As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer 40k - Such is the Emperor's will.

1565758596062»

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Panda4You wrote: »
    zenpotato wrote: »
    Orks have a codex that is actually Apocrypha from the early version of the Bible, Eldar are Eldar, etc.
    True, but is'nt the new codex coming out late this year? If you could wait some months....
    I'm really praying for an overhaul to the minis line to go with codex release.

From the current rumor mill it appears that the new Chaos Codex is coming out in September so unless the Orks are out for Christmas (which I doubt so soon after Chaos) I would think we won't be seeing Orks untill spring of 08 at the earliest.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Panda4You wrote: »
    zenpotato wrote: »
    Orks have a codex that is actually Apocrypha from the early version of the Bible, Eldar are Eldar, etc.
    True, but is'nt the new codex coming out late this year? If you could wait some months....
    I'm really praying for an overhaul to the minis line to go with codex release.

From the current rumor mill it appears that the new Chaos Codex is coming out in September so unless the Orks are out for Christmas (which I doubt so soon after Chaos) I would think we won't be seeing Orks untill spring of 08 at the earliest.

So that makes, what, 2 or 3 chaos codexes compared to 1 ork?

The ork codex is laughable. It has virtually no content at all, and lacks any character.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Let's talk about inks.

I've used a wash (paint heavily thinned down with water) before, but don't love it. Are inks already thinned down? I have city water, but there's still enough crud in it that a very watered down wash can leave residue on the model instead of just a dark color.

Learn me on inks.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's a shame that Necrons, Tau, Eldar, basicly everyone else has had a revision to thier codex while orks languish; even the 4th Edition of 40k! before Orks saw a rumour of a new codex.
    The last time I saw real intrest in an ork army was the armageddon war codex 5+ years ago.

About painting even though I have an art degree I am a poor teacher so any advice I could give is hap-hazard.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Inks are nearly as thin as water, but still with lots of pigmentation. So it's nowhere near the same as thinned paint.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    It's a shame that Necrons, Tau, Eldar, basicly everyone else has had a revision to thier codex while orks languish; even the 4th Edition of 40k! before Orks saw a rumour of a new codex.
    The last time I saw real intrest in an ork army was the armageddon war codex 5+ years ago.

Not to mention that the second Chaos Codex is really good, and gives you tons of options, not to mention you can combine it with the Lost and the Damned for even more variety.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

About painting even though I have an art degree I am a poor teacher so any advice I could give is hap-hazard.

The reason on the Ork delay is because of some problems with the huge number of new models they will be getting. Apparently some of the multi use vehicle kits had some issues with connectivity so they delayed the release to make sure everything is of the best possible quality. GW wants to get Orks out as soon as possible but aren't about to throw a bunch of crappy models out with some crappy revisions, they want Orks done right. Any delay only helps to ensure the Codex will be rock solid.

Plus for all we know they will fix the model problems tomorrow and have Ork released in September.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited March 2007

Not to mention that the second Chaos Codex is really good, and gives you tons of options, not to mention you can combine it with the Lost and the Damned for even more variety.

It is.
    I am tempted to make a chaos cult army lead by the Word Bearers or Alpha Legion this was one of the many plans I had from years ago that I never fully got into.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So I remembered that I will shortly be getting a Ravenwing Battleforce and a squad of terminators that I Pre-ordered a while back. I'm going to put a hold on doing my terrain log till my birthday mid April. This will hopefully give me time to finish what I have and what I'm about to get.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited March 2007

The reason on the Ork delay is because of some problems with the huge number of new models they will be getting. Apparently some of the multi use vehicle kits had some issues with connectivity so they delayed the release to make sure everything is of the best possible quality. GW wants to get Orks out as soon as possible but aren't about to throw a bunch of crappy models out with some crappy revisions, they want Orks done right. Any delay only helps to ensure the Codex will be rock solid.

Plus for all we know they will fix the model problems tomorrow and have Ork released in September.

It's annoying that they are still using the vehicles from Gorka Morka. There is no cheap to make a grot army {I remember my girlfreind of the time was named Gretchin and was offened that the "little snot men" have her name} with the other parts you are kind of limited in the desgin of your army with updates to models compared to everyone else. Even fantasy orcs have had a number of updates in 5 years.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, the gorkamorka vehicles were designed for gorkamorka orks, which are not only smaller, but use tiny bases. Also, orks are still using the even older 2nd edition bikes!

There is a cheap way to get grots, though, get your hands on a 2nd edition box set. Thats how I got mine.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think I'm just going to convert a gnoblar box set, when I get around to it. I have enough guns spare.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So I remembered that I will shortly be getting a Ravenwing Battleforce and a squad of terminators that I Pre-ordered a while back. I'm going to put a hold on doing my terrain log till my birthday mid April. This will hopefully give me time to finish what I have and what I'm about to get.

Thats sounds nice. I really do need to get a ravenwing battleforce sometime.

Cosmo on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to convert a gnoblar box set, when I get around to it. I have enough guns spare.

Yeah, thats an idea, too. I also have tons of 2nd edition bolters sitting around, great for representing any sort of str 3 gun.

I haven't really been interested in my orks since I saw Ein's stuff, though, mine are speed painted. They look good all massed up, but nothing special individually.

I do think orks are a strong army though, especially shooty orks. Your standard shoota boyz crush any other shooty infantry to a pulp in melee(tau, IG, eldar), and have a slight edge against vanilla marines.

Against CC armies, The sheer amount of str 5 shots you can put out shreds 'nids and even close combat marines, letting your boyz crush them in melee. I've fought Khorne armies that had nearly nothing standing when they reached my lines, at which point my trukk boyz counter charged and well, gg.

The only slugga boyz I fielded were my trukk boyz, 3 squads, all my fast attack choices.

And my looted Russ has never failed to make up its point cost. I don't understand the infatuation with Basilisks, they blow. Literally, paper thin tanks for the lose.

Come to think of it, I may buy some more boyz >.>

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    RalakanRalakan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    New thread started, please post there :)

Ralakan on
This discussion has been closed.