As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any Tekken 5 contestants in the Seattle area?

2»

• Options
    AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I'm so looking forward to the Tekken 5 Tournament. Finally, a competition where I stand a chance of winning!

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Damn, go easy on us humble folks.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I played a little bit on that free tekken 5 box at Comic-Con.

I got humbled by this guy who played Cristy. I think my confidence has been permanantly shattered.

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    By the way, the left Tekken 5 system at Gameworks has better sticks. What are those called and is there a similar console stick I can buy?

Edit:
    Zig21 wrote:
    If you were going to go to Bellevue for it, you might as well drive ten more minutes and go to Woodinville...

10 minutes my ass, more like 15. And when you're coming from Federal Way, that's roughly an hour of driving.

Plus Bellevue was actually a place you'd go to regardless. There's NOTHING in Woodinville. It's a bad location and too far away at that.

Isn't Bungie in Woodenville now? You could always jump in that retarded thread about getting a tour of Valve, and suggest Bungie instead :P
    MArvo wrote:
    I played ALOT on the everett mall machines, but sadly they have passed on.

I would like to challenge some people, just name a time and place. :-) nothing like good competition

That is such bullshit too. I have lived in Everett all of my life, and Casey's was just a part of Everett. It's like "let's go beat up some shit at Casey's" and it would be so! Then we could walk down the hall and buy games at EB or something.

Everett Mall will be completely revamped by next summer, with a Best Buy accross the street, and a HUGE new theater. When the mall gets cool again, I'm willing to bet there MAY be a small arcade startup.

Surprised they haven't tried to start something in the HUGE ASS NEW AWESOME Alderwood Mall. Wtf? Just cause they had two arcades that failed (and had crappy location if you asked me). Now that mall gets more people every day than an Airport, they really should try again.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    My friend Nick put those 360's in the GW T5 machine. And I will forever hold a grudge for that. Japanese sticks are too good for peasants such as you.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Megapuppy wrote:
    I played a little bit on that free tekken 5 box at Comic-Con.

I got humbled by this guy who played Cristy. I think my confidence has been permanantly shattered.
    Don't blame yourself too much, the sticks/buttons at Comic-Con were HORRIBLE.

And Zig knows that they should install Fighter's Choice-quality sticks on every Tekken 5 machine.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Zig21 wrote:
    My friend Nick put those 360's in the GW T5 machine. And I will forever hold a grudge for that. Japanese sticks are too good for peasants such as you.

I <3 you too Zig. Just remember I have you on every front except fighters :)

Anyway, where can I get a stick that resembles those 360s? A console stick that I can use for any console, or can buy an adapter for? I'm interested in picking up something before PAX.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Well, I'm niot used to sticks very much anyways.

I actually prefer the PS2 controller.

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I have up till now. I have been playing at arcades more. I played T5 at Everett Mall till it was gone :(

TrainwreckX on