As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super[chat]ter

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Yep, here we go. So, retarded medieval myths. Blood groove anybody?

Fullers were meant to lighten.

the end.

Pretty easy, right? There are still people who believe in the myth though.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Would the conquest of south and central america basically answer the indians vs knights crap?

Not really. They were like

conquistadors? Come on in!

No, not at all.

You have netflix? This series on streaming is quite good on the subject.

It was far more political maneuvering than most people seem to understand.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All I've done for three days is stare at a monitor and watch someone steal repeatedly. I'm only halfway through the footage too. My brain is melting.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

Would you like to acquire this delicious tincture for internal miasma? Rated most quaffable by the fiefdom's best cheves and other cookmen

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    And still the most embarrassing thing to happen to you that day was being a member of the SCA.

Indeed. Who likes seeing intelligent women in corsets? Nah, nobody here...

intelligent?

Passer, put on the damn corset and post a picture god damnit. Nobody cares about what's in your head.

Johannen on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What I was saying is that you were right Quizzy. The emphasis should have been, " (Oh)It was a fridge."

I only saw that film once.

Oh, I get you.

I too only saw it once. But it was enough to sear my brain forever.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All I've done for three days is stare at a monitor and watch someone steal repeatedly. I'm only halfway through the footage too. My brain is melting.

The same someone?

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hm. I need to find a lady. Does anyone know where you go about finding those? Is there a store?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Biggest lie I've read today? That people who would watch Dollhouse do something on friday nights...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I've used an axe many times, and I even have all of my limbs and digits!

Mostly I was objecting to the notion that a blunt weapon was somehow better at damaging someone through armor. I can agree that a club is easier to wield than an axe.

It's more that a club has a better chance of delivering its force than an axe does.

Battle axes and swords with heavy chopping blades where the weight is distributed towards the tip are anti-chainmail inventions. They are next to useless against plate but were easily capable of cleaving through the fairly low quality iron mail used throughout europe. Against chainmail, a good axe has a signifigant advantage over a club of the same weight.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Coldred wrote: »
    Coldred wrote: »

Blood Groove sounds like a great name for a Jazz Metal band.

Perplexed he asked: Jazz Metal?

http://www.last.fm/tag/jazz%20metal

Haha, and I thought I just made that up.

Thank god, you made it up.
    Oh god!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

the end.

I don't understand the myth :?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm sorry but most renfaire chicks are more bovine than defined.

Yeah the corset is there for its intended purpose, to make the chick look slimmer than she is. And much like putting pepper on shit, it does nothing to the overal astethic.

It is not a stereotype if it is true. I've been going to the ATL Renfaire for a few years now and let me tell you, the black knight has less to worry about than the funnelcake booth.

Ludious on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And still the most embarrassing thing to happen to you that day was being a member of the SCA.

intelligent?

Many SCA enthusiasts do serious research into their costumes and characters and are usually very well educated on a variety of different periods.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Would the conquest of south and central america basically answer the indians vs knights crap?

Not really. They were like

conquistadors? Come on in!

No, not at all.

You have netflix? This series on streaming is quite good on the subject.

It was far more political maneuvering than most people seem to understand.

Geography wasn't the right word but this is what I meant. Perhaps world history.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Mostly I was objecting to the notion that a blunt weapon was somehow better at damaging someone through armor. I can agree that a club is easier to wield than an axe.

It's more that a club has a better chance of delivering its force than an axe does.

Battle axes and swords with heavy chopping blades where the weight is distributed towards the tip are anti-chainmail inventions. They are next to useless against plate but were easily capably of cleaving through the fairly low quality iron mail used throughout europe. Against chainmail, a good axe has a signifigant advantage over a club of the same weight.

I thought we were arguing about plate mail, which is the deflectingist mofo in town.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Biggest lie I've read today? That people who would watch Dollhouse do something on friday nights...
    I raid in WoW.

...that's not really the kind of thing you were talking about, is it?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

the end.

