As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Blackout--Game Over! Mafia Victory

• ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay. Lemme see!

Spreadsheet updated whenever I have time, which probably means when I get home after work!

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Opening Narration Incoming.

This will be possibly the ONLY text narration in the game.

lonelyahava on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I hear this is the botp

Orange Soda on
    edited October 2009
    this too

Orange Soda on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    this too

no this is

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Welcome to the National Phalla Guard Armory. I am Gunnery Sergeant Fred Cheese. But my squad-mates all call me XuaXua. No, you do not get to ask what that means. You are here for a weekend of character building and leadership training. You have been sent here by your companies in hopes that some of you might come out of this weekend with some skills to help your companies grow in the world. I understand that a few of you think that such things are beneath you and have decided to cause as much interruption and havoc as possible. I woudl like to advise you that those rifles on the wall over there, though they are locked up now, are loaded. And I am the only one that has the key. And I have no problem with shooting anybody that gets out of line. Because that is character building."

Suddenly, as the Gunnery Sergeant was finishing up his opening spiel, the lights in the armory cut out. There were no windows in this gymansium, so the place was completely dark. Pitch Black. As the initial shock settled in, the sound of the large metal doors at the end of the long room closing and the loud clang of what sounded like a bar sounded through the room, echoing off of the black and bare concrete walls.

That was when Panic settled into the twenty-five attendants of this conference. There were shouts, there were the sounds of scrambling and cursing, more than one body hit the floor from collisions.

"SILENCE! Nobody move!"

Gunnery Sergeant Fred Cheese's voice cut through the blackness instantly, sharp and commanding and the sounds of scuffling ceased, only the heavy breathing and a quiet sob was heard in the crushing darkness. The Gunnery Sergeant cleared his throat and began speaking again, slowly.

"There will be no panicking. There will be no trampling. This is where you learn to be men and women of character. This is unforeseen, but it is helpful nonetheless. In the world of business, you must learn to curb your panic, to use Your fear to your advantage. I am going to go to the supply closet and get some flashlights. Those thin beams of light will be our guideposts into this new world of responsibility. At least until the lights come back on. Nobody move, or I will be forced--HURK"

There was the sound of a body dropping to the ground, a gurgling noise, something that sounded like a wet cough from a flu-ridden old person, and then silence again. There was no noise for a few moments, and then the sound of cloth shuffling across the hardwood floor that was sometimes used as a basketball court for the National Phalla Guard Members.

The metallic sound of steel and flint flickered through the darkness, and a small orange flame flickered in the blackness. And there, in the pale glow of a lighter's fire, the bloody death of Gunnery Sergeant Fred Cheese, sometimes called XuaXua, was visible. Somebody screamed, and the orange flame went out, plunging everybody into blackness again.

After a few moments of silence, a shaky voice came out of the heavy blackness. "Somebody here killed the Sarge. Somebody here.... We need to figure out who. We need to figure out who. And how to get out of here."

There was silence, and then a murmuring of agreement that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Nobody disagreed, they had to get out of here. But also, they had to figure out who the killer was. And who had turned off the goddamned lights. And locked the doors. And they needed to find out soon.

Day 1 Has Begun!!

Will End at 11pm EDT Monday October 5th. Approx 18.5 Hours from now.

lonelyahava on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I aamm vvoottiinngg ffoorr eecccooo ttheee dolphin

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    I aamm vvoottiinngg ffoorr eecccooo ttheee dolphin

Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Ssppaarrkkllee Mmoottiioonn!!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited October 2009
    EECC, because he spreadsheets. I am banking on being mafia, so that means I should kill spreadsheeting before it begins.

Orange Soda on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sunkist brings up a point I've been wondering about. If we were mafia, would we know it?

Bremen on
    edited October 2009
    Bremen wrote: »
    Sunkist brings up a point I've been wondering about. If we were mafia, would we know it?

Do you actually think I'm going to answer that?

lonelyahava on
    edited October 2009
    Bremen wrote: »

Do you actually think I'm going to answer that?

