses for breakfast

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    Didn't Gameworks replace their Sanwa sticks with 360's? If so, that's nasty.

But yeah, I'm more or less in charge of the NW Tekken scene since SLA moved to Japan. School's almost out so I'll be down in Federal Way instead of Seattle, but I'm up for driving to Gameworks to play now and then. You can contact me on AIM (check my profile), or check out the Seattle thread on Zaibatsu: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2058729#post2058729

Hey, Zig, you should come out with us someday. Like...to the barbeque at Sarah's that's supposedly this Sat. It'll be fun.

Didn't know you were up here.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    I got finals yo. And poker next weekend. Thanks for the offer though.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    I work at Gameworks and am responsible for installing the 360's on the left machine. My boss wanted me to put them on the other but...I held him off. I love the jap sticks. I wanted to see what the players prefered. Even suggestd getting som cushy benches...

So we got one machine with the Perfect 360's, one with the originals. The fact of the matter is that the 360 cab gets played 2x more than the original sticks do. No one likes them...I am not 'them'.

I can appreciate both arguments. I even tried to get the cabinets set up in the sit-down style but was told not to. You do what you can.

_tepid_ on
    The proposed legislation stems from an investigation into an Enumclaw, Wash., farm, where a 45-year-old man died on July 2 from internal bleeding due to a perforated colon resulting from having sex with a horse.
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    Come put your cards in, I would lub the opportunity of giving your toon's gold.

I work Tuesday-Sat, 7-530. I hang out half-hour and more if competition me yes no?

_tepid_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    You know Nick?

Edit: And how popular is Tekken 5 at Gameworks? Any large crowds on a specific day of the week? Would be a good incentive to stop by. :D

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    Nick the ex-Westlake EB guy?

Yeah, in passing if so.

No large crowds, unfortunately. Course, I work morning shift.

Dunno about the night shift happening.

There are a few regulars during the day shift...only 2 or so of note. One guy, DJ, is killer with his Nina. He's a poker...goddam if I can get a low shot off to combat...but still. I take em once ina while.

We have a full bar now...I may go there on my day off. Maybe.

My toon's names are 'Warso'. Would love to play you before the tourney, man.

_tepid_ on
  • Options
    MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I dont live in the area but i fancy myself a decent player.

I mostly play with Asuka but I'm pretty good with just about every player.

i'm coming in with the Supertrip so I won't be there early enough to really get any action before the whole thing starts, but I will do my utmost.

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    I don't think Nick worked at Westlake. He moved here semi-recently from Nevada, although he's originally from Seattle. Sounds like he doesn't work in the mornings.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    Ahhh....Third Strike Nick. I've talked to him a couple of times. The game hosts have had their hours cut back to pretty much nothing as our recent new owners, Sega, are sending out insurance poeple to look at all the attractions (Sky Pirates, Indy 500, Max Flight).

He's a good guy, from what I've seen. Loves Third Strike but...don't we all?

_tepid_ on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2005
    I'm in the tekken 5 tourney and I live right by Key Arena. I'm terrible on an arcade machine as I've only played with a playstation controller. I'd be interested in practicing against a human sometime if anyone has a place/setup - but the arcade controls do me no good. None of my friends can keep up but I know I'm gonna get schooled by some of the serious players out there. Anyone?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    Unfortunately the Tekken 5 scene is kinda docile right now. Most of us live down in Federal Way/Kent/Tacoma and don't get together very often. Things will likely pick up though, thanks to all the buzz over the new arcade update. At the very least we'll be motivated to travel. Unfortunately, there's no real place to play up north now that Bellevue Lanwerx is gone. :(

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    Unfortunately the Tekken 5 scene is kinda docile right now. Most of us live down in Federal Way/Kent/Tacoma and don't get together very often. Things will likely pick up though, thanks to all the buzz over the new arcade update. At the very least we'll be motivated to travel. Unfortunately, there's no real place to play up north now that Bellevue Lanwerx is gone. :(

The Woodinville Lanwerx got all the machines, if I'm not mistaken...

Legacy on
  • Options
    FallFall Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Woodinville Lanwerx bought all the machines (except DDR) from Kicks before the Bellevue Lanwerx closed.