I don't understand the myth :?

Good. Guard your innocence.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Johannen wrote: »
    Passer, put on the damn corset and post a picture god damnit. Nobody cares about what's in your head.

I don't own any. Even if I did, you're not special enough to see me in it. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm sorry but most renfaire chicks are more bovine than defined.

Yeah the corset is there for its intended purpose, to make the chick look slimmer than she is. And much like putting pepper on shit, it does nothing to the overal astethic.

It is not a stereotype if it is true. I've been going to the ATL Renfaire for a few years now and let me tell you, the black knight has less to worry about than the funnelcake booth.

Worry? Man brothers are in love there, nothing but fat white women! It's better than going to an old country buffet.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009

intelligent?

Many SCA enthusiasts do serious research into their costumes and characters and are usually very well educated on a variety of different periods.

I really hate the ones who just get their ideas of the Ren period from a goddamn fantasy novel though.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009

intelligent?

So they are intelligent in the same way that a ten year old that really loves pokemans is intelligent.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Battle axes and swords with heavy chopping blades where the weight is distributed towards the tip are anti-chainmail inventions. They are next to useless against plate but were easily capably of cleaving through the fairly low quality iron mail used throughout europe. Against chainmail, a good axe has a signifigant advantage over a club of the same weight.

I thought we were arguing about plate mail, which is the deflectingist mofo in town.

Oh, yeah. Indeed an axe or a club is not what you want to be holding in close combat against someone in good quality plate. What you want is a brace of pistols or a musket costing a tiny fraction of what that sucker paid for his armor.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I raid in WoW.

Well I meant something that takes them out of the house. "Oh man I go clubbing, to bars etc." It's total bullshit the neckbeards stay at home and claim they were busy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I really hate the ones who just get their ideas of the Ren period from a goddamn fantasy novel though.

Ech, yeah. Unless it's a historical novel, then it's a little more tolerable. Still, I'd rather have someone who went directly to the histories.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Oh, yeah. Indeed an axe or a club is not what you want to be holding in close combat against someone in good quality plate. What you want is a brace of pistols or a musket costing a tiny fraction of what that sucker paid for his armor.

Screw that give me a pipe bomb.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Derrick wrote: »

The same someone?
    Yeah. We're (we're being me) gathering evidence of every time he took money from a drawer. I'm up to 33 times over the span of 5 days at $20 a pop.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, I would much rather stay home than go clubbing. Fuck clubs.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I raid in WoW.

Well I meant something that takes them out of the house. "Oh man I go clubbing, to bars etc." It's total bullshit the neckbeards stay at home and claim they were busy.

I watch dollhouse.

and i go out.

this is why i will forever be alone.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Yeah how dare they not have a true belief in their costume dress! Those charlatans!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So they are intelligent in the same way that a ten year old that really loves pokemans is intelligent.

I will cut you.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Every Friday it feels like I'm disappointing some stereotype when I got out to dinner with friends.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Derrick wrote: »

The same someone?
    Yeah. We're (we're being me) gathering evidence of every time he took money from a drawer. I'm up to 33 times over the span of 5 days at $20 a pop.

Ugh, I've done the sitting there part. It sucks.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yeah how dare they not have a true belief in their costume dress! Those charlatans!

Stylized "period" dress is much better. I PREFER the fantasy costumes.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I watch dollhouse.

and i go out.

Well all the drinking is the issue.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I think I'm gonna walk over to 25 for lunch today.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Ech, yeah. Unless it's a historical novel, then it's a little more tolerable. Still, I'd rather have someone who went directly to the histories.

It would be really nice to see Ren Faires that actually focused on what made the Ren special.

Usually people are instead trying to look like they're from the dark ages as depicted by Saturday Morning Cartoons.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Many of them even bathe! pfaw, right, like you were nobility!

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I watch dollhouse.

and i go out.

Well all the drinking is the issue.

Nah.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png