Ahava brings up an interesting point. Obviously if the mafia know they are mafia, they would already know that.

However, if WE don't know which win condition we have, we won't know how to play. I believe that if possible we should get a clarification to that, cause if I am evil and don't know it, I want to kill spreadsheeters.

If I am either a villager or special and don't know it, that means I can still play to the village win condition. If I don't even know what my win condition is I have no idea if I should just be sheeping, killing SS'ers, or what.

Orange Soda on
    edited October 2009
    Yes.

The Individual Members of the Mafia know who they are.

and that's all that you're getting.

lonelyahava on
  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Let the day one shenanigans begin!

And the almighty rng tells me to vote zandracon.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Good enough for me then, EECC

Burnage for taking the easy way out last game and leaving his team to die

errr wait..... Burnage, thanks for that.

I don't think I have ever seen visiblehowl die day 1

Orange Soda on
  • OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Time for another Day 1 RNG

!fadingathedges

Osvik on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arivia. Because last time I waited till too late to do it.

(I <3 you Arivia)

Bremen on
    edited October 2009
    And i'm going to bed now.

Be back tonight.

behave yourselves.

lonelyahava on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I don't think I have ever seen visiblehowl die day 1
    Really? That's funny, because it happens a lot.

Proportionately speaking, I mean. You probably haven't seen it recently because I haven't been in many phallas recently.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited October 2009
    Yeah you have been around for a long time :P

Orange Soda on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    EECC, because he spreadsheets. I am banking on being mafia, so that means I should kill spreadsheeting before it begins.

Yeah, you're on a bit of a roll, right OS?

garroad_ran on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yeah, you don't get to ride on that bandwagon!

Me, on the other hand?

Burrrrrrrrrnage!!!

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm an old phallogey!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited October 2009
    I'm an old phallogey!

He totally is!

And winner of a Mornington Crescent game, from memory!

ecco the dolphin on
    edited October 2009
    Why, I remember when you had to walk 10 miles uphill to D&D to get your phallas. You kids have it easy with your Critical Failures and whatnot!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited October 2009
    Why, I remember when you had to walk 10 miles uphill to D&D to get your phallas. You kids have it easy with your Critical Failures and whatnot!

Why, back when I first spreadsheeted, we carved tallies into stone tablets, and no one retracted their votes because men were men and women were men too!

ecco the dolphin on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sunkist, this phalla isn't for you.

simonwolf on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wanna fanta don't you wanna wanna fanta don't you wanna

!Orange Soda

Oh I wanna

Nocturne on
    edited October 2009
    Can we target ourselves?

Not that I will, or anything.

ecco the dolphin on
    edited October 2009
    kuhlmeye!

Also, spreadsheet won't be updated until after vote close tonight due to me going on a course the entire day.

Yay!

ecco the dolphin on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The only problem I see with this premise is a severe lack of Day 1 Epic Reveals.

Nocturne on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If only I had checked the thread lists more diligently this morning, I could have bumped aznman out!

!Reserve Up in case of terrible phallateers. Though I don't see Dac Vin in the signup list.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    reserve

Robos A Go Go on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Where did this come from? I didn't even see the sign-ups when I when to work last night!

samurai6966 on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn, I missed this. !Reserve up

Do people who reserve get nicknames?

Ebfan on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »
    Damn, I missed this. !Reserve up

Do people who reserve get nicknames?

Can his be Ebfart?

simonwolf on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Orangelo Sodangelo

this is a game for people who are not you.

Dunadan019 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can we target ourselves?

Not that I will, or anything.

Hee hee hee, I'm going to!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oh and I almost forgot...

ahem:

AHAVA, HOW COULD YOU ONLY GIVE ME A VANILLAGER ROLE, I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL BUT NOW I SEE THAT YOU DON'T LOVE ME!!!!!

Dunadan019 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    oh and I almost forgot...

ahem:

AHAVA, HOW COULD YOU ONLY GIVE ME A VANILLAGER ROLE, I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL BUT NOW I SEE THAT YOU DON'T LOVE ME!!!!!
    I was gonna complain about that too :P.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.