Fall on
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    Legacy wrote:

It's also in Woodinville. It's a nice facility, but the location is just too far away. The closing of Bellevue Lanwerx essentially killed the Northwest arcade scene all by itself.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

It's also in Woodinville. It's a nice facility, but the location is just too far away. The closing of Bellevue Lanwerx essentially killed the Northwest arcade scene all by itself.
    Oh man, BELLEVUE LANWERX?

That's like the closing of SHGL to SoCal :?

(Sorry I don't pay attention to Seattle news...uhh, I heard you guys had a fire...sometime...before this...)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

If you were going to go to Bellevue for it, you might as well drive ten more minutes and go to Woodinville... :P

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    If you were going to go to Bellevue for it, you might as well drive ten more minutes and go to Woodinville...

10 minutes my ass, more like 15. And when you're coming from Federal Way, that's roughly an hour of driving.

Plus Bellevue was actually a place you'd go to regardless. There's NOTHING in Woodinville. It's a bad location and too far away at that.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    If you were going to go to Bellevue for it, you might as well drive ten more minutes and go to Woodinville...

10 minutes my ass, more like 15. And when you're coming from Federal Way, that's roughly an hour of driving.

Plus Bellevue was actually a place you'd go to regardless. There's NOTHING in Woodinville. It's a bad location and too far away at that.

There's...um...Gamecrazy...? Combat Wombat works there...

:D

Legacy on
  • Options
    kolekole Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    tekken 5 player here.

played it for a week before LanWerx Bellevue closed [why did they close? i was very busy at work when it happened and missed the 'drama']

haven't been able to really get into T5 on the ps2 that much, but i'm more then happy to let people pummel me to the ground.

kole on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    We have two cabs at GameWorks, 7th and Pike.

One with a 360 sticks, one with the original. I'm curious.

The original cab sticks are severely loose for the average player. I'm used to them as the Hori stick I got with the SE T5 pack but...

Everyone hates them. Should I:

A: Put a stronger spring on the stick

B: Replace them with the 360 sticks, nay-sayers be damned

Yeah.

_tepid_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I demand Japanese sticks in all the cabinets.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    B:L wrote:
    I demand American sticks in all the cabinets.

• Options
    edited July 2005
    Don't be stealing my thunder like it's your own, wangsta.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I haven't been able to play Tekken 5 yet. :cry:

I'm not too shabby at Tekken 4 though. Has Bryan changed much?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    T5 Bryan is so top 3. And for stupid reasons at that.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    T5 Bryan is so top 3. And for stupid reasons at that.

Woohoo!

Taramoor on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2005
    I played ALOT on the everett mall machines, but sadly they have passed on.

I would like to challenge some people, just name a time and place. :-) nothing like good competition

Unknown User on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited July 2005
    Oh man

I don't know anyone who plays Tekken 5

And I signed up for the tourney

But I don't have anyone to practice against

Lame

Knob on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    When in doubt, pick the Kangaroo. It helps that he's pretty damn good this time around.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Knob wrote:
    Oh man

Lame

will you be my wingman in mario kart, bonk

last year i made it to the final round and probably would have won if i didn't drop the controller

Borfase on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Borfase wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Oh man

Lame

last year i made it to the final round and probably would have won if i didn't drop the controller

Oh yes. Yes I will.

(I am kind of okay. Not super-good, but I know what I'm doing)

Knob on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Knob wrote:
    Borfase wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Oh man

Lame

Oh yes. Yes I will.

i'm a pretty good driver, you just gotta be good at bringing the blue sparks

Borfase on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Borfase wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Borfase wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Oh man

Lame

Oh yes. Yes I will.

i'm a pretty good driver, you just gotta be good at bringing the blue sparks

Blue sparks I can do

Knob on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    When in doubt, pick the Kangaroo. It helps that he's pretty damn good this time around.
    Zig lies. LIESSSSSeeesss....

• Options
    edited July 2005
    Zig21 wrote:

Yeah, I've been practicing with him and Lei

I love to lose

Knob on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    B:L wrote:
    Zig21 wrote:
    Zig lies. LIESSSSSeeesss....

Bitch, I'll guard break your ass.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I haven't played tekken since tekken 3.......... I feel out of the loop.....

Shade on